What I did to my TJ today - Page 698 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #20911
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,713
like I said I see those, but I'm not ordering a part when I need my jeep to run, you buy it from a local auto parts store....and I've bought something from partsgeek.com before, pricks screwed it up! I'll stick with my $80 CPS I know is warranties easily, and I can get 30% off of....

We're aren't saying you're wrong, just not the usual price you hear

__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #20912
Jeeper
 
Sincal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Visalia CA
Posts: 77
It may have been more I just remember that I was surprised at how cheap it was when I bought it.

Sincal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #20913
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincal View Post
It may have been more I just remember that I was surprised at how cheap it was when I bought it.
yeah that's our reaction, $15 is pretty cheap, I'm not sure if I would trust it, but then again, I'm famous for buying the cheapest product possible!
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #20914
Jeeper
 
Sincal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Visalia CA
Posts: 77
Wasn't trying to start an argument over price. Was just offering a suggestion as to what the problem may be.

When asked about how much it was ,trying to remember I just googled it and that's what came up.

I just remember it being a pretty inexpensive and pretty easy fix.

I literally couldn't get it to start and just jumped on this forum while I was still sitting in the jeep and that's what came up so I went with it ! Lol
Sincal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #20915
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincal View Post
Wasn't trying to start an argument over price. Was just offering a suggestion as to what the problem may be. When asked about how much it was ,trying to remember I just googled it and that's what came up. I just remember it being a pretty inexpensive and pretty easy fix. I literally couldn't get it to start and just jumped on this forum while I was still sitting in the jeep and that's what came up so I went with it ! Lol
oh I wasn't arguing lol, you'll know when I'm arguing. I argue amazingly well, and use colorful words lol
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #20916
Jeeper
 
EnglishBulldog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: West Central Iowa
Posts: 460
I installed my Smittybuilt G.E.AR.R tailgate cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3055230231.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	460753  
EnglishBulldog1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #20917
Tinkerer

WF Supporting Member
 
EN3RGIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishBulldog1 View Post
I installed my Smittybuilt G.E.AR.R tailgate cover.
I've been eyeballing this for a bit now. How do you like it so far? Does it take up all the space behind the rear seat?
__________________
Can't decide on a sig...
EN3RGIX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #20918
Jeeper
 
EnglishBulldog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: West Central Iowa
Posts: 460
I like it so far. You can pack a lot into them. I have removed my back seat so I can not help you there.
EnglishBulldog1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #20919
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by EN3RGIX View Post
I've been eyeballing this for a bit now. How do you like it so far? Does it take up all the space behind the rear seat?
takes up quite a bit I space behind the rear seat. My experience was the tailgate one eventually began to sag, i just have the GEAR overhead console now, great place for my cb and other stuff
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #20920
Tinkerer

WF Supporting Member
 
EN3RGIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbostixxx View Post
takes up quite a bit I space behind the rear seat. My experience was the tailgate one eventually began to sag, i just have the GEAR overhead console now, great place for my cb and other stuff
Does the overhead one come with all the hardware you need, or did you have to fab something from the windshield to the soundbar?
__________________
Can't decide on a sig...
EN3RGIX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #20921
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by EN3RGIX View Post
Does the overhead one come with all the hardware you need, or did you have to fab something from the windshield to the soundbar?
comes with EVERYTHING. Expensive but worth it, works great for my cb, my registration and insurance, my flashlight, and anything else I want to put up there. Coolest thing, between my book bag and the overhead console (and if I were to have the tailgate one installed or the seats one) I have plenty of storage I can just move around to wherever I need it.
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #20922
Jeeper
 
EnglishBulldog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: West Central Iowa
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbostixxx View Post
takes up quite a bit I space behind the rear seat. My experience was the tailgate one eventually began to sag, i just have the GEAR overhead console now, great place for my cb and other stuff
Now you got me worried. How long before it started to sag? Did you overload the bags?
EnglishBulldog1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 01:11 AM   #20923
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishBulldog1 View Post
Now you got me worried. How long before it started to sag? Did you overload the bags?
oh I'm sure I overloaded it lol, that's my nature lol, but it took about a year, may have just been me, I have heard great things from others
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #20924
Jeeper
 
UN150N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santee Ca
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by EN3RGIX View Post

Does the overhead one come with all the hardware you need, or did you have to fab something from the windshield to the soundbar?
I have a brand new one for sale.. It's posted in the classified section
UN150N is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #20925
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
bcv1218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 22
Smile Heading out.

Filled her up with gas and essentials, now ready to head out elk hunting for a week.
bcv1218 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #20926
Jeeper
 
Driftrage25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv1218 View Post
Filled her up with gas and essentials, now ready to head out elk hunting for a week.
Lucky sob
Driftrage25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #20927
Jeeper
 
elclipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 751
Got it back from the shop. The transmission is smooth and quieter than it has ever been.
__________________
Semper Fi

Black Stallion Build
elclipo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #20928
Jeeper
 
Kimi725's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclipo View Post
Got it back from the shop. The transmission is smooth and quieter than it has ever been.
Can I ask what was wrong with it? I had to have mine in a transmission shop too and I am just curious as too if what was wrong with mine is common. And if I should look forward to it again.
__________________
You. Yes, you there.. OFF.
Kimi725 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #20929
Jeeper
 
Norcal73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv1218 View Post
Filled her up with gas and essentials, now ready to head out elk hunting for a week.
I'm jealous!
Norcal73 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #20930
Jeeper
 
elclipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi725 View Post
Can I ask what was wrong with it? I had to have mine in a transmission shop too and I am just curious as too if what was wrong with mine is common. And if I should look forward to it again.

This time it was the synchronizer springs. Apparently a couple of them were broken.

It has been in the shop three times starting with a rebuilt transmission put in that failed almost immediately. Then they put this one that was fully rebuilt (pretty positive it is my original transmission with all new parts). It has been working great for over six months but I noticed the synchronization for gears 2 and 3 were slow and sloppy.

The funny thing is that there had to be something different done during assembly because it is extremely quite now, not that I am complaining. I can hear my engine now
__________________
Semper Fi

Black Stallion Build
elclipo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #20931
Jeeper
 
Kimi725's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclipo View Post

This time it was the synchronizer springs. Apparently a couple of them were broken.

It has been in the shop three times starting with a rebuilt transmission put in that failed almost immediately. Then they put this one that was fully rebuilt (pretty positive it is my original transmission with all new parts). It has been working great for over six months but I noticed the synchronization for gears 2 and 3 were slow and sloppy.

The funny thing is that there had to be something different done during assembly because it is extremely quite now, not that I am complaining. I can hear my engine now
Ahh mine was other stuff. But nothing with my tranny. Still cost about 2700 after all. But gotta love a warranty.
__________________
You. Yes, you there.. OFF.
Kimi725 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #20932
Jeeper
 
elclipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi725 View Post
Ahh mine was other stuff. But nothing with my tranny. Still cost about 2700 after all. But gotta love a warranty.
Definitely glad I have a warranty on the transmission.

That's a nice looking TJ you got there BTW.
__________________
Semper Fi

Black Stallion Build
elclipo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #20933
Jeeper
 
Kimi725's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclipo View Post

Definitely glad I have a warranty on the transmission.

That's a nice looking TJ you got there BTW.
Thank ya. She need some work done. LOL
__________________
You. Yes, you there.. OFF.
Kimi725 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #20934
Jeeper
 
elclipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi725 View Post
Thank ya. She need some work done. LOL
Don't they all?
__________________
Semper Fi

Black Stallion Build
elclipo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #20935
Jeeper
 
jherrington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,022
It started today!!!
__________________
98 TJ sport 4.0L I6 356,000 miles.
No Engine, axle, tranny, or t-case rebuilds.
Check out my 5.3 swap in progress here!
jherrington is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #20936
Jeeper
 
elclipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrington View Post
It started today!!!
__________________
Semper Fi

Black Stallion Build
elclipo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #20937
Jeeper
 
quantumracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rowlett, Texas
Posts: 537
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishBulldog1 View Post
I installed my Smittybuilt G.E.AR.R tailgate cover.
I've had mine since 2010. The sun will fade it, but I like knowing I always have bungie cords, cotter pins, and jumper cables with me!
__________________
quantumracer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #20938
Keep Calm & Chive On!

WF Supporting Member
 
unlimitedsoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 681
Took the jeep on a lil road trip and found a minion from despicable me on the side of the road

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2570335592.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	461585



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2888894568.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	461593
__________________

OATH KEEPER!!
2004 LJ Build Thread
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/20...ld-258949.html
unlimitedsoldier is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #20939
Jeeper
 
Nashorn101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 432
Got the transmission fluid changed, front end aligned after my 2" lift, steering wheel aligned, and this weekend i'm changing the oil, oil filter, and differential fluid.
__________________
Shale Green Metallic, 2002 Jeep TJ X, 4.0L I6, 5-speed
.________
/l_|,
[____],
l--|--L--OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o--)_)
Nashorn101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #20940
Jeeper
 
TheBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dominician Republic
Posts: 114
Just put my fenders back on! I cut them and painted them yesterday.

TheBlackPearl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One Problem After Another Today :( vin211 TJ General Discussion Forum 2 01-10-2014 09:42 PM
Officially a JEEP owner today rico334 TJ General Discussion Forum 24 12-17-2013 02:36 AM
Tops switch today mishel JK General Discussion Forum 4 06-23-2009 02:00 PM
Today is my Anniversary! jeeptales Off-Topic 13 04-03-2006 02:44 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC