I think I found a sub enclosure... - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 52
I think I found a sub enclosure...

Hey Jeepers!

I'm finally getting around to doing the sound in my TJ and I chose everything I need. I already had a 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 that I want to put in but the enclosure I have now is way too big to fit behind the rear seat. I was on crutchfield, where I'm ordering the stereo and 4 speakers for the Jeep and they had this pretty small sealed enclosure.

It's a Sound Ordinance Bass Bunker. Here's the link:
Sound Ordnance™ Bass Bunker Sealed single 10" subwoofer enclosure (Model BB10-50S) - Reviews at Crutchfield.com

Can anyone tell me if the dimensions of this will fit in the Jeep?
Height: 11- 11/16"
Width: 12- 3/16"
Depth: 11- 9/16"
Second Depth: 8- 1/2"

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY!!!!!

__________________
noob.
scuba916 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-19-2011, 01:36 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba916 View Post
Hey Jeepers!

I'm finally getting around to doing the sound in my TJ and I chose everything I need. I already had a 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 that I want to put in but the enclosure I have now is way too big to fit behind the rear seat. I was on crutchfield, where I'm ordering the stereo and 4 speakers for the Jeep and they had this pretty small sealed enclosure.

It's a Sound Ordinance Bass Bunker. Here's the link:
Sound Ordnance™ Bass Bunker Sealed single 10" subwoofer enclosure (Model BB10-50S) - Reviews at Crutchfield.com

Can anyone tell me if the dimensions of this will fit in the Jeep?
Height: 11- 11/16"
Width: 12- 3/16"
Depth: 11- 9/16"
Second Depth: 8- 1/2"

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY!!!!!
That would probably fit but it would be close. I measure about 12.5" of clearance back there.

-Wes

KP Texan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 52
H
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP Texan View Post
That would probably fit but it would be close. I measure about 12.5" of clearance back there.

-Wes
Do you know if I can move the rear seat up a few inches? That way it can fit more comfortably.
__________________
noob.
scuba916 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
bmanrkg3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 20 minutes from everywhere in cape may county,NJ
Posts: 481
Send a message via AIM to bmanrkg3 Send a message via Yahoo to bmanrkg3
If by move up you mean folding it forward, then sure. Otherwise you'd need to drill and move the brackets up accordingly.
__________________
I am the anti chrome.
bmanrkg3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
01TJSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hot Springs, Virginia for another week
Posts: 143
I may be letting the cat out of the bag about being a redneck, but I got a set of 8" subs in a box, but the box was to big. So I took my chainsaw and "custom" fit it. It worked very well, till it was stolen.....Must be hard times if someone stole that redneck engineered enclosure.
01TJSE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01TJSE View Post
I may be letting the cat out of the bag about being a redneck, but I got a set of 8" subs in a box, but the box was to big. So I took my chainsaw and "custom" fit it. It worked very well, till it was stolen.....Must be hard times if someone stole that redneck engineered enclosure.
HAHAH That's hilarious. But I don't think I'll go that route. I'm trying to figure out how much a custom box will be.
__________________
noob.
scuba916 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2011, 04:19 AM   #7
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
That should fit fine... I had a 12 in my jeep with a way bigger box and it fit.
edpac is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpac View Post
That should fit fine... I had a 12 in my jeep with a way bigger box and it fit.
Did it fit with the rear seat in the stock placement? I don't wanna move anything around.
__________________
noob.
scuba916 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
2003x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 964
I have two Apline 12s in my TJ with the rear seat. My dad and I built the box over a few days taking measurements as we went. The back part is slanted to contour to the rear seat. We used a heavy duty carpet to absorb water if any got on it. Door shuts with out any issues and locks. Check out these three links for sub enclosures for TJ's. Any questions let me know. Here a a few pics of the build process.

Product Purchase Page
Subwoofers & Subwoofer Accessories for Jeep® Vehicles - Quadratec
Jeep Custom Subwoofer Boxes at HiFiSoundconnection


__________________
HP D30, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, 4" RC Long Arm, 1" BL, 35" Toyo MT's.
My Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...-build-944608/
2003x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Bubbabuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 53
Images: 5
I added this one to my TJ last week and am really pleased with it.

VR3 LOADED Bazooka 8 inch power subwoofer VRA 1.0PSW


I bought it on ebay.
Bubbabuzz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
2003x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbabuzz View Post
I added this one to my TJ last week and am really pleased with it.

VR3 LOADED Bazooka 8 inch power subwoofer VRA 1.0PSW


I bought it on ebay.
Is this it? Bazooka TA850C 8" Amplified / Powered Subwoofer Bass Tube
__________________
HP D30, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, 4" RC Long Arm, 1" BL, 35" Toyo MT's.
My Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...-build-944608/
2003x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003x View Post
I have two Apline 12s in my TJ with the rear seat. My dad and I built the box over a few days taking measurements as we went. The back part is slanted to contour to the rear seat. We used a heavy duty carpet to absorb water if any got on it. Door shuts with out any issues and locks. Check out these three links for sub enclosures for TJ's. Any questions let me know. Here a a few pics of the build process.

Product Purchase Page
Subwoofers & Subwoofer Accessories for Jeep® Vehicles - Quadratec
Jeep Custom Subwoofer Boxes at HiFiSoundconnection


Thanks for the links but if I had the skills to make a box, I would. Also, those enclosures are way too pricey and I can probably just get a custom box from an audio shop for around $75.
__________________
noob.
scuba916 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
ForumKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 99
Build yourself the under the seat sub. I made mine last summer and it sounds great, its hidden, and easy to make.
ForumKing is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumKing View Post
Build yourself the under the seat sub. I made mine last summer and it sounds great, its hidden, and easy to make.
I thought about it but it really lowers the full capability of the sub. Plus, the sub i have now (Rockford Forsgate P2 10") isn't really shallow. Thanks for the tip though.
__________________
noob.
scuba916 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Bubbabuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 53
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003x View Post

2003x, I looked at those, but bought this one for $40 + $15 shipping from the ebay seller upscalecustoms.

VR3 LOADED Bazooka 8 inch power subwoofer> VRA 1.0PSW | eBay

I hope this link works. I am extremely pleased with the sound for the money.
Bubbabuzz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2011, 07:02 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Pmedg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumKing View Post
Build yourself the under the seat sub. I made mine last summer and it sounds great, its hidden, and easy to make.
sorry to hijack

How easy would you say it is? also would a 12" woofer fit, i have 2 12"MTX 6000's at my parents house from my grand cherokee. i would love to put one of them in my rear seat. thanks
Pmedg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
2003x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedg View Post
sorry to hijack

How easy would you say it is? also would a 12" woofer fit, i have 2 12"MTX 6000's at my parents house from my grand cherokee. i would love to put one of them in my rear seat. thanks
Basic carpentry skills, if you can measure and cut, then you could build a box. All it is is MDF wood, wood glue, caulk and screws.
__________________
HP D30, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, 4" RC Long Arm, 1" BL, 35" Toyo MT's.
My Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...-build-944608/
2003x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
danieldlg_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,012
Send a message via MSN to danieldlg_13 Send a message via Yahoo to danieldlg_13
Go to any local mobile audio store... not Best Buy or big chain like that, and they can usually build you one for real cheap. They take the dimensions for you and place it in there for you. Real easy.
danieldlg_13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
ForumKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 99
Its very easy to build. As long as you keep to the width and length you'll be fine (has to fit in the seat). Im not sure if the 12" will fight since you need a shallow sub. I baught the 10" pioneer shallow for $100 on amazon and it's amazing.

Here is SirGCal's link on how to build the box. I think it cost me $25 to build it.
2k TJ Project

Heres another link as well
http://www.sirgcal.com/jeep/pics.html?section=03seat

If you want anymore info feel free to PM me.
ForumKing is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Pmedg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 868
Awesome, thanks for sharing the info. i will have to look into that as it gets warmer. maybe sell my 2 subs and box to raise funds for a shallo 10 and amp
Pmedg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
svtkev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumKing View Post
Here is SirGCal's link on how to build the box. I think it cost me $25 to build it.
2k TJ Project

Heres another link as well
Jeep Projects

If you want anymore info feel free to PM me.
thats some nice work there, thats what ill probably do this summer thanks for posting that link
svtkev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #22
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
I have seen many jeeps with the wake board boat speakers and subs mounted to the roll bar. It looks very clean and you still have your trunk space?

4bangersampler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
jeep enclosure subwoofer

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Factory Sub Enclosure? RMETJ Communications and Electronics 2 12-28-2010 07:42 AM
MD: 2 Alumapro subs + sealed enclosure guygettnby Classifieds Archive 5 07-11-2010 04:44 PM
Found this hangin out inside my transfer case... ebp123 TJ General Discussion Forum 9 06-12-2010 06:54 PM
They found my noise! rtread TJ General Discussion Forum 1 06-04-2010 11:31 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC