Pinstripe on wheels?? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-13-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
cnt487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 173
Pinstripe on wheels??

So I'm really close to getting this tire/wheel combo from jcwhittney but I really dont like the stripes on the wheels. My question is, does anyone know if the stripes can be removed like off a car or are they painted on there?? Also, I can't figure out who makes these rims. I called jcwhittney and the girl told me Dick Cepek manufactures them, then she changed it and said ProComp manufactures them and then she said she's not sure. Thanks for the feedback.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...36712310615611

__________________
98'TJ__2.5__33x12.5 ProComp Xtreme MT__3"BL<<(yea yea, i know)__Stock Suspension for now
cnt487 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
mrbigjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,288
who cares about the stripe...

it can be removed with fingernail polish remover because of the acetone.

mrbigjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
cnt487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
who cares about the stripe...

it can be removed with fingernail polish remover because of the acetone.
well uhhh, my wife cares about the stripe. she doesn't really like the way it looks and if it means that i can get this combo as long as the stripe is gone, then i want the stripe GONE.... Plus i'm not crazy about it either. So i guess the fingernail polish remover wont hurt the black finish on the rim huh?? thanks for your quick response btw!!
__________________
98'TJ__2.5__33x12.5 ProComp Xtreme MT__3"BL<<(yea yea, i know)__Stock Suspension for now
cnt487 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2007, 10:34 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
mrbigjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnt487 View Post
well uhhh, my wife cares about the stripe. she doesn't really like the way it looks and if it means that i can get this combo as long as the stripe is gone, then i want the stripe GONE.... Plus i'm not crazy about it either. So i guess the fingernail polish remover wont hurt the black finish on the rim huh?? thanks for your quick response btw!!
lol

yeah it should work. i have read many threads about this and the fingernail polish remover worked every time. i'd just be careful and maybe put it on paper towel and then rub the stripe.

maybe i will try mine too...i'm sure your wife has some finger nail polish remover
mrbigjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
cnt487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
lol

yeah it should work. i have read many threads about this and the fingernail polish remover worked every time. i'd just be careful and maybe put it on paper towel and then rub the stripe.

maybe i will try mine too...i'm sure your wife has some finger nail polish remover

cool, that makes me feel better. Looks like the decision has been made then. woohoo thanks again for your feedback.
__________________
98'TJ__2.5__33x12.5 ProComp Xtreme MT__3"BL<<(yea yea, i know)__Stock Suspension for now
cnt487 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
mrbigjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,288
just tried it on my wheel. it definitely works but you do have to rub a bit. it will probably take me an hour or 2 to do all 4
mrbigjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
MCG
Jeeper
 
MCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnt487 View Post
Also, I can't figure out who makes these rims. I called jcwhittney and the girl told me Dick Cepek manufactures them, then she changed it and said ProComp manufactures them and then she said she's not sure. Thanks for the feedback.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...36712310615611
This is what it says under the descriptions in the link that you just attached:

"Black Steel Wheels
A true rock crawler look, pinstripe adds a distinctive accent! Made from top-quality materials, and has rugged construction and beautiful workmanship. Comes with a tough black powder coating. Bolt circle: 5 lug on 4.5". Center caps and lug nuts not included. Made by Allied Wheel Components in the USA."
MCG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
cnt487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCG View Post
This is what it says under the descriptions in the link that you just attached:

"Black Steel Wheels
A true rock crawler look, pinstripe adds a distinctive accent! Made from top-quality materials, and has rugged construction and beautiful workmanship. Comes with a tough black powder coating. Bolt circle: 5 lug on 4.5". Center caps and lug nuts not included. Made by Allied Wheel Components in the USA."
I had never heard of that company, so I figured they were just a middle man or something?!?! I guess the chick at jcwhitney threw me off when she said Dick Cepek made them and then said no ProComp makes them. Guess I should have just looked up Allied Wheel Components before I made myself look like a donkey....

Thank ya'll
__________________
98'TJ__2.5__33x12.5 ProComp Xtreme MT__3"BL<<(yea yea, i know)__Stock Suspension for now
cnt487 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2007, 09:49 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
BADBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 64
Well i can tell you one thing! Their customer service is not worth saving some cash and not by far. Check the availability on that order because i ordered a header from them a few months back specifically because their website said that they would ship in 48 hours. So being the patient person that i am i waited 5 days until i called them. The thing is they dont have all of the stuff in the catalog(website) in their warehouse, they simply take your order and fax it over to the merchant that your product comes from. DAY 5: Jc Whitney cust. service tells me that they placed my order 5 days ago and i should be getting it any day. Well i knew when i place the order i didnt need them to tell me that. i asked when it shipped and that's when i got the "uuhhh....." response. After faxing my order its pretty much up to the merchant to then ship the order out and maybe send over another fax or email confirming the tracking number, thats if they are nice enough to do that with out you calling and asking consistently. To make a VERY LONG STORY SHORT! An order that was supposed to ship within 48 hours, 144 hours later JCWhit still couldn't provide me with a tracking number. Within 6 days i had called to just cancel the order and called back a second time to ensure that the cancellation was placed and a second person confirmed it.
I then called quadratec who had the exact same thing but just a little more pricey. They have most of their stuff in their warehouse and THEY ship it directly to you. I had my Header from quadratec on day 11. I Drove my jeep around for the next 11 days and on day 22 when i got home i had a package waiting for me on my front door step!!! And Guess from who!!! JCWhitney!! 22 days later i had a second header. Never again will i order from JCWhitney. Unless of course i am lacking stress in my life or i feel like playing the waiting game!! And i did call back to ask them about the availability posted on their website and they replied by telling me that the website isn't up to date and that i should call in for the latest details. My final thought.......... How can you offer a website to order from 24 hours a day but you dont offer customer support 24 hours to make sure that the availability is correct? And as a company, if you are not shipping the product how can you say how soon it is going to ship out? VERY MISLEADING if you ask me. just my .22 cents!
__________________
.................................................. ..................
99' TJ I6 4.0L
4" Skyjacker
33x12.5 Firestone Destination M/Ts(Super Sticky!)
4.56s Front and rear
Super 35 Kit w/ Detroit TruLocker in Rear
quick discos
Rugged Ridge Header w/ FlowMaster 40

BADBlue is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Odhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADBlue View Post
Well i can tell you one thing! Their customer service is not worth saving some cash and not by far. Check the availability on that order because i ordered a header from them a few months back specifically because their website said that they would ship in 48 hours. So being the patient person that i am i waited 5 days until i called them. The thing is they dont have all of the stuff in the catalog(website) in their warehouse, they simply take your order and fax it over to the merchant that your product comes from. DAY 5: Jc Whitney cust. service tells me that they placed my order 5 days ago and i should be getting it any day. Well i knew when i place the order i didnt need them to tell me that. i asked when it shipped and that's when i got the "uuhhh....." response. After faxing my order its pretty much up to the merchant to then ship the order out and maybe send over another fax or email confirming the tracking number, thats if they are nice enough to do that with out you calling and asking consistently. To make a VERY LONG STORY SHORT! An order that was supposed to ship within 48 hours, 144 hours later JCWhit still couldn't provide me with a tracking number. Within 6 days i had called to just cancel the order and called back a second time to ensure that the cancellation was placed and a second person confirmed it.
I then called quadratec who had the exact same thing but just a little more pricey. They have most of their stuff in their warehouse and THEY ship it directly to you. I had my Header from quadratec on day 11. I Drove my jeep around for the next 11 days and on day 22 when i got home i had a package waiting for me on my front door step!!! And Guess from who!!! JCWhitney!! 22 days later i had a second header. Never again will i order from JCWhitney. Unless of course i am lacking stress in my life or i feel like playing the waiting game!! And i did call back to ask them about the availability posted on their website and they replied by telling me that the website isn't up to date and that i should call in for the latest details. My final thought.......... How can you offer a website to order from 24 hours a day but you dont offer customer support 24 hours to make sure that the availability is correct? And as a company, if you are not shipping the product how can you say how soon it is going to ship out? VERY MISLEADING if you ask me. just my .22 cents!

Sounds alot like what happened to us with Rocky Mountain Suspension. I will never order from a place that drop ships again. Went through the run around for about 2 months Until I called the Manufactuer direct. Heck took RMS almost 3 weeks to tell me the truth about what was going on.

Don't you just love being lied to:evil2:
__________________
Recently returned from the Jeep Dead.
and
Proud daddy to a New baby Jeep Girl.
Odhinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
BADBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 64
whoops! i swear my browser expired the first time i submitted that!
BADBlue is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-16-2007, 07:30 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
dwdrums801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,298
how did everything go with the order? I might be ordering the same package tonight...will these just replace the stock wheel?
__________________
06 Rubi Unlimited, 3.5" Rubicon Express LA, OME Shocks, Metal Cloak Aluminum Bumper, Warn Winch, Power locks/remote start.
dwdrums801 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-16-2007, 11:20 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
debruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Needham Ma, Rangeley ME in the summer
Posts: 5,578
Send a message via AIM to debruins
just fyi

so far ive had good expierence w/ the customer service, bet then again i dont really care about waiting an extra week if it saves me a week of working, man quadratec is a lot more $$$$ and i only work 9 hrs a week after skool, well you get the picture, i would rather be waitng at my house for the UPS man than saving up for it at work

and when i bought the wrong thing(electrical oil gauge, not mech.), i just called then up and told them i would send it back, within three days i got the mechanical one, which means they had to of sent it even before they recieved me sending mine back.

but, w/e

debruins is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire rubbing? '95 YJ Sahara Stock Wheels DaveC YJ General Discussion Forum 7 06-29-2009 12:09 AM
33x12.5x15 BFG A/Ts with american racing AR-23? wheels for trade (OH) drummerwookie Classifieds Archive 3 11-19-2007 07:18 PM
want to trade wheels or wheels and tires. (IA) hemmer Classifieds Archive 3 11-09-2007 10:12 PM
Wheels: Black Steelies or stock Rubicon RUBICONVICT TJ General Discussion Forum 28 02-18-2007 12:58 PM
Wheels, Wheels, And Wheels GoTopLes TJ General Discussion Forum 2 06-08-2006 11:14 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC