I picked up a 1999 TJ Sahara last week. My first Jeep.
It was seriously neglected by the PO, but I have shown it some love since the acquisition:
- changed all fluids (oil, front axle, rear axle, coolant, tranny, power steering)
- rad cap replaced due to rust
- multi-function signal switch replaced due to hazards not working and left signal intermittently working
- rear brake lights not working, brake switch replaced, but the issue was due to the tow harness in the rear shorting out the brake lights. harness is removed for now
- blower motor resistor replaced. fan was only available on highest setting
- clockspring busted and horn is not working. temporary mcgyver ghetto rigged light switch used for the horn
This is a great forum and there is an abundance of knowledge here.
BTW, does anybody know what kind of bumper I have?
I have not seen it on any jeeps, anywhere...