Tired of your interior??? CHANGE IT! - Page 5 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #121
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilYeller
If it aint broke, dont fix it lol
That's exactly what my dad told me when I asked him to do it. He also said it when u asked him to put led tail lights in

__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #122
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilYeller
If it aint broke, dont fix it lol
Ill pick some up in the morning on way home from work. Should I just acetone the beck out of it to get that other stuff off?

__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #123
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Question. I know we've been talking a lot about painting on here, but how bout seats? Again, my interior is all spice, including seats. My seats are also torn all to hell. (PO let jeep be a dog bed in the garage). Both front and rear seat are badly torn. Has anyone had there seats re upholstered? Was wondering if that would be better, or just to buy new seats. I have covers on them now but the cushions are ripped up and they at uncomfortable.
__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #124
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo97wrangler
Question. I know we've been talking a lot about painting on here, but how bout seats? Again, my interior is all spice, including seats. My seats are also torn all to hell. (PO let jeep be a dog bed in the garage). Both front and rear seat are badly torn. Has anyone had there seats re upholstered? Was wondering if that would be better, or just to buy new seats. I have covers on them now but the cushions are ripped up and they at uncomfortable.
And if buying seats is the way to go, any good, cheap places to buy them?
__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #125
Jeeper
 
Granman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 216
I really want to change my interior color. So much dust here the black interior just gets noticeably dirty so fast. Really wish I got one with a tan interior.
Granman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #126
Creepy Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
BLK00TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,194
Great job!

My Jeep is all black with gray interior. I may jazz it up with black accents inside similar to the way you did the red.
__________________
Wheel. Break/Test. Repair/Upgrade. Repeat
BLK00TJ's YouTube Channel -- BLK00TJ's Build
BLK00TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #127
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Ok. What am I doing wrong, I've put a few coats of fusion on my doors, then went to put a coat of DC exact match on. As soon as it starts to dry it get milky looking at isn't wanting to bond with the fusion. I let fusion dry good, can is very well shake'n. I'm confused
__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #128
Jeeper
 
Richey81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo97wrangler
Ok. What am I doing wrong, I've put a few coats of fusion on my doors, then went to put a coat of DC exact match on. As soon as it starts to dry it get milky looking at isn't wanting to bond with the fusion. I let fusion dry good, can is very well shake'n. I'm confused
Did you sand the fusion?
Richey81 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #129
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Very lightly yes.
__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #130
Jeeper
 
alice the cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle/San Diego
Posts: 236
Images: 1
I wonder if it a re-coat window issue. How long after you shot the fusion before you shot the perfect match? What does the fusion can say about the re-coat time?
__________________
99 White Sahara
2002 Hummer 2 door KSC2
alice the cat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #131
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
After the fusion it was a few hours till the re coat. And not sure what the can says. Who reads directions!! Lol
__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #132
Jeeper
 
Commando Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,643
Sand the fusion a little to make the match bond right?
__________________
Will
Forest Green Pearl TJ
4.0L/ 5 speed/ Rampage Soft Top
3" SL/1.25" BL/1" MML
Warn Rear/ ARB full width front Bumper
33x11 Wrangler MTR Kevlar/16" Ultrastar rims
Engo 12k cable
Commando Solo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #133
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Solo
Sand the fusion a little to make the match bond right?
I did. I think it is a bad batch of paint. All of my interior parts turned out perfect, ran out of paint, bought more and started on my doors. Did them exactly as the rest.
__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #134
Jeeper
 
Dragonii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo97wrangler View Post
I did. I think it is a bad batch of paint. All of my interior parts turned out perfect, ran out of paint, bought more and started on my doors. Did them exactly as the rest.

It may be a bad batch. I didn't have any such problems. I let the Fusion dry for 3-4 hours before the Perfect Match was applied, that's it.
Dragonii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #135
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 26
Thought I would add mine to the thread to give people another possible pattern and color for their interior. Did this last week:






Used Krylon Fusion for the green, with a Krylon flat clear coat over the green. (Didn't want anything shiny)
And Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric spray for the black. Also did the center console. Came out really well for my Irish Jeep

-Murphy
__________________
OEF 2013
mac Airt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #136
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac Airt
Thought I would add mine to the thread to give people another possible pattern and color for their interior. Did this last week:

Used Krylon Fusion for the green, with a Krylon flat clear coat over the green. (Didn't want anything shiny)
And Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric spray for the black. Also did the center console. Came out really well for my Irish Jeep

-Murphy
Nice radio. I bet it's really loud
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #137
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinwater View Post
Nice radio. I bet it's really loud
Oh yeah. It seems to get as loud as I can scream.

Nah, I extended the wires on the stereo and put it in the center console. Trying to find a marine wired remote with a display I can stick on the outside of the console so I don't have to open it up to change anything.

-Murphy
__________________
OEF 2013
mac Airt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #138
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac Airt

Oh yeah. It seems to get as loud as I can scream.

Nah, I extended the wires on the stereo and put it in the center console. Trying to find a marine wired remote with a display I can stick on the outside of the console so I don't have to open it up to change anything.

-Murphy
Nice. That's awesome
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #139
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii

It may be a bad batch. I didn't have any such problems. I let the Fusion dry for 3-4 hours before the Perfect Match was applied, that's it.
Not sure. I did prob 4 coats of fusion, 15-20 between coats then let it sit for an hour or so before the DC. It turned out ok.. It looks alright until u get right on it. Ill post pics in a bit
__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #140
Jeeper
 
Leeroy Jeepkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bucks County,PA
Posts: 493
any ideas of what i can do with a black jeep with gray interior? i'm looking to spice things up after replacing my evap coil
Leeroy Jeepkins is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #141
Jeeper
 
LouieDelTorchio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,221
Images: 1
Send a message via MSN to LouieDelTorchio Send a message via Skype™ to LouieDelTorchio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroy Jeepkins
any ideas of what i can do with a black jeep with gray interior? i'm looking to spice things up after replacing my evap coil
I have the same, black jeep gray interior. I'm doing a black and red theme, I've already painted the headlight bezels, jeep symbol on the swaybar cover, hood handle, and hood rubber stoppers all red. I'm thinking of painting the radio bezel and dash speaker covers red also. Just some thoughts.
__________________
Louie Del Torchio
LouieDelTorchio is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #142
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Mine is all black and was spice interior. Im doing black and red. It just fits with me being in the fire service. . Ive got most of my interior done. Gauge cluster had to wait till tomorrow ti be installed. Have to put a new turn signal switch in. Here is what it looks like so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120415_220859.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	114175  
__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #143
Jeeper
 
s14sh3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Clayton, OK
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinwater View Post
Nice radio. I bet it's really loud
I have the same model!
s14sh3r is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #144
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo97wrangler
Mine is all black and was spice interior. Im doing black and red. It just fits with me being in the fire service. . Ive got most of my interior done. Gauge cluster had to wait till tomorrow ti be installed. Have to put a new turn signal switch in. Here is what it looks like so far.
Now I need to figure out what to do with my roll var covers and sound bar.
__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #145
Jeeper
 
Leeroy Jeepkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bucks County,PA
Posts: 493
blacl and red looks really good. thank you. i may steal this
Leeroy Jeepkins is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #146
Jeeper
 
wwch99tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Felton Delaware
Posts: 4,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo97wrangler

Now I need to figure out what to do with my roll var covers and sound bar.
You can paint them too I would try the DC vinyl and fabric
wwch99tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #147
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj

You can paint them too I would try the DC vinyl and fabric
Yeah I was thinking that. Thinking of roll bars black, sound bar red. Whatcha think? Or should I just do all black?
__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #148
Jeeper
 
wwch99tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Felton Delaware
Posts: 4,955
I would do all black....
wwch99tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #149
Jeeper
 
Dragonii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo97wrangler View Post
Not sure. I did prob 4 coats of fusion, 15-20 between coats then let it sit for an hour or so before the DC. It turned out ok.. It looks alright until u get right on it. Ill post pics in a bit

Umm, why are you putting Perfect Match over the Fusion any way?
The only reason I did it was to match my body paint. If you are doing red in a black jeep you don't need anything on top of the Fusion.
Dragonii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #150
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii

Umm, why are you putting Perfect Match over the Fusion any way?
The only reason I did it was to match my body paint. If you are doing red in a black jeep you don't need anything on top of the Fusion.
I didn't like the color of the fusion. It was a orange/red. I think that was the one that was bad

__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC