OK here's what's going on. I ahve a 2002 TJ 4.0
I have four 100watt Lights on my light bar connected to a 30 amp relay, a 30 amp fuse and a heavy duty rocker switch.
I have two 55 wat rock lights connected to the factory fog light wires.
I have four 55watt rock lights connected to a 30 amp relay, a 15 amp fuse and a heavy duty rocker switch
Plus my two 55watt factory headlights.
Total wattage is 840 when I turn all the lights on.
I'm currently running a factory alternator with a Yellowtop battery.
I tested all the lights yesterday while the engine was on idle. Just a few minutes after, the battery voltage meter wen to approx 10 volts. I left it like that for about 10 minutes and it was still around 10 volts. When I rev'd the engine, the battery voltage meter went back up to 14 volts.
I drove the Jeep around the parking lot with all the lights on for 10 minutes and the battery voltage meter stayed at 14 volts (which is normal).
I don't want to have something burn up in the middle of the trail in the middle of the night so my question is, will my alternator coupled with the Yellow tyop battery carry this much wattage or will something fail? Should I upgrade my alternator or install a second yellow top battery? what do you guys think?