TeraFlex has released a suspension kit for the JK called the Pre-Runner. TeraFlex says "Race ready, right out of the box." If you don't know what this kit is, it's basically a 3" Long Arm suspension kit with TeraFlex SpeedBumps. SpeedBumps are beefier suspension bumpstops, that add an additional 3" of travel to your bumpstops. TeraFlex recommends that you use the TeraFlex Tuned Fox Racing Shocks. If you have never heard of this kit check it out here:
I personally think it could possibly be the best kit for a JK. This kit is only for JKs, but I've basically found components that are most similar to the kit that are for the TJ.
The Pre-Runner is a Long Arm kit, but I like Short Arm kits better because you don't get hung up on rocks as much when wheeling. But for those of you Long Arm fans, I also have a suspension kit for you.
- Short Arm Kit: Teraflex 1456450 - TeraFlex 4" Premium Suspension System without Shocks for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec
- Long Arm Kit: Teraflex 1449474 - TeraFlex 4" PRO-LCG Suspension for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ - Quadratec
TeraFlex has tuned Fox Racing Shocks for the JK Pre-Runner kit, and they recommend that you use them for the Pre-Runner Kit. Although the Fox Shocks I found aren't TeraFlex Tuned, they're basically the same thing.
- Front Shocks Here: Fox Racing Shox 980-24-643 - Fox Racing Front 2.0" Factory Performance Series Shocks for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited with 4-6" Lift - Quadratec
- Rear Shocks Here: Fox Racing Shox 980-24-645 - Fox Racing Rear 2.0" Factory Performance Series Shocks for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited with 4-6" Lift - Quadratec
The Pre-Runner JK kit has SpeedBumps, which like I said earlier are just beefier bumpstops. The only way you can get them for a TJ is directly through TeraFlex.
- Front SpeedBumps Here: TJ Front SpeedBump Kit | TeraFlex Suspensions
- Rear SpeedBumps Here: Rear TJ SpeedBump Kit | TeraFlex Suspensions
On the JK, you can run 35" tires with the Pre-Runner Kit. This is different from the TJ because the JK is a redesigned wrangler, and it's very different than the TJ. With the suspension kits that I put in here, you can fit 33" tires, but you could fit 35"s with a 1" body lift. But with 35"s you would have to beef up alot of stuff, such as axles, steering, brakes, etc. If you want, you could get a 6" lift to fit 35"s with no body lift, but again you would have to beef up more stuff and it would cost alot more.
For those of you who don't think that TeraFlex is a good suspension company or you haven't heard of it and don't trust it, then listen to me. I have a 1999 Jeep TJ with a TeraFlex 4" Short Arm kit and a 1" body lift, I can flex better than most Jeeps I've seen with a 4" lift. This is the first kit that I have had on my jeep, and its been on the jeep since 2001. I love this kit, I am so impressed with what TeraFlex has done with TJ kits that I will always use them with whatever jeep I ever will own.
Tell me what you think about this kit that I have presented to you. Thanks!