For the record...Coverking and Quadratech - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 19
For the record...Coverking and Quadratech

I may be posting this in the wrong place, mods feel free to move if needed.
I wanted to post my experience with ordering CoverKing seat covers from Quadratech for my TJ.
The order was easy to place and arrived quickly. Kudos for that. I doubt i will be ordering anything else from Quadratech though, based on the fact that they have no product reviews on the product webpages. I assume if they had these customer reviews i could have avoided these POS seat covers.
I read several other reviews on this site and another Jeep site. Several relatively positive things said about coverking seat covers. My number one concern with any seat cover is how does it fit? Will it slide around when i try to get in the seat? A couple reviews kinda addressed this.
I got these today. Put them on today very quickly because they fit so loose. That should have been my first warning sign. All the reviews i read said to leave them in the sun and then prepare for alot of work. These things slipped right on. and say puffed out because there is so much extra material. They slide like mad when getting in the jeep....again ...because of poor fit and extra material. Quadratech doesnt want them back because technically there isnt anything wrong with them....other than being POS product. Not really their fault, other than not having a customer review section so we can warn each other about bad products. Ah well. last purchase from Quadratech solely for this reason. I wouldnt discourage others from using Quadratech, just my preference. I would warn anybody from wasting any time or money on Coverking products though. They are junk. Buyer beware.

TJ_again is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Madden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 446
Images: 3
Send a message via Skype™ to Madden
Really? Because I bought mine and love them, they fit a little loose but it's certainly not noticeable. I've even thrown them in the wash a few times and they still fit like a charm, maybe yours were made on a Monday or something because I've had nothing but good things to say about them.

__________________
Madden is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-22-2013, 01:48 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
DavidW954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 241
Weird. Mine are great. A cover will never be as good as the original seat material, but if mine were any tighter I don't think you'd be able to get them on. Can't say I notice any slipping either?

Sounds to me that you've been sent the wrong seat cover.
DavidW954 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
Yipeee Kay Ayyy

WF Supporting Member
 
Wesboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,974
Have you tried contacting Coverking?
This may be an issue they are aware of - possibly some of their products were packaged incorrectly (or something else - just guessing).

I bought a Kentrol product from Quadratec which was clearly wrong for my TJ - I contacted Quadratec and they didn't want to know.
I then contacted Kentrol and they had a new product in the mail immediately - absolutely no questions, didn't want proof of purchase and didn't want me to return the incorrectly packaged item either.
__________________
97 TJ Sport 4.0L Auto RHD
http://www.wranglerforum.com/profile.php?do=updatesignature#sigpic
Wesboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Dare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 157
I have had them on mine for about 8 months and the fit was tight and to date no issues with any slippage....I agree with a previous post sounds like maybe the wrong covers?
__________________
2005 LJ My Fun and work in progress "Betty"
2012 JKU Rubicon "Lucy Loo"
2013 JKU Sahara "Dixie"
2011 F150 Harley Edition "Foxy"
2012 Road Glide Screamin Eagle "Molly"
93 Fat Boy "Baby"
Dare is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 19
ok, gonna try calling Coverking on Monday. I am not holding my breath though. Maybe its the pessimist in me. Thanks for the comments yall. Its at least worth calling to see what they say.
TJ_again is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Under my Jeep in beautiful upstate N.Y.
Posts: 2,832
Did you call Q tech? Ive always had good luck returning there stuff.
1jeeplvr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Quadratec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_again View Post
I may be posting this in the wrong place, mods feel free to move if needed.
I wanted to post my experience with ordering CoverKing seat covers from Quadratech for my TJ.
The order was easy to place and arrived quickly. Kudos for that. I doubt i will be ordering anything else from Quadratech though, based on the fact that they have no product reviews on the product webpages. I assume if they had these customer reviews i could have avoided these POS seat covers.
I read several other reviews on this site and another Jeep site. Several relatively positive things said about coverking seat covers. My number one concern with any seat cover is how does it fit? Will it slide around when i try to get in the seat? A couple reviews kinda addressed this.
I got these today. Put them on today very quickly because they fit so loose. That should have been my first warning sign. All the reviews i read said to leave them in the sun and then prepare for alot of work. These things slipped right on. and say puffed out because there is so much extra material. They slide like mad when getting in the jeep....again ...because of poor fit and extra material. Quadratech doesnt want them back because technically there isnt anything wrong with them....other than being POS product. Not really their fault, other than not having a customer review section so we can warn each other about bad products. Ah well. last purchase from Quadratech solely for this reason. I wouldnt discourage others from using Quadratech, just my preference. I would warn anybody from wasting any time or money on Coverking products though. They are junk. Buyer beware.

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Please PM me your order # and I'll get this taken care of for you!

Thanks!

-Rick
__________________
Quadratec Web Team

We Price Match, PM me for a quote

Forum Member Discounts

Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

Wrangler Parts | Wrangler Wheels | Wrangler Tires | Wrangler Lift Kits | Wrangler Bumpers | Wrangler Soft Tops
Quadratec is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
s14sh3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Clayton, OK
Posts: 2,049
I, too, would like to see user reviews. I provide reviews for pretty much anything I buy online, if the vendor allows it.
s14sh3r is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
Tinkerer

WF Supporting Member
 
EN3RGIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14sh3r View Post
I, too, would like to see user reviews. I provide reviews for pretty much anything I buy online, if the vendor allows it.
Same here. I think on site reviews are a very valuable tool for us consumers. Especially considering the amount of money we spend on some of our purchases.
__________________
Can't decide on a sig...
EN3RGIX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
TJspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,431
I have cover king seat covers and I really like mine. Fit nice and tight. I've had them for almost 2 years now.
__________________
2000 solar yellow 4.0 sport 3" BDS, 1.25" JKS body lift, 1" Zone motor lift, JKS quicker disconnects, 33x10.5 BFG KM2 on black american racing wheels. D44 rear.

TJspeed is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
bamagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,289
I would be curious what Coverking says. I would like to be able to read the reviews because most jeep people love to talk about their experiences with the products lol at least all of the ones that I know
__________________
Trust me, when I woke up today, I had no plans to be awesome but sh!t happens
bamagirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Quadratec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 613
Thanks for all the comments guys and gals! The new website (Currently in the works) will have available product reviews, among many other great updates.
__________________
Quadratec Web Team

We Price Match, PM me for a quote

Forum Member Discounts

Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

Wrangler Parts | Wrangler Wheels | Wrangler Tires | Wrangler Lift Kits | Wrangler Bumpers | Wrangler Soft Tops
Quadratec is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
IslandTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935'
Posts: 2,619
I've always had great results with Quadratec.
__________________
1998 TJ Moss Green Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather

Edit: "Now jeepin in Oregon"
IslandTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
s14sh3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Clayton, OK
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec View Post
Thanks for all the comments guys and gals! The new website (Currently in the works) will have available product reviews, among many other great updates.
Nice. I hope you guys don't weed out the negative reviews. Unless they're abusive, of course. I've bought computer parts from Newegg for years and like the fact that they put up all reviews, even if it's a negative review because the reviewer was a dumb shit and either ordered the wrong item or didn't understand what he was ordering. The other reviewers tend to set them straight

While we've got your ear...errr..eye, it would be nice if the new site had additional sorting options. It would really help being able to narrow down what you're looking for.
s14sh3r is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Under my Jeep in beautiful upstate N.Y.
Posts: 2,832
Ive been ordering from Quadratec since 2004.They have awesome customer service and Ive never had any prob with returning something.They make it very easy.ThanksQuadratec.
1jeeplvr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
thubub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: So Cali
Posts: 73
I have been dealing with Quadratec for years, sometimes the product has been suspect, but they are a retailer mainly and not a manufactor. I have always been treated fairly and will continue to do business with them.
__________________
R.I.P. Phil Kennemore....
thubub is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #18
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Quadratec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 613
Thanks again for the comments and suggestions!


Quote:
Originally Posted by s14sh3r View Post
Nice. I hope you guys don't weed out the negative reviews. Unless they're abusive, of course. I've bought computer parts from Newegg for years and like the fact that they put up all reviews, even if it's a negative review because the reviewer was a dumb shit and either ordered the wrong item or didn't understand what he was ordering. The other reviewers tend to set them straight

While we've got your ear...errr..eye, it would be nice if the new site had additional sorting options. It would really help being able to narrow down what you're looking for.
The details of how the review system will be implemented are not clear to me at the moment. But, I'm sure we'll allow all reviews, except any abusive/SPAM reviews as you have stated.

We will have a much better sorting option and lots of other goodies as well. It'll be worth the wait. I'm excited and looking forward to the redesign when it does roll out!

-Rick
__________________
Quadratec Web Team

We Price Match, PM me for a quote

Forum Member Discounts

Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

Wrangler Parts | Wrangler Wheels | Wrangler Tires | Wrangler Lift Kits | Wrangler Bumpers | Wrangler Soft Tops
Quadratec is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2014, 05:41 AM   #19
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1
Quadratec

these guys,are a piece of work,ordered some seats,after two weeks with out hearing a word,called 3 days in a row,and 3 different answers of why we don't have the seats. Said they were order from smittybuilt and they haven't received them yet.i might receive them in 4-5 more weeks. told them to forget it and give me a credit on my card,said they didn't bill the card till they shipped,we will see when I get the statement.
Seems like a lot of other people have gotten the same run around,I really don't think this is a brick and mortar business,just a one pony show,that orders parts ,when a order is received,because they have no inventory.
Will never order anything from this bunch,what a joke.
Stix115 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
TrailbossNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a house...
Posts: 452
I have been using Q-tec since about 1992 and never had an issue with 'em. (Other then some of their prices!) Looking around the net, there are plenty of places that sell the Coverking seat covers and have reviews...looks like the OP didn't do much homework, or didn't pay attention to the reviews he found on other sites. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but he saw there were some negative reviews but ordered anyway...If the covers weren't defective why would they take 'em back and give a refund? Business's don't make much money that way. Some places will...some won't. Caveat Emptor....
__________________
An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
TrailbossNJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Neil F.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Marlton, NJ
Posts: 4,977
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix115 View Post
these guys,are a piece of work,ordered some seats,after two weeks with out hearing a word,called 3 days in a row,and 3 different answers of why we don't have the seats. Said they were order from smittybuilt and they haven't received them yet.i might receive them in 4-5 more weeks. told them to forget it and give me a credit on my card,said they didn't bill the card till they shipped,we will see when I get the statement.
Seems like a lot of other people have gotten the same run around,I really don't think this is a brick and mortar business,just a one pony show,that orders parts ,when a order is received,because they have no inventory.
Will never order anything from this bunch,what a joke.
Ok first post, jump on a thread that is almost a year old just to bash Q-Tec. (welcome to the forum) MANY big online retailers do not have full invintory or items are drop shipped from the manufactuer. I've never had an issue with Q-Tec and if you contact the rep above, you can get free shipping.

__________________
2003 TJ, 33" BFG AT, 2" BL, 2" BDS spring lift, Truck Lite headlights, Homemade sunrider top.
Neil F. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
coverking , quadratech , review , seat covers

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC