Sneak PEEK Softopper Unlimited LJ (redesign) - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Fireaxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: METRO ATL
Posts: 1,157
Sneak PEEK Softopper Unlimited LJ (redesign)

Softopper has been made aware of the issue with the softopper softop for the Unlimited LJ.

Most complaints were that the LJ01 model only uses Softoppers door surrounds and can't be used with Jeep Factory surrounds.
Here she is:
First pics are test fits...will post info as I get it.

The New LJ02 will use Jeep Factory door surrounds....(.other tweaks made...details later)






....disclaimer: I member of JF is not paid by or working for said company in anyway. Just an over excited customer!

__________________
United States Coast Guard
Support Search and Rescue...GET LOST!
Fireaxe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
lynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,162
Looking forward to more detailed pics.
I've been holding out for a better-designed LJ top... I hope this is it!

__________________
Lynn
'05 LJ
lynn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,694
Theres no windows???
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
UnlimitedLJ04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 View Post
Theres no windows???
proper fitting of fabric comes before cutting holes to install clear windows.
UnlimitedLJ04 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedLJ04 View Post
proper fitting of fabric comes before cutting holes to install clear windows.
That's some fancy smancy stuff right there.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Fireaxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: METRO ATL
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn View Post
Looking forward to more detailed pics.
I've been holding out for a better-designed LJ top... I hope this is it!
This is it!!!!!!
__________________
United States Coast Guard
Support Search and Rescue...GET LOST!
Fireaxe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
IrateDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Belleview
Posts: 173
Nice, that was the one thing that bothered me when I bought my Trektop. I didn't like having to change my door surrounds to the ugly metal ones...& then have to take them completely off to put the safari top on I guess I know what kind of top I'll be replacing it with when the time comes.
IrateDonnie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
callbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cortez Colo
Posts: 636
I like the no window variety
callbob is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrateDonnie View Post
Nice, that was the one thing that bothered me when I bought my Trektop. I didn't like having to change my door surrounds to the ugly metal ones...& then have to take them completely off to put the safari top on I guess I know what kind of top I'll be replacing it with when the time comes.
Really? I have the Trektop NX and it uses the factory style surrounds.
Vinman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Fireaxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: METRO ATL
Posts: 1,157
FINISHED!!!!!
Available in a few weeks....Again you all will know as soon as I know.

Here she is...The LJ02!
__________________
United States Coast Guard
Support Search and Rescue...GET LOST!
Fireaxe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Fireaxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: METRO ATL
Posts: 1,157
last one....
__________________
United States Coast Guard
Support Search and Rescue...GET LOST!
Fireaxe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
lynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,162
Hey Fireaxe, what's the status of LJ02?

My factory LJ top has developed issues...
__________________
Lynn
'05 LJ
lynn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Fireaxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: METRO ATL
Posts: 1,157
It's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Here is the link.....
Tell them you heard about the top on WranglerForum.com
Wrangler LJ02 (2004-2006)
__________________
United States Coast Guard
Support Search and Rescue...GET LOST!
Fireaxe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Fireaxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: METRO ATL
Posts: 1,157
Bump....just trying to get the word out.
__________________
United States Coast Guard
Support Search and Rescue...GET LOST!
Fireaxe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 60
Nice. Anyone else selling this top who may ship for free?? :-)
BadSweet is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Fireaxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: METRO ATL
Posts: 1,157
No this top is only sold in USA, made in Boulder CO.
A few reason I like this company better than the rest ( bestop rampage rugged ridge etc...not to say these are bad)
Made in USA
Made with Sailcloth only ( upgraded material )
YKK zippers ( tough quality zippers )
Storage for your windows
The Kit comes with everything you need ( if I'm correct the other companies make you order the extra parts)
Awesome customer service
Awesome Warranty
Did I mention Made in USA?

I don't work for them but owned the TJ02 top and would look now where else for a TJ Top....very satisfied customer.

My new LJ02 will be here Monday....pics 2 come.
__________________
United States Coast Guard
Support Search and Rescue...GET LOST!
Fireaxe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 60
Thanks!! When I order my frameless top, it will be this one.
BadSweet is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #18
NJO
Jeeper
 
NJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,388
Some aesthetic improvements need to be made.

A. That rear window needs to extend down farther to the tailgate so that the bottom edge is inline with the side windows.

B. Side windows need to be parallel with the rear roll bar downtube.

C. The top tuck(where side windows tuck up into top)also looks amateurish. Not parallel with the body or window lines.

Looks very amateurish with these 3 issues, take note. $600 Id expect a bit more refinement.
NJO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
flash1034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 218
So where do you order one and is there a forum discount? Does it come with everything needed for install for us hard top guys?



Flash
flash1034 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
mrpotatohead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Happy Valley
Posts: 782
X2 about the rear window, that looks awkward. The price isn't unreasonable... But in the grand scheme of things a trek top isn't much more for a more finished looking top.
mrpotatohead is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #21
Full Size Jeep Dr.

WF Supporting Member
 
lindel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The land of Salted Iron
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash1034 View Post
So where do you order one and is there a forum discount? Does it come with everything needed for install for us hard top guys?



Flash
You order it directly from Softopper.com and if you need everything, you need to order the LJ01. It comes with door surrounds, header bar and tailgate bar.

No forum discount that I'm aware of.
__________________
His: 1999 Flame Red TJ, With a few mods...

Hers: 1987 Grand Wagoneer, stock w/Falken Wildpeak ATs
lindel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #22
NJO
Jeeper
 
NJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotatohead View Post
X2 about the rear window, that looks awkward. The price isn't unreasonable... But in the grand scheme of things a trek top isn't much more for a more finished looking top.
For 600 bucks shipped for a frameless softop id expect more.....at that price your now in Best Top sailcloth replace a top range which is imo still the best top on market.
NJO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
1979WagoneerLTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireaxe View Post
No this top is only sold in USA, made in Boulder CO.
A few reason I like this company better than the rest ( bestop rampage rugged ridge etc...not to say these are bad)
Made in USA
Made with Sailcloth only ( upgraded material )
YKK zippers ( tough quality zippers )
Storage for your windows
The Kit comes with everything you need ( if I'm correct the other companies make you order the extra parts)
Awesome customer service
Awesome Warranty
Did I mention Made in USA?

I don't work for them but owned the TJ02 top and would look now where else for a TJ Top....very satisfied customer.

My new LJ02 will be here Monday....pics 2 come.
Very cool.
__________________
THE MPGp
1979WagoneerLTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Fireaxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: METRO ATL
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJO View Post

For 600 bucks shipped for a frameless softop id expect more.....at that price your now in Best Top sailcloth replace a top range which is imo still the best top on market.
Don't forget to my knowledge you have to order (after the cost of the top...and besttop & the rest charge extra for sailcloth) the rest of the components: tailgate bar and brackets, door surrounds ( softopper offers 2 options...those with and without door surrounds) as well as windshield header bar.
I highly recommend anyone looking to Fully price all the options.

I've already done this twice.
Once for TJ
and Once for LJ....

For my $, I'll buy American.
__________________
United States Coast Guard
Support Search and Rescue...GET LOST!
Fireaxe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #25
NJO
Jeeper
 
NJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireaxe View Post
Don't forget to my knowledge you have to order (after the cost of the top...and besttop & the rest charge extra for sailcloth) the rest of the components: tailgate bar and brackets, door surrounds ( softopper offers 2 options...those with and without door surrounds) as well as windshield header bar.
I highly recommend anyone looking to Fully price all the options.

I've already done this twice.
Once for TJ
and Once for LJ....

For my $, I'll buy American.
Most people though already have that hardware. If they don't you can find OEM factory hardware on CL for dirt cheap all the time. And Best Top's sailcloth replace a top is already proven, its what came on the Jeep OEM, and its still the best in terms of form and function.

The stuff above from Softopper already lacks in the aesthetics dept. Looks like a half baked product. The lines are terrible on it. The windows look like a major afterthought. And if the fit is even remotely loose, its going to suck and be extremely noisy when driving at speed.
NJO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 60
Is really like to see someone (one of us regular jeepers) :-) with this top. I like the lines in the pics.... Something about it that makes me like it.... It looks clean to me. Then again, so do all of the other frameless tops in the manufacturers pics.... Then look sloppy once I see them on everyone else's jeep. Idk, we will see I guess. Someone buy it and put it to the test. :-P :-D
BadSweet is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Fireaxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: METRO ATL
Posts: 1,157
Hey man, that is a regular Jeeper. That's my buddies jeep who got the first LJ02 made. That's not a shop jeep. I'll have mine on Monday!!!!
__________________
United States Coast Guard
Support Search and Rescue...GET LOST!
Fireaxe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #28
NJO
Jeeper
 
NJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSweet View Post
Is really like to see someone (one of us regular jeepers) :-) with this top. I like the lines in the pics.... Something about it that makes me like it.... It looks clean to me. Then again, so do all of the other frameless tops in the manufacturers pics.... Then look sloppy once I see them on everyone else's jeep. Idk, we will see I guess. Someone buy it and put it to the test. :-P :-D
Look at the arrows.......the side window, and top rain flap over the window, and all the edges, nothing is parallel, it all looks crooked. It looks sloppy. My wife noticed it without me even mentioning it when I originally perused the thread. Combine that with the back window, which doesn't match up with the side windows..............its not impressive. Looks sloppy, looks like it was rushed into production if that's what they are all going to look like. Someone should bring this thread to the attn. of that mfg. If I owned that company I would not ship that product and have a serious talk with whoever put that on the drawing board. The lines need to be cleaned up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	soft topper.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	337873  
NJO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #29
NJO
Jeeper
 
NJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,388
Here is the link for the Rampage sailcloth fastback soft top. Over 100 bucks less,(through a reseller no less), the window lines are correct. The back window is full view too. Not cut off a foot short of the tailgate. Rampage Products 109635 - Rampage Products Sailcloth Trail Top with Tinted Windows in Black Diamond for 04-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ Unlimited - Quadratec

And just for the record, no Im not recommending the Rampage top, just using it as an example in terms of window/fabric lines.

NJO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC