For full steel doors.
I installed mine tonight...they're the black ones from "Omix-Ada" and they freaking blow. The passenger side one works good...for now. But the driver's side one...I got it installed. Tested and worked. Dabbed some paint on the scrapes from where I apparently dropped/slid it on the concrete
5 minutes later I go to open the door and "POP!"
The damn catch on the handle that pushes the lever the latch rod is attached to popped OVERTOP that lever due to the amount of play in the rivet holding that lever to the handle. So...I had to tear the entire door back apart...
Pulled it out... bent the lever a little bit so even at it's maximum distance, it would still catch.
Reinstalled it...reassembled my door. Tested it about 150 times (no joke). Cleaned up my mess... worked on a few side projects.
Go to get in my Jeep to head home...exhausted. POP!
You guessed it...it popped out of place again.
Disassemble door. For the 3rd time.
Remove handle...bend lever again. Cheap metal begins to crack.
So I am faced with a choice...reassemble the door with the old chrome handle (and have the Jeep look goofy) and attempt to contact 4wd.com to exchange it for a piece of crap replacement or risk modifying it and breaking both handles...leaving me with a hole in the door until I get a replacement ordered next paycheck.
I decided to modify it... so I drilled out the rivet. Popped the components off... took my old handle and drilled out the rivet on it as well. Shortened a bolt that would fit through the hole enough that it didn't hit the handle, put a nut and a lockwasher on it and tightened the assembly down so the lever could move without too much effort but there was very little play in it for it to slip.
Reassembled the door for the third time... go to crank the window up.
When I'd put the window back in the 3rd time, I had one side out of the channel....disassemble door for the 4th time...adjust window back on track. Reassemble.
So now my handle is working...at least until my rig job loosens up...and it looks like crap (well not THAT bad...but sure don't look nice and new anymore). Ugh...on the bright side...I took pics of the steps to do the door handles so I can post up a how-to with photos for those interested.
First door took me about 2 hours to figure it all out...I think I got it down to about 10 minutes now. lol