what happened to my TJ on friday. a warning. - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
tazoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 129
Having drag link issues with mine, thinking ill have my buddy (A.S.E. certified mechanic who owns a tj & jk) run through my suspension. Hit a divet in the road and steering went slack.

tazoez is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
TheDesertOutlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazoez View Post
Having drag link issues with mine, thinking ill have my buddy (A.S.E. certified mechanic who owns a tj & jk) run through my suspension. Hit a divet in the road and steering went slack.
You need to check the bolts on your drag link to make sure they are tight. You can do this in about 5 minutes (before driving your Jeep). Be safe.

__________________
4" Pro Comp, 35s
4" 33" to 35"
TheDesertOutlaw is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
tazoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertOutlaw View Post

You need to check the bolts on your drag link to make sure they are tight. You can do this in about 5 minutes (before driving your Jeep). Be safe.
They are tight. Just checked them. There is play on the drivers side link.
tazoez is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #34
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Under my Jeep in beautiful upstate N.Y.
Posts: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertOutlaw View Post
You need to check the bolts on your drag link to make sure they are tight. You can do this in about 5 minutes (before driving your Jeep). Be safe.
Yes they need to be tight,BUT. Last week me and a buddy did a 4.5 hr trip to Rausch Creek.I saw this thread before I left & cranked those nuts tight.So we do our 9hr day of wheeling and the next day we check out Jeeps over before heading home & I somehow noticed the one end that goes into that sleeve twists ie-not tight.HOLY SH*T I think.I put a wrench on the nuts & yup,there tight but the sleeve isnt.I had to back off the nuts,lube them & reposition the "collars" So just because the nuts are tight dont assume the sleeve is.I almost poped myself when I saw how loose they were.
1jeeplvr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
tazoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 129
So I called stealership... Popped in for quick looksey at drag link. Drivers side link blown, passenger side boot shot. We are hoping pitman arm is ok...

Sadfully I knew this, on the other hand, free fix with my warranty (if they don't screw me over and try to refuse)
tazoez is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
TheDesertOutlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeeplvr View Post
Yes they need to be tight,BUT. Last week me and a buddy did a 4.5 hr trip to Rausch Creek.I saw this thread before I left & cranked those nuts tight.So we do our 9hr day of wheeling and the next day we check out Jeeps over before heading home & I somehow noticed the one end that goes into that sleeve twists ie-not tight.HOLY SH*T I think.I put a wrench on the nuts & yup,there tight but the sleeve isnt.I had to back off the nuts,lube them & reposition the "collars" So just because the nuts are tight dont assume the sleeve is.I almost poped myself when I saw how loose they were.
Wow. Good thing you checked the "collars". No wonder so many Jeeps get trailered to and from...
__________________
4" Pro Comp, 35s
4" 33" to 35"
TheDesertOutlaw is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 524
Send a message via Yahoo to ChaddG
Dayum smokey! new definition to tree hugger? glad everyone made it
ChaddG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #38
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Under my Jeep in beautiful upstate N.Y.
Posts: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertOutlaw View Post
Wow. Good thing you checked the "collars". No wonder so many Jeeps get trailered to and from...
From now on before I go on any trips & even every week of everyday driving Im going to check that collar.

1jeeplvr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC