so what do you guys have planned for your jeep this summer..
my list has changed since this winter.. heres the build shit now..
waiting to be put on my jeep:
d44 on its way from ga
steering box skid plate
andy's old center console with sub
12'' kicker csx competition sub
got some half doors to rebuild.. in pretty bad shape
whats planned for this summer:
control arms (thinking currie sas or re la.. may just build some custom ones in tig class tho)
f&r bumpers (gonna make some in tig class)
sye and belly up (ill ditch the belly up if i decide on the re la kit)
new headlights (ipf fatboys)
and some things i dont need to purchase:
pull the body off the frame.. going to sand the frame down and repaint it.. (havent decided if i want a forest green frame or paint it black again)
truckline the interior and underneath the body to protect from rust since theres like 2'' of salt put down on the roads in the winter
list your plans for your jeep
99 sahara :: 2'' coils (front), jks acos f&r, jks front trackbar, jks bl/mml, RE monotube shocks, hp30/d44, 33'' procomp mts, 15x8 eagle alloy 187s, hella optilux fogs, raingler nets, & more random junk::
My list is a little bigger I'm getting a $2000 loan for my jeep.
1. Rubicon extreme duty leafs front and rear
2. Rancho Pro Series Reservoir Extended Length Shock
3. eye to eye adpt
4. 1" lift greasable shackles
5. skyjacker 5th link traction bar
6. front extended track bar
7. bestop water prook locking center console
8. hopefully much more
I put my neoprene seat covers in last week. This summer I'd like to get a brief top (the skull and crossbones), and on my wishlist are KC slimlights for the windshield and the KC fog light replacements. I also do want to get it offroad. Here in the Fargo-Moorhead area the only hill is a mall parking ramp! I mentioned to my wife going to a OHV trail in Northern MN in May for our 1 year anniversary and she said that would probably be our 1 and only anniversary then....Hmmm.....
-Fluids and Tune to my standard
-Neoprene Seat Covers (Recommendations?)...between smittybuilt and wet okole?
-Taurus Fan, 4.0 T.B., C.AI., Header
-Repainted Wheels, Hinges and Mirrors.
And I'd like to be able to put gas in it haha.
Maybe a few skids, rocker guards, Also got a buddy that's taking off his lift, and I'll be researching manual transmissions and the AX-5 to AX-15/NV3550 swap extensively, but hopefully the little AX-5 will hold up for awhile longer.
But, all depends on Cash flow. I have two jobs/60 hrs a week. Also only leaves one day for workin' on the Jeep and for fishing. We'll see. I'll keep you updated.
Rotting piece of junk with some bling in the rear axle.
1) Figure out and fix the steering issue that came about after a weekend of off roading
2) Replace leaking steering box
3) Replace seizing idler pulley
4) Replace tire which got a 6 in slash in it from same weekend of off roading
5) Replace cracked windshield (bought it cracked)
6) install my Banks power pack (banks ram air intake, torque tube header, monster exhaust)
7) Go wheeling in between each number
8) Fix everything that breaks wheeling