So guys, whonwants to help me prevent DW? :D - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
DeepSouthJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 1,738
So guys, whonwants to help me prevent DW? :D

So I had DW about 6 or 7 months ago. The issue was a bent tie rod (and also bad alignment) and dry rotted off balance tires. I had a shop realign it, and put some new tires on. She got a little shimmy recently, but turns out my steering gear box had too much play in it (the DW had messed it up originally, but both the mechanic and my grandpa agreed that it probably just needed to be tightened/adjusted) so I tightened it up with my grandpa's help. So I'm going to get a 1.5 inch lift soon (thanks to joopster, you rock man!) and wanted to know if there is anything I would need to do to help prevent DW? I'm going to get an alignment and put a ZJ tie rod in. Is that all I need to do? Thanks everyone.

DeepSouthJeeper is online now   Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
lapis_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 210
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthJeeper
So I had DW about 6 or 7 months ago. The issue was a bent tie rod (and also bad alignment) and dry rotted off balance tires. I had a shop realign it, and put some new tires on. She got a little shimmy recently, but turns out my steering gear box had too much play in it (the DW had messed it up originally, but both the mechanic and my grandpa agreed that it probably just needed to be tightened/adjusted) so I tightened it up with my grandpa's help. So I'm going to get a 1.5 inch lift soon (thanks to joopster, you rock man!) and wanted to know if there is anything I would need to do to help prevent DW? I'm going to get an alignment and put a ZJ tie rod in. Is that all I need to do? Thanks everyone.
New Sterling damper would help. Just make sure all your suspension bolts are tight and in good condition.

lapis_blue is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
IndyJeepMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,387
You shouldnt have any issues with only a 1.5" raise in suspension height.

If you dont have it now, you shouldnt have it then. Make sure the suspension components are tight/in good shape and go. No steering stabilizer will do anything.
__________________
1980 CJ7
3.9L Cummins POWER!
Follow my build, its cool and stuff: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/project-shake-n-bake-a-cummins-cj-188515.html]
IndyJeepMan is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
DeepSouthJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon

New Sterling damper would help. Just make sure all your suspension bolts are tight and in good condition.
Already did that, but I'll double check when I put it on.
DeepSouthJeeper is online now   Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
DeepSouthJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJeepMan
You shouldnt have any issues with only a 1.5" raise in suspension height.

If you dont have it now, you shouldnt have it then. Make sure the suspension components are tight/in good shape and go. No steering stabilizer will do anything.
Ok thanks. Just wanted to make sure I'd be ok.
DeepSouthJeeper is online now   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC