I own a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys. I know that they were produced in 2004 and 2005, does anyone know how many were produced each year? Are there any identifying caricters in the VIN that will identify it as a Willys edition?
An American construction worker who is helping build the other apartment complexes where I live has one. I think he said it was an 04.
It's Army green color, with blacked out wheels, and says "Williey's" on the side of the fender in white lettering. It also has a white star on the hood and he has Army camo seats. The jeep is literally "kick ass" looking. I told him I'd trade his for mine.....unfortunately, he said....hell no!!!
Google search one and take a look at one. They are awesome looking.
At some point during jeep ownership, you will BUST A NUT!!!
Willys Edition - 2004-2005
* 4.0L I-6 engine....not a special option or motor.
* Exclusive Moss Green exterior color....proven that is NOT "exclusive" to just the willy's
* Water resistant Camo and black seats
* Unique "WILLYS" decal at cowl side...only if the original buyer paid extra for the stickers.
* Diamond plate rocker guards painted Dark Green....same as the factory rubicon rockers just painted greenish
* Body-color fender flares ....same with the sahara or most other "special" packages.
* AM/FM stereo radio with CD player and seven speakers (includes subwoofer in center console) - no extra charge....option for any TJ
* Tow hooks ...Option for any TJ
* Fog lamps.....Option for any TJ
* Full-size spare tire with matching wheel Standard on ALL TJ's.
* Green colored soft top fabric.
Willy's or any "special addition" wrangler is mainly trim options.
Also the D35 rear axle was standard with the option of D44 axle if the dealer or original buyer ordered it with one. Most all have the D35 rear. Standard with Basic steel wheels painted green.
I have a Jeep Willys that the previous owner removed the decals. Mine has several mods such as a lift kit, wheels, warn bumpers and tire carrier. The coolest part to me is the camo interior and the fact they only made 2000 of them each year. 2005 Jeep TJ Willys - First Look & Road Test Review - Truck Trend
You can read more about it at this link.