My jeep what to fix first?
First, I have limited mechanical skills. I can change oil and spark plugs but that's the limit of my knowledge.
My jeep is a 2006 jeep wrangler x with a Dana 35 rear and a low pinion dana 30 front axle. The gearing is 3.73. Current tires a 33X12.50X15 BF Goodrich KO AT. It has a 6 speed manual transmission. It has a Rough Country 4” lift kit with a transfer case drop. It has a Smittybuilt XR8 winch with steel cable
Future plans as money allows is
- Savvy 1.25 inch body lift with 1 inch motor mount
- Super 35 kit with ARB or G2 Dana 44, or Ford 8.8 with 4.56 gears in both front and rear
- 35X12.50X14 KM2 or Goodyear MTR tires
- Advance adapters or JB Slip yoke eliminator with Tom Woods drive shaft and Savvy/Currie adjustable rear control arms
- Savvy modular Under armor transfer case skid
- Rocker guards
- Replace all other control arms with Savvy/Currie adjustable control arms
- Hi-line tube fenders if legal in states listed below Metal Cloak or Savvy
- Currie anti rock
The setup will be for mild to medium trail rides in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. I would like it to be as low center of gravity as possible. Money is extremely tight and would like to do right the first time.
I am willing to learn to work on my jeep and will be purchasing tool kit, recover strap, CB radio system floor stands and floor jack. I am planning on joining a local jeep club (Muddy Buddys).