Flipping window shades in TJ - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today



Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
flash1034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 622
flash1034 is on a distinguished road
Flipping window shades in TJ

Ok. I feel like a dork. I tried swapping my shades yesterday but noted that they don't fold up out of the way in the same way. Am I missing something? Did I possibly do something wrong ( or not do something)?

Thanks,

Flash
flash1034 is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Dextreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 6,869
Dextreme is on a distinguished road
I am lost...why did you swap them to begin with? Maybe an obvious solution is to swap them back?

__________________
'99 Chili Pepper TJ - I4 PowerTech motor
33x12.5 DuraTracs
Zone 4.25"
F8.8/Artec Rear
Dextreme is online now   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
RLYBUSY

WF Supporting Member
 
Kota7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 92677 & 92004
Posts: 2,238
Kota7x is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash1034
Ok. I feel like a dork. I tried swapping my shades yesterday but noted that they don't fold up out of the way in the same way. Am I missing something? Did I possibly do something wrong ( or not do something)?

Thanks,

Flash
I pulled the rod out of the side of the visor and flipped the visor itself. Pretty much what you end up with is the rods stay on the same side of the jeep that they came from and the visors go from driver to pass, and vise versa. Hope this helps.
Kota7x is online now   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
RLYBUSY

WF Supporting Member
 
Kota7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 92677 & 92004
Posts: 2,238
Kota7x is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextreme
I am lost...why did you swap them to begin with? Maybe an obvious solution is to swap them back?
It hides the ugly warning stickers on the visors by facing them forward when they are pushed up.
Kota7x is online now   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
flash1034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 622
flash1034 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the response. So the rods just pull out of the visors and you swap them?


Thanks,

Flash
flash1034 is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Atthehop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NW, NJ
Posts: 4,049
Atthehop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kota7x View Post
It hides the ugly warning stickers on the visors by facing them forward when they are pushed up.
If you keep your eyes on the road and traffic you won't see the stickers. Personally I just ignore them in any vehicle I drive.
__________________
Retired my 94 YJ 4cyl 5spd @ 200K
Now in a 04 TJ 4cyl 5spd CV @120K+
Both as a commuter vehicle in NW, NJ
April 2012.downsized and now a 99er.
Atthehop is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 7
xjnewfie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atthehop View Post

If you keep your eyes on the road and traffic you won't see the stickers. Personally I just ignore them in any vehicle I drive.
I agree. Not to mention those ugly stickers tend to have some useful information.
xjnewfie is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
UnlimitedRubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: behind enemy lines fighting the Caliban
Posts: 1,934
UnlimitedRubicon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kota7x View Post
I pulled the rod out of the side of the visor and flipped the visor itself. Pretty much what you end up with is the rods stay on the same side of the jeep that they came from and the visors go from driver to pass, and vise versa. Hope this helps.




Quote:
Originally Posted by xjnewfie View Post
Not to mention those ugly stickers tend to have some useful information.

UnlimitedRubicon is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #9
RLYBUSY

WF Supporting Member
 
Kota7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 92677 & 92004
Posts: 2,238
Kota7x is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash1034
Thanks for the response. So the rods just pull out of the visors and you swap them?

Thanks,

Flash
Exactly
Kota7x is online now   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
flash1034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 622
flash1034 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info.


Flash

flash1034 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC
« Back

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner