I used Monstaliner. I is not nearly as rough as herculiner and Rhino-liner. I've see Herc and will say it feels like sandpaper. But I haven't seen Rhino first hand.
The Monstaliner is textured, but smooth enough that it cleans up REALLY easily and really well.
Here's a pic of the texturing of it.
And a few more general pics.
I chose black because my TJ is a black/green style, but Monstaliner does offer a LOT of different colors now. If you look in the Vendor section on Jeep Forum, you will find a thread that details it. The vendor is on that forum and has EXCELLENT support.
Now for the spray vs roll on debate. I rolled it for a few reasons:
1. I had no air compressor system.
2. I didn't have a spray gun.
3. I wanted to do this on a budget so 1 & 2 ruled that out.
4. I didn't want to worry about overspray. Simple painter's tape did the job just fine.
5. My entire family helped me prep it and roll it on. So it was a fun way to have family time and get something done.
Key to ANY install is going to be the prep work. Screw that up and the stuff won't hold very well. The JF Monstaliner thread covers it VERY well, along with a few writeup threads (I believe I have one on here myself).