Viking Fastback Soft Top Help - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Scooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 238
Viking Fastback Soft Top Help

I have been checking out this top since the thread came up, but I have a few questions. I have a 2002 Wrangler Sport with a factory hard top, so I checked with Viking on what else I will need and they told me the following:
1-Door Surrounds
2-Tailgate Bar Kit
3-Windshield Channel
I understand the windshield channel, but the other two items Iam not sure of, Iam new to the Wrangler world. Iam not sure what the other two items do, or how they function and work with this top. Do these items need to be removed when I install the hard top in the winter? They sent me a couple of links for the door surrounds and the tailgate bar kit, wow! adding those items makes the top a little spendy. I was prepared for the top and windshield channel, but the other parts really add to the expense and make me wonder if this is what I want to do. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks, Scooby

Scooby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
Yes, you'll need all of those items you listed. I bought my door surrounds here: http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc? They were about half the price of all the other places I checked. You cannot use the door surrounds with your hard top - they'll need to be removed.

The windshield channel is a BesTop bolt-on item. It fits on the top of the windshield and this id what secures the top to the Jeep.

The tailgate bar kit is an OEM item. I'm sure you can find them using the link I posted above. These are to secure the rear of the top to the tub of the Jeep.

HTH

__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
mrbigjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,288
what was total full price with EVERYTHING including shipping?
mrbigjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
coilovers are damn flexy
 
bluvikng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Scout View Post
Yes, you'll need all of those items you listed. I bought my door surrounds here: http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc? They were about half the price of all the other places I checked. You cannot use the door surrounds with your hard top - they'll need to be removed.

The windshield channel is a BesTop bolt-on item. It fits on the top of the windshield and this id what secures the top to the Jeep.

The tailgate bar kit is an OEM item. I'm sure you can find them using the link I posted above. These are to secure the rear of the top to the tub of the Jeep.

HTH
Ditto.........it is not that bad of a deal.......with a soft top, you need those items, anyway.
bluvikng is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #5
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
Hopefully I can recoup some of the cost of mine by selling the OEM soft top. My OEM is brand spankin new. This is the first year its ever been on and I think I've driven it less that 10 times since I put it on. If so, that should pay for a big chunk of the cost of the Viking.

Fingers crossed....
__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2007, 01:00 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
binaryking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elverson
Posts: 1,249
Send a message via Yahoo to binaryking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Scout View Post
Hopefully I can recoup some of the cost of mine by selling the OEM soft top. My OEM is brand spankin new. This is the first year its ever been on and I think I've driven it less that 10 times since I put it on. If so, that should pay for a big chunk of the cost of the Viking.

Fingers crossed....
Yeah I've been waiting for those viking tops, my top is 7 years old, but now that they're here, I am unemployed and out of cash. Ahh such is life I guess. How is the top though? I bet it's pretty sweet. What is the noise level like?
__________________
Victory shall be mine!!!

2000 TJ Sport 4.0L
2002 WJ Sport 4.7L

Buncha junk I've spent hard earned money on.


Sorry I couldn't resist. It's the third grader in me coming out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...chris/logo.jpg
binaryking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #7
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryking View Post
Yeah I've been waiting for those viking tops, my top is 7 years old, but now that they're here, I am unemployed and out of cash. Ahh such is life I guess. How is the top though? I bet it's pretty sweet. What is the noise level like?
It hasn't arrived yet. I'll let you know in about a week.

__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Viking fastback top debruins General Jeep Discussion 59 11-22-2007 06:17 AM
WTB: Viking Soft top AzTrailRunner Classifieds Archive 2 09-22-2007 02:33 PM
Viking soft top information Scout General Jeep Discussion 0 02-08-2007 10:39 AM
Khaki Diamond Viking Soft Top gcdcpakmbs TJ General Discussion Forum 3 01-29-2007 09:39 PM
Viking Soft Top.......... Again Scooby TJ General Discussion Forum 13 01-25-2007 02:06 AM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC