10-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Join Date: Oct 2012
First off Hello-- Houston-- I NEED HELP
Hello and Thank you for your TIME.. Mike
Yesturday I decided to teach my brothers Triplets (15) how to drive a stick shift jeep (They love jeeps) and You can imagine the stalling- lurching but they did pretty good considering it was their first time and we have all been there..
One of them popped the clutch with gas hard enough to chirp the tires and we heard a big Clank and he was smart enough to just push the clutch back in and hit the brake, ya a 15 year old actually followed instructions in panic mode
PROBLEM: I'll make this detailed as its weird to me..
1. Now I drove it back from Toledo to Berea- (110 miles turnpike) using all the gears and at 75mph NO issues.
2. Reverse works perfect
3. 4x4 high and low work perfect
4. When I turn left or right "IN GEAR" the same huge Clank clank clank clank clank but only on turns??
5. I can turn left or right with the CLUTCH PUSHED IN and NO clank clank clank while moving at speed 5 to 25.
6. I can Floor it in 1,2,3,4,5,6 going straight to 5000 RPM's no issues or sounds..
Any thoughts? Thank you so much Mike
Jeep is a 2005 TJ unlimited 6 speed, 4.0 I6, 373 gears, SYE, 6" lift, 35" tires, 24,526 miles as of today. No lockers but rear has stock jeep LSD.