Replacement fogs for TJ - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 96
Replacement fogs for TJ

My LJ had a tube bumper on it when I got it. I have now replaced it with a stock one (thanks 'Big Thunder' AKA Bob) . Im looking at getting these since they plug right into my harness (had fogs from the factory).
KC HiLiTES 1132 - KC HiLiTES Replacement Fog Light for 05-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec I would be getting the black version. I think they look better than stock.

Or should I try to find some stock ones.

VA Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 204
Personally I replaced my stock ones with these and they work great. I wanted to keep the use of my factory switch. They are also brighter than my stock lights, give off a better light pattern and do look better. Plus they match the KC Slimlights I,have on windshield mounts.

DPD06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 96
Thanks .Im going to order them this afternoon.
VA Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
2003x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 964
Those are a lot of money. I know they "plug" in to the stock locations, but, I just got these KC's and they are awesome. The whole kit for the same price.

KC HiLiTES 157 - KC HiLites 6" Apollo Fog Lamp System in Black - Quadratec

Also come in a 5".
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97048_3502.htm
__________________
HP D30, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, 4" RC Long Arm, 1" BL, 35" Toyo MT's.
My Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...-build-944608/
2003x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003x View Post
Those are a lot of money. I know they "plug" in to the stock locations, but, I just got these KC's and they are awesome. The whole kit for the same price.

KC HiLiTES 157 - KC HiLites 6" Apollo Fog Lamp System in Black - Quadratec

Also come in a 5".
KC HiLiTES 457 - KC HiLites 5" Apollo Fog Lamp System in Black - Quadratec

Im confused? They are the same price but they do not plug right in. What is better about them? The ones I posted come with the stone guard and the ones you posted it looks like you have to pay extra.

I didnt get a chance to order anything yesterday so I will wait until I figure this out.
VA Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #6
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
dabolt55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Clinton, Tn.
Posts: 11,595
Images: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Jeeper View Post
Im confused? They are the same price but they do not plug right in. What is better about them? The ones I posted come with the stone guard and the ones you posted it looks like you have to pay extra.

I didnt get a chance to order anything yesterday so I will wait until I figure this out.
Hey Vajeeper, Isn't the price just for one at $92.00??? The post from 2003x at $84.00 for the whole kit??? I know it's not a direct plug in, but the $$$..Confirm pricing?
__________________
Nothing to it but to do it.
SIMPLE AS THAT.

'04 TJ RUBICON, 4.0l auto
2"BDS coils, Rubicon express shocks, 33/12.50/15 Dick Cepek Mud Country tires yellowed out, on Black steel D's.
dabolt55 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabolt55 View Post
Hey Vajeeper, Isn't the price just for one at $92.00??? The post from 2003x at $84.00 for the whole kit??? I know it's not a direct plug in, but the $$$..Confirm pricing?

Actually the black one I posted is 84.99 if you get it in chrome its more. Your right though that is the difference I didnt realize. The one I posted is for one light and the other ones is two lights and switch for the same price. I wonder how thats possible? Why wold anybody buy one fog light anyway. I wouldnt want to use the switch the kit comes with since I have the switch in my multifunction switch already wired up. Im guessing I could wire these lights to that . I wonder if I can buy the OEM plug and wire that to the new lights?
VA Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #8
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
dabolt55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Clinton, Tn.
Posts: 11,595
Images: 50
Keep checking around though, even amazon or craigslist. Post pics when you get em'..
__________________
Nothing to it but to do it.
SIMPLE AS THAT.

'04 TJ RUBICON, 4.0l auto
2"BDS coils, Rubicon express shocks, 33/12.50/15 Dick Cepek Mud Country tires yellowed out, on Black steel D's.
dabolt55 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #9
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jp2611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Wayne IN
Posts: 5,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Jeeper View Post
Actually the black one I posted is 84.99 if you get it in chrome its more. Your right though that is the difference I didnt realize. The one I posted is for one light and the other ones is two lights and switch for the same price. I wonder how thats possible? Why wold anybody buy one fog light anyway. I wouldnt want to use the switch the kit comes with since I have the switch in my multifunction switch already wired up. Im guessing I could wire these lights to that . I wonder if I can buy the OEM plug and wire that to the new lights?
A person might buy one light if one were broken or cracked and leave stone gaurd off. They are that similar that most people couldn't tell them apart. I bought a pair to replace factory ones that had been broken, and "plug and play" was a true description. My "multi function switch" has since crapped out (as per norm) and I wired in a toggle switch to factory harness for the fogs.

It really depends on how "easy" of an install you want. Good Luck!!
jp2611 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Manchester, Iowa
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Jeeper View Post
Actually the black one I posted is 84.99 if you get it in chrome its more. Your right though that is the difference I didnt realize. The one I posted is for one light and the other ones is two lights and switch for the same price. I wonder how thats possible? Why wold anybody buy one fog light anyway. I wouldnt want to use the switch the kit comes with since I have the switch in my multifunction switch already wired up. Im guessing I could wire these lights to that . I wonder if I can buy the OEM plug and wire that to the new lights?
If you still have the factory fogs you could take the plugs off of them.
Yakjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
2003x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabolt55
Hey Vajeeper, Isn't the price just for one at $92.00??? The post from 2003x at $84.00 for the whole kit??? I know it's not a direct plug in, but the $$$..Confirm pricing?
You are right. The link i posted is for a kit. The OP posted a single KC for $85. Which is way to much money. But if you want plug n play, then have at it.
__________________
HP D30, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, 4" RC Long Arm, 1" BL, 35" Toyo MT's.
My Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...-build-944608/
2003x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakjeep View Post
If you still have the factory fogs you could take the plugs off of them.

I never had them. I guess I will buy the kit. I wonder if there is a quality difference between the single light for $85.00 and the kit for $85.00 as far as the light itself??
VA Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
2003x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Jeeper

I never had them. I guess I will buy the kit. I wonder if there is a quality difference between the single light for $85.00 and the kit for $85.00 as far as the light itself??
No difference in quality. The Apollo's are great lights. You are paying $100 a light for the convienence of plug n play.
__________________
HP D30, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, 4" RC Long Arm, 1" BL, 35" Toyo MT's.
My Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...-build-944608/
2003x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
BigThunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 125
Go with the KC Apollo kit. The carry the same 23 year warranty as the entire KC line (I think i"m correct here). I have the Apollo line on my YJ as driving lights. Not sure if you saw those when you were at the house.
__________________
Chief Warrant Officer
USA, Retired
BigThunder is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
2003x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 964
I run the KC 5" Apollo Driving Lights and they blow my old Hella 500's out of the water.
__________________
HP D30, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, 4" RC Long Arm, 1" BL, 35" Toyo MT's.
My Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...-build-944608/
2003x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
Go with the KC Apollo kit. The carry the same 23 year warranty as the entire KC line (I think i"m correct here). I have the Apollo line on my YJ as driving lights. Not sure if you saw those when you were at the house.

Ok Im going to get the Apollos, glad I waited. I will just cut my oem plugs off and hard wire them in.

I didnt get to see them on your YJ. It says in the discription on the Quadratech site "available in 55 watt 6” round or 5” round models, and come in a choice of Long Range, Driving or Fog light patterns." but I dont see any options when I click on add to cart. Im going to give them a call.

BTW I had the bumper on Sunday night .I couldnt wait to get that rediculous looking tube bumper off LOL.
VA Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
2003x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Jeeper View Post
Ok Im going to get the Apollos, glad I waited. I will just cut my oem plugs off and hard wire them in.

I didnt get to see them on your YJ. It says in the discription on the Quadratech site "available in 55 watt 6” round or 5” round models, and come in a choice of Long Range, Driving or Fog light patterns." but I dont see any options when I click on add to cart. Im going to give them a call.

BTW I had the bumper on Sunday night .I couldnt wait to get that rediculous looking tube bumper off LOL.
There is a seperate link for each light, under the "KC" tab. Also - if you order through google shopping, you get free shipping. Meaning - open google, type in KC Apollo Lights quadratec, hit enter, then when it gives you a buncha listings, look on the right side of the page for the tab "shopping", open that and find quadratec, add the lights of your choice to your cart for free shipping. Enjoy!
You wont be dissapointed with the KCs.
__________________
HP D30, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, 4" RC Long Arm, 1" BL, 35" Toyo MT's.
My Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...-build-944608/
2003x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003x View Post
There is a seperate link for each light, under the "KC" tab. Also - if you order through google shopping, you get free shipping. Meaning - open google, type in KC Apollo Lights quadratec, hit enter, then when it gives you a buncha listings, look on the right side of the page for the tab "shopping", open that and find quadratec, add the lights of your choice to your cart for free shipping. Enjoy!
You wont be dissapointed with the KCs.

UGG not seeing the "shopping" tab. Thanks for the tip though. Im still trying.
VA Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
BigThunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 125
Try this:
kc lights - Google Search

I have the 5" round driving lights. Cast a better pattern than the fog/flood.
__________________
Chief Warrant Officer
USA, Retired
BigThunder is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
2003x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
Try this:
kc lights - Google Search

I have the 5" round driving lights. Cast a better pattern than the fog/flood.
Perfect, just add quadratec to the search and it comes up, nice work.
__________________
HP D30, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, 4" RC Long Arm, 1" BL, 35" Toyo MT's.
My Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...-build-944608/
2003x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 96
That worked duh. I didnt notice the shopping tab at the top. Ordered them.

Thanks again guys . I cant figure out if this forum saves me money or cost me money LMAO.
VA Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #22
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
dabolt55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Clinton, Tn.
Posts: 11,595
Images: 50
Don't forget to post your pic after all that...
__________________
Nothing to it but to do it.
SIMPLE AS THAT.

'04 TJ RUBICON, 4.0l auto
2"BDS coils, Rubicon express shocks, 33/12.50/15 Dick Cepek Mud Country tires yellowed out, on Black steel D's.
dabolt55 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabolt55 View Post
Don't forget to post your pic after all that...

LOL I know ,its like do I need you guys to instal them too. LMAO.

I will post pics ,you know Im so computer savy.

VA Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
replacing evaporator for my Jeep. Leeroy Jeepkins TJ General Discussion Forum 7 04-15-2012 07:32 PM
Looking for speaker upgrades Casotakar1229 Communications and Electronics 10 04-07-2012 01:17 AM
CJ Grille on a TJ? jscherb TJ General Discussion Forum 28 04-06-2012 06:15 PM
Teraflex, currie, evo, or Clayton long arm kit for my wrangler 4 door? RWJ JK General Discussion Forum 10 04-05-2012 02:21 PM
Cant wait for friday Medicjt87 TJ General Discussion Forum 0 04-05-2012 11:10 AM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC