Recommendations for seat covers - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 21
Recommendations for seat covers

Ok I have a new to me 97 TJ and the seats are nasty, Anyone have any recomendations fror seat covers that actually fit nicely? And are cheap? I have a quadratech mag so I might be able to locate a specific brand. thanks for any input.

Geoff

Razorbackrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 37
mopar makes a really good wet-suit like seat cover, but they are a little on the expensive side. On my last wrangler i used a pair of seat covers that i got from the local autozone for $20 and they worked fine accept they didn't have a nice seat feel. It's all your preference and how durable you want them to be. If I were you, I would look for a nice seat cover, for it will most likely make the inside of your jeep look newer then it actually is.

jeeplove90 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
KBR97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,136
I noticed that besttop makes a pair for about $100
thinking about getting these.

Bestop 29226-15 - Bestop High Back Front Seat Covers in for 97-02 Jeep® Wrangler TJ - Quadratec
KBR97 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
nater344's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Western PA
Posts: 261
KBR97 - I have the Bestop ones that you listed and I love them! They fit well, but I did connect them under the seats to keep them tight all of the time. They are very durable and waterproof (water will puddle on them and can be simply brushed off). I highly recommend them!
nater344 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 38
Send a message via Yahoo to cy76065
not sure of quality but logoride.com had some decent looking ones for reasonable prices.
__________________
07 Unlimited 4 door/06 Commander
cy76065 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
05GT-O.C.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,415
Bestop's are what I intend to get too.
__________________
When my time comes, mix my ashes with gunpowder encased in brass, point me towards murderer's and pedophile's and let me fly.

(: ˇ ɹǝʌo ǝɯ 11oɹ ...sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
05GT-O.C.D. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
n8smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jupiter, Fl
Posts: 335
Send a message via AIM to n8smitty
I have the Smittybilt neo's. I think you still get a rear seat cover free if you buy the front ones. I've had them for about a year and a half and I love em.
n8smitty is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
05GT-O.C.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,415
If anyone's got real world pics of seat covers installed - I'd like to see! I'm not to trusting of professionally fitted and photographed magazine advertisement pics.
__________________
When my time comes, mix my ashes with gunpowder encased in brass, point me towards murderer's and pedophile's and let me fly.

(: ˇ ɹǝʌo ǝɯ 11oɹ ...sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
05GT-O.C.D. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #9
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D. View Post
If anyone's got real world pics of seat covers installed - I'd like to see! I'm not to trusting of professionally fitted and photographed magazine advertisement pics.
Hey - I spend a lot of time getting those photos to turn out that way.

But you are right - we do have steamers and irons and great lighting, etc...

I'd offer to run out in the parking lot and take a quick photo of someone's seat covers for you, but you probably would still not trust it. Plus it's raining.

Geoff@Bestop
Geoff@Bestop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
jpdocdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: beach park, il
Posts: 8,162
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop View Post
Hey - I spend a lot of time getting those photos to turn out that way.

But you are right - we do have steamers and irons and great lighting, etc...

I'd offer to run out in the parking lot and take a quick photo of someone's seat covers for you, but you probably would still not trust it. Plus it's raining.

Geoff@Bestop
i like this guy

i tell you what though, i have the best top aqua seats front and rear in one of my yj's. i think they hold the water. those wet suit materials that i've seen i think take longer to dry than regular seats.

maybe geoff can shed some light on that.
__________________
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."
http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data...re_cowbell.gif
jpdocdave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #11
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,612
Wet suit (neoprene) vs waterproof fabric: totally a personal preference. Some people love the wetsuit material, some hate the feel. Most complaints are about how it feels on hot days. But the stretchyness will give a nice look. We don't make neoprene covers, though, so my opinion gets a bit "marketing," if you know what I mean.

I see there's an ad for neoprene seat covers right here, so click on that and support this site!

Got Jeeps? Yes.
Geoff@Bestop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #12
Knows a couple things...

WF Supporting Member
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido, Calif.
Posts: 33,118
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBR97 View Post
I noticed that besttop makes a pair for about $100
thinking about getting these.

Bestop 29226-15 - Bestop High Back Front Seat Covers in for 97-02 Jeep® Wrangler TJ - Quadratec
I ran those for years and loved them. I just wish they fit my slightly larger Bestop fabric seats I went to 5-6 years ago that are now pretty disgusting looking. Do avoid neopreme seat covers. Despite what the ads say, they are not waterproof and they tend to soak up liquids if not wiped off quickly. Which means you have to sit on a towel or suffer a "wet okole". Plus they fade quickly and unevenly if they see much sun.

Edit: Now that I see Geoff from Bestop in this thread, come awwnnn Geoff, why don't you guys have seat covers to fit your own Trailmax seats? Mine are stained and the stains aren't coming out after repeated attempts.
__________________
When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #13
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Edit: Now that I see Geoff from Bestop in this thread, come awwnnn Geoff, why don't you guys have seat covers to fit your own Trailmax seats? Mine are stained and the stains aren't coming out after repeated attempts.
I saw your question before, asked someone else who didn't know, and never did get an answer. And then I forgot about you. I'd GUESS that the market for TrailMax covers is too small to make it profitable.
Geoff@Bestop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
DallanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Womelsdorf,PA
Posts: 138
I recently bought these on Ebay & I like them. They don't fit perfect, but they are nice. I didn't have the back seat in when I took these pictures.
1997-'2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Neoprene Custom Seat Covers:eBay Motors (item 250440040246 end time Jun-12-09 21:52:17 PDT)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep%20With%20Top%20Down%20003.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	9039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep%20With%20Top%20Down%20004.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	9040  

__________________
Your Only Young Once But You Can Be Immature Forever.
DallanG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
05GT-O.C.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,415
They may not be perfect, but they look really good!
__________________
When my time comes, mix my ashes with gunpowder encased in brass, point me towards murderer's and pedophile's and let me fly.

(: ˇ ɹǝʌo ǝɯ 11oɹ ...sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
05GT-O.C.D. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
BLACKTOOTHGRIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Of Heaven
Posts: 1,210
I just bought the Bestop HighBack covers from Quadratec last month.
They're a very thick, durable vinyl fabric that will DEFINITELY repel water.
In fact, when I opened them up the first time,
they reminded me of the old vinyl parkas that i used to put on to go watch football games in the rain.
These are alot thicker though.
The only way I can see water getting to the seat is through the hole it has for that little loop on the seats.
Or if you rip them of course.

Overall I'm happy with them.
They fit well, but are a bit wrinkly at first.
(that might go away once I take my top off and the sun gets to them)
There really thick and give your seat a very firm feel.
Water won't be much of an issue with these covers.
The only thing I don't like about them is that they DO make you sweat.
I read a thread somewhere last year where a guy referred to it as swampass.
Yeah SWAMPASS! - How true it is!!!



Actually,
If the Bestop Seat Covers had the same design on them as my old seat covers,
and if they didn't give you SWAMPASS,
they'd be perfect!


__________________
"ONE FOOT IN THE GUTTER, ONE FIST IN THE GOLD"
-BLACKTOOTHGRIN
BLACKTOOTHGRIN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKTOOTHGRIN View Post
I just bought the Bestop HighBack covers from Quadratec last month.
They're a very thick, durable vinyl fabric that will DEFINITELY repel water.
In fact, when I opened them up the first time,
they reminded me of the old vinyl parkas that i used to put on to go watch football games in the rain.
These are alot thicker though.
The only way I can see water getting to the seat is through the hole it has for that little loop on the seats.
Or if you rip them of course.

Overall I'm happy with them.
They fit well, but are a bit wrinkly at first.
(that might go away once I take my top off and the sun gets to them)
There really thick and give your seat a very firm feel.
Water won't be much of an issue with these covers.
The only thing I don't like about them is that they DO make you sweat.
I read a thread somewhere last year where a guy referred to it as swampass.
Yeah SWAMPASS! - How true it is!!!
I have an Apex TJ with the faux leather seats made of vinyl. They are completely waterproof. I live in Texas, so I know what swampass is. It's when everyone thinks you peed your pants so much it leaked right up the back of your shirt.
ChrisTX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
BLACKTOOTHGRIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Of Heaven
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTX View Post
I have an Apex TJ with the faux leather seats made of vinyl. They are completely waterproof. I live in Texas, so I know what swampass is. It's when everyone thinks you peed your pants so much it leaked right up the back of your shirt.

That's terrible!
It doesn't get quite that bad here in AZ,
but when the Monsoons kick in,
(like they will here shortly)
it does get pretty muggy, and makes for great swampass!
__________________
"ONE FOOT IN THE GUTTER, ONE FIST IN THE GOLD"
-BLACKTOOTHGRIN
BLACKTOOTHGRIN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
tequila1pint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St.Petersburg, FL
Posts: 89
Wet Okole, plus you have a myriad of different colors and piping if you choose. I know they are a little pricey but well worth the money when you look at fit, function, and durability. My $.02.
__________________
Point to ponder:
* If electrons come from electricity, does morality come from morons?
* If you have sex with a prostitute without her consent, is it considered shoplifting?
tequila1pint is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #20
Knows a couple things...

WF Supporting Member
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido, Calif.
Posts: 33,118
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila1pint View Post
Wet Okole, plus you have a myriad of different colors and piping if you choose. I know they are a little pricey but well worth the money when you look at fit, function, and durability. My $.02.
My personal experience with Wet Okole and the other neopreme seat covers is not good at all. The neopreme will soak up liquids (which includes perspiration so it will start SMELLING after a while), it doesn't dry quickly, the nylon 'skin' shreds after much sun exposure and skin sliding across it, and the colors fade quickly and unevenly if you drive your Jeep without its top on much. Perhaps in a car where the top never comes off and when people are gentle with them they're ok but a neopreme seat cover is the LAST material I would choose for a seat cover to be used in a Wrangler. Not to mention that Wet Okole's seat covers, in particular, as as expensive as many entire seats are. I wouldn't touch that brand or style of seat cover with the proverbial 10' pole.
__________________
When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
boostlesstj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
Does anyone have the smittybilt G.E.A.R. Covers?
__________________
2004 TJ - Aussie Locker front and rear, Rough Country 4" Series II lift, Cooper Discovery STT 33's, JKS Quick disconnects, CB Radio, Cragar Steel wheels, Atlas 9.5k winch, Hi-Lift Jack - F'n shipping to Alaska sucks!!!

Frozen Axles Offroad
boostlesstj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Denver
Posts: 15
I have these Smittybilts... Custom Fit Neoprene Front Seat Covers by Smittybilt and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware Ordered from 4wd.com. I did get the rear set free with purchase of the fronts (even though it took 6 months to get both sets, but that's another story). They were cheap and are neoprene which I thought would be great. They are comfortable and look pretty good but the downside I've noticed is that they get spots on them so easily... I don't even know where the spots come from... they're not to the point that I've tried to clean them yet, but they look like they'll come up easily. I haven't had them wet yet, so I can't comment on that. Overall, for the price, I'm happy - I'll probably spray they with a waterproofer someday. Here's a link to some pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/kylestev...eat=directlink
__________________
'98 TJ Sport
khunt8211 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #23
that's what she said

WF Supporting Member
 
jgano23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: \m/-_-\m/
Posts: 16,482
Send a message via AIM to jgano23 Send a message via Yahoo to jgano23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop View Post
Hey - I spend a lot of time getting those photos to turn out that way.

But you are right - we do have steamers and irons and great lighting, etc...

I'd offer to run out in the parking lot and take a quick photo of someone's seat covers for you, but you probably would still not trust it. Plus it's raining.

Geoff@Bestop
can you post up a non-professional pic? i am seriously considering them and want to see how they look.
jgano23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #24
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgano23 View Post
can you post up a non-professional pic? i am seriously considering them and want to see how they look.
I'm an expert at non-professional pics! You should see our blog!

Let me see if any of the Jeeps in the parking lot have them installed. The one above from BlackBearGrin is pretty good though - just keep in mind that he's right about the wrinkles going away.

Geoff@ Bestop
bestop.com/blog
Geoff@Bestop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #25
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,612
I thought someone would have them on their Jeep, but I can't find any installed on any of the Jeeps in the parking lot. Sorry.

Most of the Wrangler owners here are annoying Jeep Yuppies with brand new JKs, so don't think they need seat covers yet. I think I have the oldest Jeep around, but I don't have seat covers either. Plus my CJ wouldn't start this morning after last nights big rainstorm. I need to buy a new JK. :-)
Geoff@Bestop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #26
Knows a couple things...

WF Supporting Member
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido, Calif.
Posts: 33,118
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop View Post
I need to buy a new JK. :-)
As a special bit of help to you Geoff in light of your help in this forum, go for a newer used TJ instead of that JK. I had the displeasure of having a JK in my garage for a weekend while added some rocker guards (a nightmare job on a JK), etc. and between how its put together more like a car now (hard to work on) and how it drives like a minivan, I wouldn't want one.
__________________
When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Zeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SouthEastern Michigan
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostlesstj View Post
Does anyone have the smittybilt G.E.A.R. Covers?
I've been running these for about a year now, the fit leaves much to be desired. The utility however is top notch!!!
__________________
JEEP THE AR-15 OF THE AUTOMOTIVE WORLD
Zeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 21
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by khunt8211 View Post
I have these Smittybilts... Custom Fit Neoprene Front Seat Covers by Smittybilt and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware Ordered from 4wd.com. I did get the rear set free with purchase of the fronts (even though it took 6 months to get both sets, but that's another story). They were cheap and are neoprene which I thought would be great. They are comfortable and look pretty good but the downside I've noticed is that they get spots on them so easily... I don't even know where the spots come from... they're not to the point that I've tried to clean them yet, but they look like they'll come up easily. I haven't had them wet yet, so I can't comment on that. Overall, for the price, I'm happy - I'll probably spray they with a waterproofer someday. Here's a link to some pics:

Picasa Web Albums - Kyle - Wrangler
Well I decided to go with these I thought they looked nice and priced well. I went with black so hopefully I wont stain with coffee!
Razorbackrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2009, 08:00 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
05GT-O.C.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,415
Those Smitty's do look good! Make sure you post some pics once you get them in!
__________________
When my time comes, mix my ashes with gunpowder encased in brass, point me towards murderer's and pedophile's and let me fly.

(: ˇ ɹǝʌo ǝɯ 11oɹ ...sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
05GT-O.C.D. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
05GT-O.C.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,415
Sooo... Are you better off w/ vinyl that makes you sweat or neoprene that doesn't dry quickly?

Can you use Scotch-Guard or other type of water repellant on a neoprene cover?

__________________
When my time comes, mix my ashes with gunpowder encased in brass, point me towards murderer's and pedophile's and let me fly.

(: ˇ ɹǝʌo ǝɯ 11oɹ ...sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
05GT-O.C.D. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tommy Was A Wise Man!!! Dare2BSquare Off-Topic 26 03-11-2009 11:33 AM
Which Diff Covers ? nicolas-eric TJ General Discussion Forum 29 03-11-2008 02:05 AM
Headlamp Assmbly Covers? soupy1957 JK General Discussion Forum 0 01-29-2008 03:25 PM
Seat covers - whatcha runnin? erickpl TJ General Discussion Forum 27 07-23-2007 05:17 PM
Neoprene Seat Covers jlsjeepin General Jeep Discussion 5 04-02-2007 12:12 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC