Hey guys, I have been creeping around this forum a bit, and decided to join recently when I started searching for a Jeep. I have wanted one since I was about 8, but haven't been able to afford one until now. I looked around a bunch and found some very high mileage expensive Jeeps that were in pretty rough shape. However, I got extremely lucky and came across a cheap craigslist add that was posted this morning. I got to the guy first and now am the proud owner of an '01 Sport! with only 87k on it
Enough talk here are a few pics...
He had all the stupid fake diamond plate on it, so I got home and spent like an hour ripping it all off. This dude literally had it everywhere...
Can anyone tell me what kind of rear bumper/tire rack/basket is? I like it!
So, now I have a few questions since I am a total noob when it comes to Jeeps. (My DD is a volvo so they are extremely different. And yes yes i know I drive a volvo lol)
1) When I let the clutch out while sitting a light in neutral I get this rattling that comes from under the Jeep. I had a car with a bad throw out once but it rattled when the clutch went in...?
2) Any maintenance I should look at doing besides oil change and such. I pulled the plugs and they are new so that makes my life easier.
3) When I am in 1st and 2nd gear the Jeep whines pretty bad, is that normal with the lower gears or should I be worried about it. The while is RPM dependent.
4) I need new tires, the owner has three pretty worn bf goodrich mud whatever's on it, and one mismatched. What tires would you recommend me getting? I do like the look of the bf goodrich.
5) I have the DW from like 50 to 60 mph should I wait and see how a new set of tires balanced and an alignment does or should I look else where for issues?
Also any advice, teaching, criticism, or whatever would be great. I am sure I will be picking all you guys brains for as much knowledge as I can get!
Oh, by the way I am located in Northern VA, but go to school in tidewater VA so if anyone ever wants to meet up and shoot the shit I am always down!