Taking the plunge - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
andres0101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 409
Taking the plunge

So I'm taking the plunge. I'm calling 4wd.com and ordering the supertop nx today.
First I have a question. What's is best for top denim or sailcloth I want the "real black " look like my hardtop I dunno if I'm making sense but can anyone help me ?

__________________
My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude!!!
andres0101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jp2611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Wayne IN
Posts: 5,772
I believe the sailcloth but it also may vary from run to run of the material.

jp2611 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
andres0101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 409
So I just called bestop and the lady I spoke to said black diamond is the darker black I'm looking for
__________________
My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude!!!
andres0101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
andres0101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 409
Just placed the order and they said I should get it by the end of march ( cross my fingers )
__________________
My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude!!!
andres0101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
n00bkiller944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: VA 703/757
Posts: 161
Mind if I ask how much you paid? I am interested in one too...
n00bkiller944 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
trbogrl08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 61
Images: 3
I am looking into the exact soft top. Does it come with all the hardware to go from a hard top to a soft top?
trbogrl08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 34,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bkiller944
Mind if I ask how much you paid? I am interested in one too...
I ordered mine yesterday... Some time in April he said I paid (well not yet) when shipped $780 all together

Sent from my iPhone 4 using WF Access
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 34,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbogrl08
I am looking into the exact soft top. Does it come with all the hardware to go from a hard top to a soft top?
Yes.... Factory style as of this year

Sent from my iPhone 4 using WF Access
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
trbogrl08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 61
Images: 3
Thanks for the info! =)
trbogrl08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
andres0101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 409
I paid 806.96 shipped.

30.99 for the starter kit cleaner and protector
75.00 for lifetime warranty
655.00 for the black diamond top with tinted windows
__________________
My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude!!!
andres0101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
n00bkiller944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: VA 703/757
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by andres0101
I paid 806.96 shipped.

30.99 for the starter kit cleaner and protector
75.00 for lifetime warranty
655.00 for the black diamond top with tinted windows
Hmm. How does that lifetime warranty work??
n00bkiller944 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
andres0101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 409
How they explained to me was that Anything that can happen On the trail or any rip or crack or zipper failure, or window crack ( basically anything) is covered I also asked if I would have to ship the top for warranty and they said that usually the warranty dept would ask for a picture of damage with date printed on it and they would send a replacement. Of what ever the damage is.

So to me 75 bucks I thought was worth it
__________________
My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude!!!
andres0101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
n00bkiller944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: VA 703/757
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by andres0101
How they explained to me was that Anything that can happen On the trail or any rip or crack or zipper failure, or window crack ( basically anything) is covered I also asked if I would have to ship the top for warranty and they said that usually the warranty dept would ask for a picture of damage with date printed on it and they would send a replacement. Of what ever the damage is.

So to me 75 bucks I thought was worth it
If that is how it works then I will most likely have to get the warranty as well. I figure I will wait and place an order once the first batch has been shipped out and I see what everyone thinks...
n00bkiller944 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #14
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
trbogrl08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 61
Images: 3
For 75 bucks I will get the warranty also! Can you post some pics and let me know how difficult the install was? Thanks!
trbogrl08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
andres0101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 409
I'll def will lol i will prolly need help haha
__________________
My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude!!!
andres0101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
trbogrl08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 61
Images: 3
Me too! I want to plan ahead of time who I am going to get to help me! lol! Thanks!
trbogrl08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
andres0101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbogrl08
Me too! I want to plan ahead of time who I am going to get to help me! lol! Thanks!
Haha where r u located
__________________
My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude!!!
andres0101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #18
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
trbogrl08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 61
Images: 3
Northwest NJ by the Delaware Water Gap almost to PA



Quote:
Originally Posted by andres0101 View Post
Haha where r u located
trbogrl08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #19
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 34,966
I will never drop $$ for a " lifetime warranty" usually there is small print if you know what I mean. Doesn't make sense. If the warranty is not directly from the manufacturer I would be skeptical, they would lose money I would think?? I could be way wrong on this, I did not do any research but usually there's always something especially when you know like in this case, the top is going to get ripped at some point and is not a cheap top to replace.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using WF Access
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #20
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
trbogrl08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 61
Images: 3
After looking closer at the warranty info, it looks like they say any damage caused by "negligence, misuse, acts of God, etc." are not covered. That pretty much gets you no coverage since I am sure off roading is lumped into there somewhere, lol, so thanks for making me take a closer look at that! The fine print was pretty fine! lol! Still love the top and am going to order it, just not the extended warranty!






Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
I will never drop $$ for a " lifetime warranty" usually there is small print if you know what I mean. Doesn't make sense. If the warranty is not directly from the manufacturer I would be skeptical, they would lose money I would think?? I could be way wrong on this, I did not do any research but usually there's always something especially when you know like in this case, the top is going to get ripped at some point and is not a cheap top to replace.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using WF Access
trbogrl08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #21
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 34,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbogrl08
After looking closer at the warranty info, it looks like they say any damage caused by "negligence, misuse, acts of God, etc." are not covered. That pretty much gets you no coverage since I am sure off roading is lumped into there somewhere, lol, so thanks for making me take a closer look at that! The fine print was pretty fine! lol! Still love the top and am going to order it, just not the extended warranty!
No problem, glad you caught wind. It did not make sense to me. Im not at all surprised, how else do most people
Rip there top? It doesn't just happen and if it did a normal warranty should cover and probably would take some heavy convincing.

I love the starter kit too?? Another rip for 30 bucks or whatever it cost. BestTop is
an awesome company, they actually make the oem top for jeep. Their products should be ready to go as soon as you install on your jeep

Sent from my iPhone 4 using WF Access
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #22
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
trbogrl08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 61
Images: 3
Thanks again, I will post pics after the install!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
No problem, glad you caught wind. It did not make sense to me. Im not at all surprised, how else do most people
Rip there top? It doesn't just happen and if it did a normal warranty should cover and probably would take some heavy convincing.

I love the starter kit too?? Another rip for 30 bucks or whatever it cost. BestTop is
an awesome company, they actually make the oem top for jeep. Their products should be ready to go as soon as you install on your jeep

Sent from my iPhone 4 using WF Access
trbogrl08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #23
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 34,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbogrl08
Thanks again, I will post pics after the install!
; ) me too, hopefully I won't have to wait long, I am probably going to have to put my old top on until the new one ships

Sent from my iPhone 4 using WF Access
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
andres0101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 409
does anyoe know when the new soft tops are getting released?

__________________
My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude!!!
andres0101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Putting on and taking off soft top tips and advice... Jsquared TJ General Discussion Forum 9 04-17-2012 09:09 PM
Will taking the doors off ruin the paint on hinges...? abw0004 TJ General Discussion Forum 14 02-20-2011 09:59 AM
Taking off in 2nd gear mwashburn General Jeep Discussion 12 12-10-2010 12:06 AM
Found one of my rattles taking off at low speeds in first couple gears. plac JK General Discussion Forum 1 10-11-2010 05:42 PM
Police officer was taking pictures of my liberty wavebacktothetj Off-Topic 15 12-03-2009 02:47 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC