02-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bixby, Oklahoma
Spending tax money on "needs" not "wants"
Ok guys, I think instead of blowing some tax money on "wants", I'm going to spend it on "needs" and "preventative maintenance". (SCORE BROWNIE POINTS WITH THE WIFE) I know, I know, I'm a nerd and I sound BORING!!! But, my daily driver has run 17,000 miles in one year and the mileage is getting up there. I haven't had any issues whatsoever with this jeep and I'd like to plan ahead in order to keep it that way.
I'm looking at spending some money on....
1) Tune up- what ALL do I need and where to buy parts? 02 sensor?
2) Brakes- all 4 corners- pads on front are getting thin, but rear I have no idea so I plan to go ahead and replace them too. Where to buy?
3) Axle seals- if they show no leaks, don't worry? Or good idea to replace them? Where to buy?
4) Diff fluid- front and rear....What type? I have an 2002 Sport, if that helps.
5) Radiator flush- what type of replacement? It's orange now.
Any other suggestions on what to look at replacing that can be done by a shade tree, cuss word speakin, panic ridden, do-it yourselfer?
Thanks for the replys.
At some point during jeep ownership, you will BUST A NUT!!!