jeep hammocks - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
jammock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurtyslyn View Post
Excellent. I'll put in a preorder as soon as my next paycheck shows up. Black will look much better on my Jeep.
Thanks a lot! We're ready!

James

jammock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Salt Lake, UT
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammock View Post
Thanks a lot! We're ready!

James
Ordered it a bit earlier than I thought. Decided I was good now.

Qurtyslyn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-31-2013, 11:23 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
jammock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurtyslyn View Post
Ordered it a bit earlier than I thought. Decided I was good now.
Well, I appreciate you jumping the gun.
jammock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
Tjkindaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 135
Jammock. Looks like you have great reviews. And an amazing product. I'm gonna try my hardest to get the funds and preorder the black one. I want one so bad now!!!
Tjkindaguy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
Lowrollin12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 340
Ill get one once the Black is available!
__________________
MY 3rd TJ and favorite '03 Rubi with 3.5 Rock Krawler Short Arm Kit and RRD 2.0 Shocks, 32' Goodyear MTR's on Dick Cepek Wheels. Viar 450, CB and custom tool/Sub box.

Other rides: 95 Sonoma fully shaved, helium bags/rods for hoppin around, streetbeat rag top, SSBC bigbrake kit.... MORE $$$$ 04 Kawi Ninja zx-6 636 Blazin Orange!
Lowrollin12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
jammock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjkindaguy View Post
Jammock. Looks like you have great reviews. And an amazing product. I'm gonna try my hardest to get the funds and preorder the black one. I want one so bad now!!!
Awesome! I've already sent in the order, so don't pay any attention to the required 20 pre-orders on the website, I'll change that tonight, they're coming in a few weeks!
jammock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
jammock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrollin12 View Post
Ill get one once the Black is available!
Black made the difference. We've sold almost as many Jammocks in the past three days as we have in the past few months, almost all of them black. Thanks!
jammock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
Tjkindaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammock View Post

Awesome! I've already sent in the order, so don't pay any attention to the required 20 pre-orders on the website, I'll change that tonight, they're coming in a few weeks!
Sweet! I get paid this friday. Oughta have enough to order one! Thanks! I'm gonna tell all my jeep buddies about you!!
Tjkindaguy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Salt Lake, UT
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammock View Post
Black made the difference. We've sold almost as many Jammocks in the past three days as we have in the past few months, almost all of them black. Thanks!
That's cause Tan would look silly on my Black and Red Jeep!
Qurtyslyn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
The Silver Gorilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 641
is the tan a match to the stock spice color?
The Silver Gorilla is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #41
Jeeper
 
bradgold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 31
Jammock is simply awesome.

I've got the Jammock and I LOVE it. Extremely comfortable (2 people and a dog), versatile, and super easy install/takedown. One of the best gifts I have ever received hands down. I have also hooked up my ENO to the cage. Jammock is awesome because it can be used as a shader and so many other things. Awesome to chill in for a great day. Since music festival season is coming up, I'm going to definitely be using this at the camping sites. Attached pics are of my girlfriend and her dog Doja. They both love it as much as me!
I'm in the Jacksonville Beach area in North FL if anybody would like a demo! I'd be more than happy to let you check it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6751.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	230477   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6565.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	230478  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6745.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	230479   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6754.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	230480  

bradgold is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #42
Jeeper
 
PStov98TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Beach, Mississippi
Posts: 2,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgold View Post
I've got the Jammock and I LOVE it. Extremely comfortable (2 people and a dog), versatile, and super easy install/takedown. One of the best gifts I have ever received hands down. I have also hooked up my ENO to the cage. Jammock is awesome because it can be used as a shader and so many other things. Awesome to chill in for a great day. Since music festival season is coming up, I'm going to definitely be using this at the camping sites. Attached pics are of my girlfriend and her dog Doja. They both love it as much as me!
I'm in the Jacksonville Beach area in North FL if anybody would like a demo! I'd be more than happy to let you check it out.
Is it easy to get in and out of it? And how much shade does it give? I'm seriously considering one of these.
__________________
OME 2.5" coils and Nitro Shocks, Metalcloak front track bar, JKS Quick discos, 33x12.50 Goodyear MTR's w/Kevlar, 15x8 Pacer wheels, thedirtworx rear tire carrier
PStov98TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #43
Jeeper
 
bradgold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 31
It gives just as much shade as any other temp/summer top you'd buy which is great. Its so easy to get in and out. Personally, I step on the sides above the rear wheels and hop a sit on the cage and just slide right in. Sometimes I get in from walking on the hood, or even stepping on the door sides when my windows are off where the windows should be. Theres a million ways to get in it or out of it. My girlfriends favorite is when I recline both of the seats back and you can sort of junglegym slide into the seat sliding from the headrest down from behind the soundbar. Dude the thing is awesome you cannnot go wrong with it.

Note: My avatar pic was taken from inside a Jammock.
bradgold is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #44
Jeeper
 
PStov98TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Beach, Mississippi
Posts: 2,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgold View Post
It gives just as much shade as any other temp/summer top you'd buy which is great. Its so easy to get in and out. Personally, I step on the sides above the rear wheels and hop a sit on the cage and just slide right in. Sometimes I get in from walking on the hood, or even stepping on the door sides when my windows are off where the windows should be. Theres a million ways to get in it or out of it. My girlfriends favorite is when I recline both of the seats back and you can sort of junglegym slide into the seat sliding from the headrest down from behind the soundbar. Dude the thing is awesome you cannnot go wrong with it.

Note: My avatar pic was taken from inside a Jammock.
Nice. That pic is pretty sweet. Ha thanks for the info. Might get my girlfriend to get this for me this summer
__________________
OME 2.5" coils and Nitro Shocks, Metalcloak front track bar, JKS Quick discos, 33x12.50 Goodyear MTR's w/Kevlar, 15x8 Pacer wheels, thedirtworx rear tire carrier
PStov98TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #45
Jeeper
 
jammock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Gorilla View Post
is the tan a match to the stock spice color?
I have it on my Sahara and if it's not a match (sorry, for me "Chardonnay" is "red" and "spice" is "tan") my challenged color palate can't tell the difference.
jammock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #46
Jeeper
 
jammock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgold View Post
I've got the Jammock and I LOVE it. Extremely comfortable (2 people and a dog), versatile, and super easy install/takedown. One of the best gifts I have ever received hands down. I have also hooked up my ENO to the cage. Jammock is awesome because it can be used as a shader and so many other things. Awesome to chill in for a great day. Since music festival season is coming up, I'm going to definitely be using this at the camping sites. Attached pics are of my girlfriend and her dog Doja. They both love it as much as me!
I'm in the Jacksonville Beach area in North FL if anybody would like a demo! I'd be more than happy to let you check it out.
What a great review, thanks very much. Are you going to Jeep Beach Week in Daytona? I'm considering going as a sponsor and setting up a booth.
jammock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #47
Jeeper
 
PStov98TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Beach, Mississippi
Posts: 2,025
Hey James, have y'all sold out of the black jammocks yet? Or are y'all still taking pre orders? I'm still thinking, don't have the money right now. But will y'all be selling the black one through the summer as well?
__________________
OME 2.5" coils and Nitro Shocks, Metalcloak front track bar, JKS Quick discos, 33x12.50 Goodyear MTR's w/Kevlar, 15x8 Pacer wheels, thedirtworx rear tire carrier
PStov98TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
jammock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by PStov98TJ View Post
Hey James, have y'all sold out of the black jammocks yet? Or are y'all still taking pre orders? I'm still thinking, don't have the money right now. But will y'all be selling the black one through the summer as well?
I have sold almost half of my stock since Friday. At this rate, I expect to sell out soon. New orders after this production run will have to wait 4-6 weeks, as that is how long production takes.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I'm predicting based on trends.

James
jammock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
PStov98TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Beach, Mississippi
Posts: 2,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammock View Post

I have sold almost half of my stock since Friday. At this rate, I expect to sell out soon. New orders after this production run will have to wait 4-6 weeks, as that is how long production takes.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I'm predicting based on trends.

James
It's totally fine. I'm glad you're doing so well! Ha and I won't be home from college for another 6 weeks anyway so that perfect timing for me! Keep up the good work man.
__________________
OME 2.5" coils and Nitro Shocks, Metalcloak front track bar, JKS Quick discos, 33x12.50 Goodyear MTR's w/Kevlar, 15x8 Pacer wheels, thedirtworx rear tire carrier
PStov98TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Salt Lake, UT
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgold View Post
I've got the Jammock and I LOVE it. Extremely comfortable (2 people and a dog), versatile, and super easy install/takedown. One of the best gifts I have ever received hands down. I have also hooked up my ENO to the cage. Jammock is awesome because it can be used as a shader and so many other things. Awesome to chill in for a great day. Since music festival season is coming up, I'm going to definitely be using this at the camping sites. Attached pics are of my girlfriend and her dog Doja. They both love it as much as me!
I'm in the Jacksonville Beach area in North FL if anybody would like a demo! I'd be more than happy to let you check it out.
I was wondering how you'd get a dog up there when you said that, then I saw the pictures and remembered there is such a thing as a small dog.

Our Bouvier would never get up there.
Qurtyslyn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
bradgold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 31
Haha hes a chihuahua/duck tolling retriever...such a goofball. You can probably fit any dog up there. The jammock is dog nail proof by the way. Its also key/pen puncture proof from multiple experiences I flipped at first but it wasn't even affected.
bradgold is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
Bigchris66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammock View Post
Thanks for the plug, nelsonan1. I'm James, the inventor and owner of the Jammock. We've had a bunch of conversation on the subject, here are some links that may answer your questions. If you have anything other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

As of right now, it does not come in black, and will not until I sell enough of the tan Jammocks to afford the cost of the next production run.

James

Hammock - JeepForum.com
soft top as hammock? - JeepForum.com
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/cam...ps-227602.html
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/anyb...rs-219674.html
Jammock
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/good...od-227682.html
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/best...es-223557.html
How much weight will they hold
Bigchris66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Salt Lake, UT
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgold View Post
Haha hes a chihuahua/duck tolling retriever...such a goofball. You can probably fit any dog up there. The jammock is dog nail proof by the way. Its also key/pen puncture proof from multiple experiences I flipped at first but it wasn't even affected.
Oh, I'm sure I could fit the Bouvier up there with me, however, I am not getting a 75 pound dog up there (or down from there).
Qurtyslyn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
S7DZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
Q
S7DZ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
S7DZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
What I ment to say is my Mother got me a hammock for xmas and i thought to my self "what am i going to do with this?" Now Im laying in the back of my Jeep blasting counrty and drinking looking at the night sky!
S7DZ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #56
Jeeper
 
jammock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigchris66 View Post
How much weight will they hold
Maximum weight recommended by Jammock, LLC, is 350 lbs. From the website:
Breaking Strengths
Fabric: 482.5 lbs (per 1" strip, ASTM D4632 grip test standards)
Webbing: 2,000 lbs.
Buckles: 880 lbs.
Overall Working Load Limit of the Jammock (also known as the do not exceed weight): 350 lbs.

Can it hold more? Of course, I have built in a LARGE safety margin between actual breaking point and the load limit, as you would do in anything you use regularly and don't want to break under load.

The fabric is 24" wide and there are 2 buckles and 2 webbings. Thus, our 350 pound weight limit assumes a safety ratio to breaking strength of 1:5.



James
jammock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #57
Jeeper
 
jammock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7DZ View Post
What I ment to say is my Mother got me a hammock for xmas and i thought to my self "what am i going to do with this?" Now Im laying in the back of my Jeep blasting counrty and drinking looking at the night sky!
Whether the hammock was a Jammock, Seth's Trek Light Gear hammocks, and/or an Eagle's Nest Outfitter's hammock, the important thing is that you're comfortable and having a good time with your Jeep!

More hammock info:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/cam...ps-227602.html
jammock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #58
Jeeper
 
PStov98TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Beach, Mississippi
Posts: 2,025
I have a few questions:
1) I've read that the jammock can give overhead storage.. How does that work? Any pics of it used as a storage compartment?
2) Can you put an oem soft top up with the jammock still attached to the roll bars?
__________________
OME 2.5" coils and Nitro Shocks, Metalcloak front track bar, JKS Quick discos, 33x12.50 Goodyear MTR's w/Kevlar, 15x8 Pacer wheels, thedirtworx rear tire carrier
PStov98TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
jammock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by PStov98TJ View Post
I have a few questions:
1) I've read that the jammock can give overhead storage.. How does that work? Any pics of it used as a storage compartment?
2) Can you put an oem soft top up with the jammock still attached to the roll bars?
Question 1: Yes. Its overhead storage capabilty is limited, however, to flat items that don't weigh so much that they interfere with the driver. Securing these items is a must. Large area flat items, such as plywood, or anything with a small surface area that weighs under 10 pounds would probably be fine.

Question 2: Yes. The Jammock was designed for this, which is why it purposely does not cover the entire cab. The 4 inches of space at the front (between where the Jammock stops and the windshield begins) are there to enable you to operate the cams to secure/un-secure the OEM top. With an OEM top installed, you have a more secure load to execute the overhead storage. The straps are flat and do not interfere with the OEM top.

James
jammock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
Bigchris66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammock View Post

Maximum weight recommended by Jammock, LLC, is 350 lbs. From the website:
Breaking Strengths
Fabric: 482.5 lbs (per 1" strip, ASTM D4632 grip test standards)
Webbing: 2,000 lbs.
Buckles: 880 lbs.
Overall Working Load Limit of the Jammock (also known as the do not exceed weight): 350 lbs.

Can it hold more? Of course, I have built in a LARGE safety margin between actual breaking point and the load limit, as you would do in anything you use regularly and don't want to break under load.

The fabric is 24" wide and there are 2 buckles and 2 webbings. Thus, our 350 pound weight limit assumes a safety ratio to breaking strength of 1:5.

James
Thank you

Bigchris66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC