I Think I'm Ready to do the LIFT!!! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Watertown, Connecticut
Posts: 179
Send a message via AIM to vin211 Send a message via Yahoo to vin211
I Think I'm Ready to do the LIFT!!!

Hey Everyone,

I have finally decided that I want to do a lift on my TJ. So my current setup includes:

No current lift

1.5 inch wheel spacers

31 X 10.5 on the stock rims.

I want to do a lift that will allow me to keep what I have now but eventually be able to upgrade the wheels and tires to a 33 inch tire in the future.

So my question is, what size lift should I go with? If any of you can suggest a specific lift, I will take your advice and most likely order it. Best advice wins and I will definately put it up on the website.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone,

Sgt Vin

__________________
'04 Wrangler Sport
Dark Blue

"Drive like a Cadiliac, Sting like a JEEP!"

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

No One Dies On Our Watch ~ USAF Medical Squadron
"so others may live"
vin211 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,496
You can fit 33s with a 2.5 lift without having to do SYE and that stuff. If I was to redo it I would go with the OME lift instead of the 3.5 Rock Krawler I have.

knnphillips is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Jp90Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,130
OME suspension kit, 1.25" BL, 1" MML and you should be fine with 33's as long as you have the correct back spacing. Plus no worries for SYEs, TC drop kit, linkage adjusting, or fan shroud trimming.



Listed kit with 32's

33's
__________________
Jp90Talon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Ageless Stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26,791
Here's what I have. Click this LINKY and scroll down to the "ultimate" kit. I'm very, very happy with it. Here's what it looks like on my rig with 33x12.50.

Ageless Stranger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
MikeMTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: If only I knew....
Posts: 2,113
Send a message via AIM to MikeMTJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp90Talon View Post
OME suspension kit, 1.25" BL, 1" MML and you should be fine with 33's as long as you have the correct back spacing. Plus no worries for SYEs, TC drop kit, linkage adjusting, or fan shroud trimming.
Really off topic, but the bug in your signature drives me nuts every time
MikeMTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,496
I wish I would of seen that link before I did mine I would of gone with it instead but I like what I have so everything is ok.
knnphillips is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Watertown, Connecticut
Posts: 179
Send a message via AIM to vin211 Send a message via Yahoo to vin211
I think this all sounds pretty great! I do not do too much off-roading here. I am just looking to do something that will raise what I currently have up a little higher but also give me the oppertunity to eventually put 33's on there.

So with a slight lift, will I still be okay to run my 31's? I don't want to screw anything up here. Hear where I am coming from?
__________________
'04 Wrangler Sport
Dark Blue

"Drive like a Cadiliac, Sting like a JEEP!"

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

No One Dies On Our Watch ~ USAF Medical Squadron
"so others may live"
vin211 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Ageless Stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by knnphillips View Post
I wish I would of seen that link before I did mine I would of gone with it instead but I like what I have so everything is ok.
I'm really happy with it.
Ageless Stranger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,496
I would do like the above said that will not only make it possible for you to run 31s and 33s but you will also save bunch of money not needing an SYE. Thanks for rubbing it in AS. ::kidding::
knnphillips is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #10
President, ThumbJeeps

WF Supporting Member
 
sevenservices's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mid-Michigan/Thumb
Posts: 3,937
Im going w/rough country 4" (stock now...) should be here within a couple days. Then, its Summit rims w/Goodyear Duratrac 33x12.5x15

No matter which you choose, make sure you put in some flexible brake lines
__________________
-Chris
President, ThumbJeeps
CB Callsign "AirForce One"


1994 Wrangler YJ I6 4.0 H/O Auto 3 spd. 4" RC (33x12.5) (15x8) 3:54 Gears
sevenservices is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,496
Did you get an SYE with the 4 inch or you dropping the transfer case?
knnphillips is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Ageless Stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenservices View Post
Im going w/rough country 4" (stock now...) should be here within a couple days. Then, its Summit rims w/Goodyear Duratrac 33x12.5x15

No matter which you choose, make sure you put in some flexible brake lines
I thought about going that route, but I went the way I did because I wanted to do a belly up skid and a gas tank skid later. (Soon, I hope.)
Ageless Stranger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,496
I got to wait till after my v8 swap to see if I can get a belly up skid
knnphillips is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
tinkerjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 54
Images: 4
I don't know anything about lifts only what i have read on here, i really like the 33x12.5s. would I have to get new rims or can i keep stock? If I get 33x10.5 could I keep stock rims?
__________________
ReAl GIrLS DrIvE StICks
tinkerjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Ageless Stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerjeep View Post
I don't know anything about lifts only what i have read on here, i really like the 33x12.5s. would I have to get new rims or can i keep stock? If I get 33x10.5 could I keep stock rims?
With 33x12.50 you have to buy new wheels. Some people have successfully ran 33x10.50s on stock wheels.
Ageless Stranger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
tinkerjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 54
Images: 4
Ok thank you very much. Im getting the RC 3.25" is that any good? I never go off road but if I want to I want it to be ok?
__________________
ReAl GIrLS DrIvE StICks
tinkerjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Ageless Stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26,791
I'm not familiar with that lift, sorry. I'm sure you will be happy with any quality lift, and any quality lift will handle well both on and off road.
Ageless Stranger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Watertown, Connecticut
Posts: 179
Send a message via AIM to vin211 Send a message via Yahoo to vin211
Yeah I would go with the 33 X 12.5's so I would I have to get new rims....which is no problem.

Ageless Stranger, I think I like your setup and I think I would go with what you have there. Do you think I could still run my 31 X 10.5s with the 1.5 inch wheel spacer on that setup?

The reason why I am doing the lift first and then the tires / wheels is because of the amount of money it takes do undertake all of this.
__________________
'04 Wrangler Sport
Dark Blue

"Drive like a Cadiliac, Sting like a JEEP!"

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

No One Dies On Our Watch ~ USAF Medical Squadron
"so others may live"
vin211 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
Ageless Stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin211 View Post
Yeah I would go with the 33 X 12.5's so I would I have to get new rims....which is no problem.

Ageless Stranger, I think I like your setup and I think I would go with what you have there. Do you think I could still run my 31 X 10.5s with the 1.5 inch wheel spacer on that setup?

The reason why I am doing the lift first and then the tires / wheels is because of the amount of money it takes do undertake all of this.
Yes you can run 31s until you can buy your 33s. If I was going to do that I would install only the suspension lift and shelve the body lift and motor mount lift until you can buy the 33s. You'll get all the flex you're going to gain up front, and the body lift will give you the extra clearance you need to go to 33s when you can.

I have a question for you. Why are you running wheel spacers with 31x10.50s?

Regarding your last sentence: Tell me about it.
Ageless Stranger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Ageless Stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerjeep View Post
Ok thank you very much. Im getting the RC 3.25" is that any good? I never go off road but if I want to I want it to be ok?
Here you go tinker. Just posted.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f14/new...ift-74753.html
Ageless Stranger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
tinkerjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 54
Images: 4
you the bomb thank you so much
__________________
ReAl GIrLS DrIvE StICks
tinkerjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Watertown, Connecticut
Posts: 179
Send a message via AIM to vin211 Send a message via Yahoo to vin211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
Yes you can run 31s until you can buy your 33s. If I was going to do that I would install only the suspension lift and shelve the body lift and motor mount lift until you can buy the 33s. You'll get all the flex you're going to gain up front, and the body lift will give you the extra clearance you need to go to 33s when you can.

I have a question for you. Why are you running wheel spacers with 31x10.50s?

Regarding your last sentence: Tell me about it.
I was getting some tire rubbing So I decided to widen the stance out a little bit more. It actually looks pretty good. I'd hate to shelf all that stuff but maybe it is a good idea.

I didn't realize how expensive all this can actually be I should have gotten it done when I first bought the Jeep haha. Oh well.
__________________
'04 Wrangler Sport
Dark Blue

"Drive like a Cadiliac, Sting like a JEEP!"

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

No One Dies On Our Watch ~ USAF Medical Squadron
"so others may live"
vin211 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Ageless Stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerjeep View Post
you the bomb thank you so much
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin211 View Post
I was getting some tire rubbing So I decided to widen the stance out a little bit more. It actually looks pretty good. I'd hate to shelf all that stuff but maybe it is a good idea.

I didn't realize how expensive all this can actually be I should have gotten it done when I first bought the Jeep haha. Oh well.
It never ends.

Ageless Stranger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JK Lift Reviews tiny terror JK General Discussion Forum 142 03-18-2014 11:21 AM
porblem with me lift. have a question... just one ihijtswifl YJ Tech Forum 4 12-19-2009 10:15 PM
Lift Comparisons DocG2828 TJ General Discussion Forum 13 04-26-2009 08:50 PM
2'' procomp lift/ 1'' bb/ endlinks (IN) MoA Classifieds Archive 0 10-17-2007 08:51 PM
Ready for a lift and some new tires/wheels HELP. redsoxjeep1 TJ General Discussion Forum 1 10-09-2006 01:54 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC