Originally Posted by Pat McGuire
I just purchased a '97 Wrangler Sport with the 4.0 with 123...mi. and a couple of issues. The wife and I purchased this jeep with the intent of trail riding, no plans on rock crawling.
1) It has the starting issue (3 tries before it starts) does not appear to be holding any fuel pressure at the fuel rail after its been turned off.
2) Death wobble- been reading that the steering stabilizer is a good place to start.
3) I've noticed that various rubber suspension bushings are cracked and I would like to replace them all with polyurethane. I'd like to know best source and brand.
That's all for now. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
1. It sounds like the regulator isn't holding pressure in the fuel rail.
2. You should need nothing more than a factory stabilizer..AFTER you have corrected the DW issue with figuring out what is causing it. Replacing the worn bushings would be an excellent start and when you'e done, make sure everything is torqued to factory specs.
3. You may want to reconsider the poly bushings. While very durable, most folks are driven insane by the endless squeaking. I'd look for OEM style rubber replacements from Crown or Omix-ADA.