So I finally found what i was looking for and bought it. Now Id like some input on building it. First jeep so fairly unfamiliar to this. Any input is appreciated.
2004 Wrangler Willy Edition (9,000 miles)
5 speed manual
4'' Pro Comp suspension lift
33'' Pro Comp Mud tires
Warn Wench 9.5
d30 front, d35 rear
So first on my priority list is regearing, the 3.07 with 33'' are killing me. I dont even think it will tow my waverunner. I am debating however....
1) Doing gears only (4.56)
2) Doing gears and limited slip and/or selectable locker(s)
3) SAVING and waiting to buy complete D44 axle with gears and/or locker, I think i can save some $$ on labor and swap the axle myself but then still have to pay to regear front.
1) How much of a difference does the D44 upgrade make? Will i notice a performance increase or mostly just durability?
2) Can i buy a D44 without gears so i can have them put my gears and locker in it later? Would that be waste and headache or even possible?
3) LSD or locker? front or rear? prob wont do both