This is a response I made and copied from a similar thread.
You need to decide on a few things before anyone can give you a straight answer.
1. What V8? GM LS? 5.7 Hemi, Dodge Magnum? What type of transmission? Each engine will require a different build plan.
2. How much are you willing/able to spend?
3. Have you already upgraded your axles? A Dana 35 aint gonna do it.
4. Do you have the tools and ability to to this yourself or are you having it professionally done?
5. What type of inspection/emmissions standards do you have to meet?
6. Have you done any research on whats actually involved in doing a V8 conversion?
Put some answers to these questions and you'll get a better response from those of us who have done it.
98 TJ 5.7 Hemi, 545RFE, G2 D44, HP30, 4.10s & ARBs, RE 4.5 LA, 35 in MTRs on 15x10 alloys, Gen Right G3 Aluminum fenders/rear flares, Warn 9.5 CTi w/ Amsteel Blue, Premier Welder, Savvy rockers, Rampage top, a few other goodies..
Link to build thread..http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...rsion-1277803/