Paint Job costs? - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
tsteb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,082
Paint Job costs?

Wanting to paint my jeep black. Anyone know how much this would cost approximately? It it now a lighter blue and looks like a girl jeep

tsteb is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Futuresweets10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 42
Jeeps are "different" when it comes to paint jobs. They take a lot less material than most vehicles, but with all the painted metal showing on the inside you almost have to do a complete disassemble to paint it correct. I would recommend keeping the stock color and adding another so that you have a two tone, so that you'll avoid this issue. If someone brought a jeep to my shop and wanted a complete color change done right it would be between 3500-4500, and my prices are CHEAP

Futuresweets10 is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
tsteb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuresweets10 View Post
Jeeps are "different" when it comes to paint jobs. They take a lot less material than most vehicles, but with all the painted metal showing on the inside you almost have to do a complete disassemble to paint it correct. I would recommend keeping the stock color and adding another so that you have a two tone, so that you'll avoid this issue. If someone brought a jeep to my shop and wanted a complete color change done right it would be between 3500-4500, and my prices are CHEAP
I would just need the outside done. i want it in black, it's a tealish color now. The inside in bedlined already. how much do you think this would be
tsteb is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Futuresweets10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsteb

I would just need the outside done. i want it in black, it's a tealish color now. The inside in bedlined already. how much do you think this would be
You still have a lot of things on the inside.... Back of windshield frame, door jambs, under hood, wheel wells, etc. but if want JUST the outside I'd say about 2k. You can probably find someone around 1200, but at that price level you will find a lot of hacks and people who will cut corners. Scuffing things like the door hinge screws and around the hinges is a corner that is VERY easy to cut.... Also, when I do an all over paint job I pull everything. Fender flares, door handles, hinges, weather stripping, head lights/ tail lights, etc. if you want a factory quality paint job all of this is necessary.

I am lucky because my int is tan and my factory paint about matches it. I'm painting the insides of my wheel wells black and painting everything under the hood black while I've got the motor out. When I actually paint the entire thing I'm going to pull the doors, hood, all hinges, and paint it all separate.

Price just depends on how "right" you want it....
Futuresweets10 is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Aviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 25
I just paid $2400 to redo the black Rubicon. I delivered the Jeep striped of all parts such as bumpers, trim, skids, lights, top, interior, and etc... He added more clear then normal, sanded then rubbed out the paint to a perfect flat coat. No orange peel and enough clear to rub out and scratches added from the trail.
Aviator is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Futuresweets10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator
I just paid $2400 to redo the black Rubicon. I delivered the Jeep striped of all parts such as bumpers, trim, skids, lights, top, interior, and etc... He added more clear then normal, sanded then rubbed out the paint to a perfect flat coat. No orange peel and enough clear to rub out and scratches added from the trail.
Sounds about right for a high end job done right....
Futuresweets10 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
two tone question

how much would you say a two tone costs? my jeep is currently silver and i was looking to paint it yellow but since i saw the costs from the earlier posts, and that is way to much for me. I think it would still work if i had a color fading into the silver, any estimates?

thewaterpolokid is offline   Quote
Reply

Tags
98 tj , cost , paint

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC