Looking for idea to cover holes cut in center console - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
witkopstaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 31
Looking for idea to cover holes cut in center console

I want to cover up holes cut for switches into the center console. There are four of them right underneath the shifter location. The original switches were nothing fancy just basic rockers and I tossed them. I made a custom switch panel and installed new rockers in the dash. Unfortunately I now I have four rectangle cut outs. Any ideas on what I might be able to do with this space to cover the holes?

__________________
RDUB
witkopstaub is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
4xWheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 121
Pic?

4xWheeler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Water Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 5,051
Images: 11
Sure, make a custom blank panel.
__________________
Dennis
Water Dog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
99er's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 267
Images: 3
Reuse the space for other things. Depending on room here are some ideas: another 12v outlet, 3 amp USB phone charging outlet, heated seat switch, an aux input for the stereo.

In fact, to put a couple of these ideas together, here is a seat warmer that works with the USB outlet and is advertised to "keep your cottontail toasty".
Bunny Love USB Heated Seatwarmer
__________________
99 Sahara - 5 speed
12,500 lb Winch, synthetic winch line, Spyder Front Bumper, Aircraft Lights
Rancho 2.5" Suspension Lift, 1" body lift.
285/75/16 Guard Dogs, Level 8 Alloy Wheels
4.56 Gears, Dana 44 Rear, Spartan Locker in Front, Powertrax No-Slip locker in the rear
99er is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
witkopstaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by witkopstaub View Post
I want to cover up holes cut for switches into the center console. There are four of them right underneath the shifter location. The original switches were nothing fancy just basic rockers and I tossed them. I made a custom switch panel and installed new rockers in the dash. Unfortunately I now I have four rectangle cut outs. Any ideas on what I might be able to do with this space to cover the holes?
. Here is a pic of where they were.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1971257207.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	578586  
__________________
RDUB
witkopstaub is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
witkopstaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99er View Post
Reuse the space for other things. Depending on room here are some ideas: another 12v outlet, 3 amp USB phone charging outlet, heated seat switch, an aux input for the stereo. In fact, to put a couple of these ideas together, here is a seat warmer that works with the USB outlet and is advertised to "keep your cottontail toasty". Bunny Love USB Heated Seatwarmer
at thus point I just want the area to be blank. It's an area that is too easy to accidentally hit them on. My toddler also tends to hit them so I need to clear out the area
__________________
RDUB
witkopstaub is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Quinc.JKU13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 28
Put up a fat head Or just keep the switches no one will ever question it jeeps are supposed to have them
Quinc.JKU13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Tony T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 345
Standard Blank Boat Rocker Switch Hole Plug | Great Lakes Skipper
Check the measurements:
Cutout: 1½" L x ¾" W
Dimensions: 2" L x 1" W
Tony T is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
witkopstaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
Standard Blank Boat Rocker Switch Hole Plug | Great Lakes Skipper Check the measurements: Cutout: 1½" L x ¾" W Dimensions: 2" L x 1" W
BINGO - thanks!

__________________
RDUB
witkopstaub is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC