I had noticed a lot of rust "scales" inside the box frame of the Jeep recently. I bought some stuff from Eastwood to coat the inside of the frame. I figured it'd be a good idea to back off the bolts for the trans skid plate so they didn't get caked with this stuff. In the process 4 of the bolts busted loose.
So what I figured to be a quick job (coating the inside of the frame) turned into something a little bigger...
I grind down the old nutserts (I do love using that grinder). Drilled out what remained. Picked up 6 new nutserts from a dealer. Used the bolt, washer, oversized nut, lock washer trick as well as some "JB weld" (loctite's version) to install the nutserts.
I also went ahead and painted the frame and skid with rustoleum black hammered.