Quick disconnests - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Medixtj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 798
Quick disconnests

I know somewhere on here I saw a mod to make your own but not sure where. If anybody knows where could you help. Thanks

__________________
2001 Sahara 3 speed auto
Medixtj01 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medixtj01 View Post
I know somewhere on here I saw a mod to make your own but not sure where. If anybody knows where could you help. Thanks
I was looking last night as well.

krisbman is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 41
Here's a thread describing how to make them - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/home...cts-51982.html

Wait a minute, just noticed you said quick disconnests.......I don't know anything about those
dmoriarty is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoriarty View Post
Here's a thread describing how to make them - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/home...cts-51982.html

Wait a minute, just noticed you said quick disconnests.......I don't know anything about those
Awesome, thanx bro
krisbman is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,179
Attachment 285136

Just did this, $7 and less than 5 minutes.
krisbman is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Robertsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stafford CT
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbman View Post
Attachment 285136

Just did this, $7 and less than 5 minutes.
Keep an eye on them man. I did those for a while and they worked great but I went on the trail the other day and didn't disco and lost my passenger side one. Also wrap some tape or something around the bushings so you don't lose them as well. After losing two cotter pins from mine, I buttoned down and bought JKS ones.
__________________
If it doesn't move and it should, WD-40. If it does move and it shouldn't, duct tape. A lot of duct tape.
Robertsk1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsk1 View Post

Keep an eye on them man. I did those for a while and they worked great but I went on the trail the other day and didn't disco and lost my passenger side one. Also wrap some tape or something around the bushings so you don't lose them as well. After losing two cotter pins from mine, I buttoned down and bought JKS ones.
Im gonna swap out to the fold over pins when i find them. Also we have some real high tension pins at work that i might use.

krisbman is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC