I installed my KCs and window brackets a week-and-a-half ago. Hardest part was getting the torx bolts off the factory hinges. Took me hours to do this, spread over several weeks. Broke several quality torx sockets. Used an impact driver. Finally had to get one bolt taken off with an impact chisel. Replaced the torx bolts with stainless hex bolts. I used heat shrink tubing, about 10" each side, to cover/protect the wires from the lights' wire tubes and ran them behind the window hinges, along the seam between cowl and body, then under the cowl. Of course had to remove cowl to route wires. I drilled two 7/16" holes. I decided to make two small holes rather one large hole. The holes were drilled about 4 inches above the two large grounding bolts for battery, etc on each side of compartment. I installed rubber grommets in the two holes. Just enough room for two wires in each grommet. I grounded the lights ground wires to the large battery/chassis ground bolts. Hot wires run to the relay mounted by the battery. Then I ran three 14/16 gauge wires from my switch, through the firewall (there are a couple rubber grommets you can go through), and to the relay/batt+/batt-. Covered all exposed wires with. 1/4" wire looms, 'cuz I don't like exposed wires in the engine compartment. I also put a 5 amp fuse on the batt+ wire to the switch. And I have a 25 amp fuse on the batt+ wire to relay.
All in all it looks real neat and disappears with the black shrink and black jeep.