Heard this story on the new this morning. Coroner: 2 Found In Stuck Jeep Died Of Carbon Monoxide - Pennsylvania News Story - WGAL The Susquehanna Valley
My heart goes out to the family of the fallen. If the link doesnt work here is the story. We all need to be careful out wheeling and do our best to wheel in pairs.
Coroner: 2 Found In Stuck Jeep Died Of Carbon Monoxide
SHAMOKIN, Pa. --
Carbon monoxide poisoning killed a man and woman whose bodies were found in a vehicle that got stuck in a creek.
Police in Northumberland County said they were called to the scene in Coal Township shortly before 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. They found the two in a Jeep that was partially submerged in water in a wooded area off Mountain Creek Road.
Coroner James Kelley identified the victims Wednesday as David Dascani, 38, and Kelley Gusick, 24, both of the Shamokin area. He ruled their deaths accidental.
Kelley said the Jeep's exhaust system apparently became submerged in the creek as Dascani struggled to drive out of the creek, and carbon monoxide gas then filled the vehicle because the windows were rolled up.