tires - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
mobgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
tires

OK I have the stock rims and tires what size can I put on without doing any mods

mobgod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
zomby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 156
i have 30 9.50 15 is the biggest i know you can go with stock rims and no mods

__________________
just got my fist jeep 3/3/12, we'll see how it goes
zomby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
dabolt55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Clinton, Tn.
Posts: 11,620
Images: 50
31" on stock suspension, from what I am told.
__________________
Nothing to it but to do it.
SIMPLE AS THAT.

'04 TJ RUBICON, 4.0l auto
2"BDS coils, Rubicon express shocks, 33/12.50/15 Dick Cepek Mud Country tires yellowed out, on Black steel D's.
dabolt55 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Jeeplover1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 15,531
31 is as big as i would go on stock
__________________
Im a Vet and bled for my beliefs and was willing to die for them, what have you done for yours?
Jeeplover1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
mobgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomby
i have 30 9.50 15 is the biggest i know you can go with stock rims and no mods
So I can go 31 9 50 15 correct?
mobgod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
JDT
Jeeper
 
JDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Williamstown or Richmond, KY
Posts: 153
I'm runnin 31-10.50-15 completely stock, I only rub a little bit while turning at full flex
JDT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
zomby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 156
i hear you can run 31s with aftermarket rims the stock has to much off set, but i am not sure on that just what i hear. if JDT is running 31s on stock rims there is your proof like he says only rubs a little at full flex and full turn. which is not a huge deal unless your at full flex and full turn all the, time in wich case i would sugest to move to a place with better every day driving conditions.
__________________
just got my fist jeep 3/3/12, we'll see how it goes
zomby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 39
I just got 31/10.50 duratracs on stock wheels and suspension. Rub at full lock but I am going to do the washer mod this weekend most likely. Other than that no problems and it makes the jeep look 100x better than the stock wranglers that came on it. It's also a better ride surprisingly
zachc113 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
mobgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
[QUOTE="zachc113"]I just got 31/10.50 duratracs on stock wheels and suspension. Rub at full lock but I am going to do the washer mod this weekend most likely. Other than that no problems and it makes the jeep look 100x better than the stock wranglers that came on it. It's also a better ride
Zache where did you get the tires and how much I think I'm going to try the 31’s
mobgod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
mobgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
Will these work 32" tall. 18" rim. 10.03" wide
mobgod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
mobgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
does anyone know if they will work?
mobgod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
zombie & ninja slayer

WF Supporting Member
 
Redsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: southern illinois, no where near chicago (allendale)
Posts: 2,273
They will prob rub , without a bb
__________________

"It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again"
Redsand is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW burbs IL
Posts: 1,075
just get a 1 or 1.25" bl and do some 32s or cut your jeep a bit(its free) and throw on some 33s
__________________
My Low Budget LCG Build
97flexy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
ShakaZulu8402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT
I'm runnin 31-10.50-15 completely stock, I only rub a little bit while turning at full flex
X2 when I bought my jeep the po had this set up and it was fine. If left connected it won't rub at all. Disconnected it will for sure.
ShakaZulu8402 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 04:28 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
mobgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
anyone suggest a place to get rims and tires going to do the 2in puck lift
mobgod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 04:40 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 221
Are you looking for just steel wheels or alloy? What price range? The tires you can get very cheap at www.tirebuyer.com

The wheels I need a little more information.
__________________
Anything worth doing is worth over doing!
chriskelly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 04:42 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
mobgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskelly View Post
Are you looking for just steel wheels or alloy? What price range? The tires you can get very cheap at www.tirebuyer.com

The wheels I need a little more information.
Looking for all black something like the Mickey's
mobgod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 05:19 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 221
I personally won't buy the MT because they are not made here in the USA. They have been outsourced years ago and are built over seas. American Eagle makes a wheel right here in in the USA. They look very similar they are 30 dollars cheaper. They can be powder coated black with the money you save. How is that for an idea?
__________________
Anything worth doing is worth over doing!
chriskelly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
mobgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskelly View Post
I personally won't buy the MT because they are not made here in the USA. They have been outsourced years ago and are built over seas. American Eagle makes a wheel right here in in the USA. They look very similar they are 30 dollars cheaper. They can be powder coated black with the money you save. How is that for an idea?
OK Chris so what do you suggest I get with some meat I live in the Northeast looking for a combo if I can
mobgod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Eldersburg, MD
Posts: 26
Home - Discount Tire Direct You can play around with wheels/rims all day long. They'll even ship them to you mounted and balanced if you'd like. Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and BFGoodrich A/T KOs are the two popular tires. But lots of choices from MT to Hankook, to General Grabbers. Better to jump on to the website and see what appeals to you. Then search reviews. MB makes some cheaper alloy wheels.

33x12.5x15 on a 15x8 rim is very popular. BTW TJ's have a 5x4.5(114.3) bolting pattern.

Also 33x10.5x15 or 32x11.5x15. You might rub with only a 2" BB on the 33's so maybe the 32x11.5 would suit you well. You'll most likely be looking for -19 offset (3.75 Backspace) on the rims themselves. This will allow you to go to the 33x12.5 if you lift your rig more in the future.

Note - being from the Northeast, wider tires are worse in snow/ice.
OffRoadToad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
mobgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadToad View Post
Home - Discount Tire Direct You can play around with wheels/rims all day long. They'll even ship them to you mounted and balanced if you'd like. Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and BFGoodrich A/T KOs are the two popular tires. But lots of choices from MT to Hankook, to General Grabbers. Better to jump on to the website and see what appeals to you. Then search reviews. MB makes some cheaper alloy wheels.

33x12.5x15 on a 15x8 rim is very popular. BTW TJ's have a 5x4.5(114.3) bolting pattern.

Also 33x10.5x15 or 32x11.5x15. You might rub with only a 2" BB on the 33's so maybe the 32x11.5 would suit you well. You'll most likely be looking for -19 offset (3.75 Backspace) on the rims themselves. This will allow you to go to the 33x12.5 if you lift your rig more in the future.

Note - being from the Northeast, wider tires are worse in snow/ice.
ok i'm going to check them out trying to see how i can lift this i was told i can use spacers for a 2in thats all i really want to go right now
mobgod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Eldersburg, MD
Posts: 26
I was just reading your other thread on the lift.

Teraflex 001341200 - TeraFlex 2" Budget Boost Lift Kit without Shocks for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

That is the lift you should buy. Re-uses the stock shocks, which will be good enough for now. Instructions link is on that page if you want to look at them. You should be able to do it in your driveway.

As for the wheels, I suggested the rims with the 3.75 backspacing in case your future wants include wider tires. You are gonna spend 250-450+ on new rims, you might as well get a set that will cover you for pretty much anything you want to do. Tire size is up to you and I'd still recommend the 32x11.5x15 with the Budget Boost I linked above.

Just search the site by sizes- Tires 32 x 11.50 x 15 Wheels(Rims)- 15 x 8 5x114.3(4.5)

2in "lift" with largest recommended tire size for that lift. Cheers!
OffRoadToad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-13-2014, 12:19 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
mobgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadToad View Post
I was just reading your other thread on the lift.

Teraflex 001341200 - TeraFlex 2" Budget Boost Lift Kit without Shocks for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

That is the lift you should buy. Re-uses the stock shocks, which will be good enough for now. Instructions link is on that page if you want to look at them. You should be able to do it in your driveway.

As for the wheels, I suggested the rims with the 3.75 backspacing in case your future wants include wider tires. You are gonna spend 250-450+ on new rims, you might as well get a set that will cover you for pretty much anything you want to do. Tire size is up to you and I'd still recommend the 32x11.5x15 with the Budget Boost I linked above.

Just search the site by sizes- Tires 32 x 11.50 x 15 Wheels(Rims)- 15 x 8 5x114.3(4.5)

2in "lift" with largest recommended tire size for that lift. Cheers!
Thanks looking into the spacers also trying to see what my best bet we'll be

Edit are those the same ones on eBay for 50 bucks??

mobgod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC