I have so many questions...where to start.
Just purchased a 1998 Wrangler Sport. I can tell a few after market options were added so this is where I need help.
1. Love the fenders (if that's what those are or is it fender flares?). Anyone know the style or model type they are? If I ever need to replace them.
a. The bolts holding them are have a little rust, can those be replaced by any other regular bolts/screws or can rust be easily cleaned/removed?
2. It's defiantly lifted but how to tell by how many inches or what would you guess?
3. Can a hard top be painted? I've removed a purpleish looking tint from the back windows and need to remove the residue next.
4. One of the speakers on the sound bar does not work, suggestions on what to look for on fixing it?
5. In the front "springs" around the shocks is a round golf ball sized thing that is extremely cracked on both sides and dry rotted looking. Are these bushings of some sort to help reduce impact and once was rubber? Lol do they need to be replaced?
6. When sitting idle the engine seems like it is sputtering wanting to cut off, it doesn't, but doesn't sound right and shakes a little.
a. When sitting idle also smells like it could be burning something, oil? No smoke though.
7. To get a copy of a key made can this be done at any place like Home Depot or is there chips in these older models that has to be done at a dealership?
8. Do they take regular gas? (I pray so)
9. What types of soft tops fit a 98?
a. What is involved in purchasing one and from where?
b. Do you have to buy a whole frame for soft tops or do they come with everything you need?
c. Do they sell different soft tops for whole doors or half doors?
d. Mine is considered whole doors correct?
10. If you buy half doors, do they come with keys or do you get them rekeyed?
11. Particular oil that has to be used? Manual 6 cyl w/ 92k miles.
12. How much of a difference is there in mph when using large off terrain tires?
13. Should the odometer have been adjusted for the larger tires? Is there a way to tell?
Any help would be appreciated. I want to be very hands on working on this myself. As a female I would like to be able to fix what I can on the side of the road if it happens to break down or seem like I know what I'm talking about when asked questions. ; )