To all the women driving jk's at soccer practice.... - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
JS1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 80
To all the women driving jk's at soccer practice....

Happy Mother's Day

JS1990 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
Newb
 
MrAnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 13
^x2

MrAnon is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Greep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1990 View Post
Happy Mother's Day
I'm sure the moms in their JKs really don't care what someone in a '98 anything thinks about their $35,000 Jeep! :-D
Greep is online now   Quick Reply
Old 05-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
JS1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greep View Post
I'm sure the moms in their JKs really don't care what someone in a '98 anything thinks about their $35,000 Jeep! :-D
maybe so, but I was just alluding to the fact that they are moms
JS1990 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greep View Post
I'm sure the moms in their JKs really don't care what someone in a '98 anything thinks about their $35,000 Jeep! :-D
Most of them think their hubbies got them a Hummer.

You know, as I recall, there was actually a slight price decrease, model for model in 2007 vs 2006. The JK is cheaper to manufacture with all the plastic components and the lack of character lines in the thinner sheet metal is also easier and cheaper to produce along with the 3.8 minivan engine was probably less unit cost than the I6. If a TJU (LJ) were to be built today it would cost closer to 40,000.

When I sold my JK, the first question I was asked, over and over was not what type of axles or lift or even color but they wanted to know if it had power windows and locks!
3X4X4 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 740
Don't worry, on Labor Day the JK owners will return the favor and thank those who don't have job and cant afford a new Jeep.

And be sure to let them know they can have our sloppy seconds when we are done with em
KC_Hawker is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Kane21d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Panama City Beach
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
Don't worry, on Labor Day the JK owners will return the favor and thank those who don't have job and cant afford a new Jeep.

And be sure to let them know they can have our sloppy seconds when we are done with em

HAHA, Touche....

Now I'll just hop in my 1 engine, 280,000 mile Jeep and drive around a bit since you know....it's still reliable and awesome after 21 years.
__________________
Kane
1993 Indestructible YJ
US Army Master Diver
"Choose the harder right over the easier wrong..." CPT Shawn English, KIA 03DEC06
Kane21d is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
JS1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
Don't worry, on Labor Day the JK owners will return the favor and thank those who don't have job and cant afford a new Jeep. And be sure to let them know they can have our sloppy seconds when we are done with em
With a tendency for jeep owners to be a little hard on their rides, and since they tend to have a little more fun then the average American driver...if something would go wrong I would rather have a $4,000 paper weight sitting in my drive way then a $40,000 one. I will give you one thing though, a car seat does fit a little better in a jk...so that's all you
JS1990 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1990 View Post
With a tendency for jeep owners to be a little hard on their rides, and since they tend to have a little more fun then the average American driver...if something would go wrong I would rather have a $4,000 paper weight sitting in my drive way then a $40,000 one. I will give you one thing though, a car seat does fit a little better in a jk...so that's all you
I can understand the cost thing, that's why I will not wheel mine until it paid off and I ha e a different driver.

The car seat I wouldn't know about, I got rid of those a long time ago. I don't think they fit when you have no rear seat either.

I do like the JK better than the TJ because at my height and shoulder width, I fit in it better. The TJ fit a little better than the Samurai, but both still felt like they were built for 5 ' drivers.
KC_Hawker is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 51
Soccer moms are the best!
TjMtl is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 07:30 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Wattapunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North TX
Posts: 1,893
OP, not sure what your angle is on posting this thread regarding JK's in a TJ forum but you can expect some backlash from JK owners. Although I prefer the classic look of the 2dr Jeeps vs. the more comfortable spacious 4 drs, I still respect that it's still a Jeep. You should post this in the JK forum if you really want to wish the JK mom's a Happy Mother's Day.
Wattapunk is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #12
Bet
Jeeper
 
Bet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 219
As far as I'm concerned, other people driving jeeps "soccer moms" etc is a good thing. Keeps the company alive, and gives me nice used vehicles to buy a few years down the road.
__________________
Ol' Red - '00 TJ

Bet is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
JS1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 80
It was just supposed to spark some interest and have people click the thread. I don't really hate jk's. I guess fun posts aren't allowed
JS1990 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Sjtoby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 54
I think this was a great funny post. I am a JK owner (and a TJ owner!) and all that plastic crap molding all around the inside of the JK I call "soccer mom molding". I pulled all the soccer mom molding from around the windshield within two hours of owning the jeep.
Sjtoby is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
JS1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjtoby View Post
I think this was a great funny post. I am a JK owner (and a TJ owner!) and all that plastic crap molding all around the inside of the JK I call "soccer mom molding". I pulled all the soccer mom molding from around the windshield within two hours of owning the jeep.
thank you!
JS1990 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
K.wag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Roseburg, Oregon
Posts: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1990 View Post
With a tendency for jeep owners to be a little hard on their rides, and since they tend to have a little more fun then the average American driver...if something would go wrong I would rather have a $4,000 paper weight sitting in my drive way then a $40,000 one. I will give you one thing though, a car seat does fit a little better in a jk...so that's all you
Wheeling doesn't have to include roll-over prone 'oh sh!t' moments. Haha I wheel mine hard and have never worried about it being a complete loss at any point on the trail. 10k or 40k, I would rather get my money's worth than worry about keeping it shiny and clean. The more you damage on a jeep (I have gotten my fair share of dents) the more you realize that just about everything on a jeep has oem or aftermarket replacement readily available. Aaaaand if you can afford 40k for a brand new jeep, you should be able to afford to wheel it and repair it.
K.wag is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
skarpyona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 17
Good chuckle out of this post :-)
skarpyona is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
SlightlyMoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
I can understand the cost thing, that's why I will not wheel mine until it paid off and I ha e a different driver. The car seat I wouldn't know about, I got rid of those a long time ago. I don't think they fit when you have no rear seat either. I do like the JK better than the TJ because at my height and shoulder width, I fit in it better. The TJ fit a little better than the Samurai, but both still felt like they were built for 5 ' drivers.
Im 6'3 and my tj has more room than my dads jk my head easily could hit a jk rollbar... My last vehicle was a single cab yota so dont school me
On "comfort". Lol ik we all friends here
SlightlyMoto is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #19
Newb
 
Hghstrng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 11
Where is the popcorn?
Hghstrng is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyMoto View Post
Im 6'3 and my tj has more room than my dads jk my head easily could hit a jk rollbar... My last vehicle was a single cab yota so dont school me
On "comfort". Lol ik we all friends here
Noticed ya skipped the shoulder width. Ya may be tall but a bean pole. Do you have a nice V shape or are you like a 2x4? I like the width of the JK - my shoulder still brushes the door and is still over half of the armrest...
KC_Hawker is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
JS1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 80
Yeah I mean it is a wrangler...jk :P
JS1990 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
K.wag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Roseburg, Oregon
Posts: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
Noticed ya skipped the shoulder width. Ya may be tall but a bean pole. Do you have a nice V shape or are you like a 2x4? I like the width of the JK - my shoulder still brushes the door and is still over half of the armrest...
You like that JK width until you do a narrow trail that your JK will have a hard time squeezing through while the rest of us dont even bat an eye...
oh wait, we already established JK's are for driving kids to soccer practice

K.wag is offline   Quick Reply
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC