What Non-Jeepers have said about your TJ - Page 13 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #361
Jeeper
 
Juhcohbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99black
anytime my girlfriend rides with me and i wave at a fellow jeeper, she always saying im a weirdo. she doesnt understand the wave despite explaining it multiple times.

anytime people in my neighborhood talks about us, they call us the "jeep people". we have 2 TJs (mine and my bros) and one JK(my dads)
X2 my girlfriend gives me a hard time everytime I stick half my body put the jeep and wave at anything that says jeep....

Juhcohbee is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #362
Jeeper
 
CMA_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hixson, TN
Posts: 3,167
Send a message via Yahoo to CMA_Rider
I've had several people tell me to go to a mechanic to fix whatever broke/wornout. I just tell them I am my mechanic these vehicles are easy to fix.

__________________
2003 White TJ Sport 4.0 5 speed D44 w/ Aussie Locker 3.73 tow pkg 3"BDS, 4"N20 Shocks 1.25bl 1.25mml Swaybarless-F&R 33x12.50r15
2001 customized Suzuki Intruder 1500 100hp Harley Killer
70 CJ5 Build
CMA_Rider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #363
Jeeper
 
Mulvihill64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMA_Rider
I've had several people tell me to go to a mechanic to fix whatever broke/wornout. I just tell them I am my mechanic these vehicles are easy to fix.
x2
__________________
My Build
Mulvihill64 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #364
Jeeper
 
Moabrubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMA_Rider
I've had several people tell me to go to a mechanic to fix whatever broke/wornout. I just tell them I am my mechanic these vehicles are easy to fix.
Yup people always ask why my mechanic takes so long.

I just tell people its broken when im upgrading it because they dont understand.
Moabrubi is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #365
Jeeper
 
CMA_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hixson, TN
Posts: 3,167
Send a message via Yahoo to CMA_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Yup people always ask why my mechanic takes so long.

I just tell people its broken when im upgrading it because they dont understand.
x2 better to upgrade than replace
__________________
2003 White TJ Sport 4.0 5 speed D44 w/ Aussie Locker 3.73 tow pkg 3"BDS, 4"N20 Shocks 1.25bl 1.25mml Swaybarless-F&R 33x12.50r15
2001 customized Suzuki Intruder 1500 100hp Harley Killer
70 CJ5 Build
CMA_Rider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #366
Jeeper
 
SuaSponte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 105
A jeep is the one time I agree with not following "if it ain't broken don't change it". Because its so much more fun to change it.
SuaSponte is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #367
Jeeper
 
CMA_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hixson, TN
Posts: 3,167
Send a message via Yahoo to CMA_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuaSponte
A jeep is the one time I agree with not following "if it ain't broken don't change it". Because its so much more fun to change it.
__________________
2003 White TJ Sport 4.0 5 speed D44 w/ Aussie Locker 3.73 tow pkg 3"BDS, 4"N20 Shocks 1.25bl 1.25mml Swaybarless-F&R 33x12.50r15
2001 customized Suzuki Intruder 1500 100hp Harley Killer
70 CJ5 Build
CMA_Rider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #368
Jeeper
 
LilYeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Florida U.S.A
Posts: 2,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Yup people always ask why my mechanic takes so long.

I just tell people its broken when im upgrading it because they dont understand.
Amen...
__________________

Random Guy: "Is there anywhere that thing cant go?"
Me: "Yea, past a gas station..."

Build thread: My Lil' Yeller Jeep, Paracord Grab handles ~ how to make your own
Keep on Jeepin on!
LilYeller is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #369
Jeeper
 
plydrty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 41
i went through the mcdonalds drive thru one day with doors off and the lady at the window goes "what happend to your doors arnt you afraid of falling out of it while driving?" probly best one i have heard or i used to work for a lube center and a guy brought in a 2010 jk and said "i wish my jeep looked like that!"
__________________
-plydrty- A.K.A peep
plydrty is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #370
Jeeper
 
Slater451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 789
I worked with a kid at a fast food place once. I came to work with my doors off. He asked me what would happen if I got t-boned by a big truck ie. an F 350 duelly. I said. Well I guess I'd die. The look of sheer terror on his face was priceless !!!
Not that I would die but im sure it would not feel good......
Slater451 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #371
Jeeper
 
fan of fanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater451
I worked with a kid at a fast food place once. I came to work with my doors off. He asked me what would happen if I got t-boned by a big truck ie. an F 350 duelly. I said. Well I guess I'd die. The look of sheer terror on his face was priceless !!!
Not that I would die but im sure it would not feel good......
I think getting t-boned by an f-350 duelly would kill most vehicles. Don't think a Camry or Accord with doors would fare much better.
__________________
not
/nät/
adverb
1. used with an auxiliary verb or “be” to form the negative
2. used as a short substitute for a negative clause
"Not actually a backer of this thought"
fan of fanboys is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #372
Jeeper
 
bmpage84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MASSACHUSETTS, Somerset
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99black View Post
anytime my girlfriend rides with me and i wave at a fellow jeeper, she always saying im a weirdo. she doesnt understand the wave despite explaining it multiple times.

anytime people in my neighborhood talks about us, they call us the "jeep people". we have 2 TJs (mine and my bros) and one JK(my dads)

x2 My neighbor asked if I knew that there were other vehicles available besides Jeep. I told him I was totally unaware! (Between my brothers family and mine 2 TJ's, 2 XJs, 1 ZJ, and 1 KJ) Sometimes on Saturday my driveway looks like a dealership!
__________________
Happy Trails!

Chrome on a Jeep is like a hot chick with herpes!

bmpage84 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #373
Jeeper
 
LilYeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Florida U.S.A
Posts: 2,590
New guy gets hired at work he drives a JK. I asked him what year it was and he says "Umm... 2000... 10 or 11, Im not sure" Yea, he gets ignored 100% of the time now.

Then my friend says "why does his Jeep look so girly?"
__________________

Random Guy: "Is there anywhere that thing cant go?"
Me: "Yea, past a gas station..."

Build thread: My Lil' Yeller Jeep, Paracord Grab handles ~ how to make your own
Keep on Jeepin on!
LilYeller is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #374
Jeeper
 
hunterthetipman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilYeller View Post
Amen...
That is so funny, I work at a parts store part time (mainly for the discount and the charge account) and the other employees there tell me to get another vehicle because I am always working on something on my TJ. I tell them I am not fixing broken parts, I am making it better. The majority of them drive rice rockets!
hunterthetipman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #375
Jeeper
 
TheHexIsReal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Triad, NC
Posts: 161
Driving my jeep in my parents pasture... "Watch the ditch, your father got his tractor stuck in it" ... Drives in and out of ditch
__________________
go hard or go home
TheHexIsReal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #376
Jeeper
 
brandon-99tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan of fanboys

I think getting t-boned by an f-350 duelly would kill most vehicles. Don't think a Camry or Accord with doors would fare much better.
No they wouldnt. I build the Camry. Specifically the doors, so i just shake my head when people say things like that.
brandon-99tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #377
Jeeper
 
Moabrubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon-99tj View Post
No they wouldnt. I build the Camry. Specifically the doors, so i just shake my head when people say things like that.
Agreed. unless your driving an Abrams tank, 9,500lbs of steel going 50mph through an intersection won't end good for whoever gets hit. i don't care how much crumple zone technology whizz bang 98 airbags technology there is.

I think people definitely get a false sense of security with 5 star safety rating and such.
Moabrubi is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #378
Jeeper
 
NCLJ05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 20
I came out of the grocery store and found a lady waiting to ask what color my jeep is.

Whenever my wife goes somewhere when I am home she asks ..." can I take the wrangler?"
NCLJ05 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #379
Jeeper
 
Tanks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 488
I'm not a cool kid with a TJ but I had my YJ on a job site the other day and the coordinator there for the day said, "You're not from here are you?" And I asked why she would ask and that I was born and raised in LA and she said, "Oh, it's just that I'm from Utah and used to seeing things like that there and not here. Good job on bringing it to the city."
Made me smile.
Tanks is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #380
Newb
 
badlittlemunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Spring City, PA
Posts: 10
Images: 1
Friend: "That smell... Is it gasoline or whiskey?"
Me: "Yes."
badlittlemunky is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #381
Jeeper
 
TJspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanks
I'm not a cool kid with a TJ but I had my YJ on a job site the other day and the coordinator there for the day said, "You're not from here are you?" And I asked why she would ask and that I was born and raised in LA and she said, "Oh, it's just that I'm from Utah and used to seeing things like that there and not here. Good job on bringing it to the city."
Made me smile.
I was in LA in September and never really saw any Jeeps much less lifted Jeeps.

And LA btw is a whole different world. Crazy...
__________________
2000 solar yellow 4.0 sport 3" BDS, 1.25" JKS body lift, 1" Zone motor lift, JKS quicker disconnects, 33x10.5 BFG KM2 on black american racing wheels. D44 rear.

TJspeed is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #382
Jeeper
 
JVLemur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 4,477
Had this earlier today from a coworker.

"Hey dude just bought my daughter a 2010 wrangler! Do you know where I can get a nice set of 24s?"
I said, the tires it comes with should be 31s but I'm not sure on the newer models.
He goes and says"no dude I meant the rims, I'm looking for a chromed set, any ideas?"
I told him I'm not willing to help take a good jeep to the slaughter house, and to ask a hummer owner.
__________________
Don't follow the Hype, follow your Heart.
JVLemur is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #383
Newb
 
Tami-La's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK00TJ
Even funnier is the people that say "I used to have a Jeep". Then they stare at yours with sad, regretful eyes. That's why I'll never get rid of mine. I don't want to be "That guy".
I just bought "that guy's" Jeep.
:bigsillygrin:
__________________
Tami-La
Tami-La is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #384
Newb
 
Peeps05TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lemoore CA
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlittlemunky
Friend: "That smell... Is it gasoline or whiskey?"
Me: "Yes."
I love it! Lol
__________________
Jeep, there can be only one!
Peeps05TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #385
Jeeper
 
bmpage84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MASSACHUSETTS, Somerset
Posts: 530
I stopped at the gas station yesterday morning on my way to work. My Jeep was covered in mud from wheelin' over the weekend. As I'm pumping gas, a 2013 JKU with dealer tags rolled up on the other side. Out pops this bubbly fat guy in a suit and he comes over to my side of the pump, shakes my hand, gives me a business card. (salesman at the Jeep dealer down the street) He looks at my TJ and says, "Wow, what a mess, don't you think it's time to get rid of that and get one of these."
Just to bust his a$$, I peeked around the pump to look at it, then looked back at him and said; "Unless your gonna give it to me for free, so I can sell it and use the money for mods, you'll have to pry my TJ from my cold dead hands!" His big smile quickly faded, and he went back to his side to pump some gas. He never said another word. As I pulled away from the pump I tossed his card in the trash can at the end of the island! Sure it was rude, but I really detest pushy car salesmen. The nerve, calling my beautiful muddy TJ a mess!
__________________
Happy Trails!

Chrome on a Jeep is like a hot chick with herpes!

bmpage84 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #386
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Posts: 35
This weekend I took a side job working security at an Off-Road park for a concert they were having(I am a cop, don't bash me) When a co-worker asked me if I wanted to work the job I asked if I could bring my jeep instead of my 4-wheeler. He said sure but I don't know what your gonna do with it, I laughed. When I showed up I was working with three other guys who I have worked with for 15 years or more and they all brought their ATV's. None of them had ever seen my jeep so after about 15 minutes of ohhh's and ahhh's the comment was made again, "What are you gonna do when we are having fun on the trails". I giggled again.

I don't know how many times I heard, "Hey man come and try this".

Yesterday I walked by one of them and they were on craigslist looking for a TJ.

ta2240 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #387
Jeeper
 
bmpage84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MASSACHUSETTS, Somerset
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2240 View Post
This weekend I took a side job working security at an Off-Road park for a concert they were having(I am a cop, don't bash me) When a co-worker asked me if I wanted to work the job I asked if I could bring my jeep instead of my 4-wheeler. He said sure but I don't know what your gonna do with it, I laughed. When I showed up I was working with three other guys who I have worked with for 15 years or more and they all brought their ATV's. None of them had ever seen my jeep so after about 15 minutes of ohhh's and ahhh's the comment was made again, "What are you gonna do when we are having fun on the trails". I giggled again.

I don't know how many times I heard, "Hey man come and try this".

Yesterday I walked by one of them and they were on craigslist looking for a TJ.

Damn! I never get good details like that!

Nice rig BTW!
__________________
Happy Trails!

Chrome on a Jeep is like a hot chick with herpes!

bmpage84 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #388
Jeeper
 
cmoens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in the woods
Posts: 132
From a friend: Why did you buy that thing? Your Mazda gets better milage.
Took her for a ride.
Her: Oh...
Nuff said.
cmoens is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #389
Jeeper
 
CMA_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hixson, TN
Posts: 3,167
Send a message via Yahoo to CMA_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpage84 View Post
I stopped at the gas station yesterday morning on my way to work. My Jeep was covered in mud from wheelin' over the weekend. As I'm pumping gas, a 2013 JKU with dealer tags rolled up on the other side. Out pops this bubbly fat guy in a suit and he comes over to my side of the pump, shakes my hand, gives me a business card. (salesman at the Jeep dealer down the street) He looks at my TJ and says, "Wow, what a mess, don't you think it's time to get rid of that and get one of these."
Just to bust his a$$, I peeked around the pump to look at it, then looked back at him and said; "Unless your gonna give it to me for free, so I can sell it and use the money for mods, you'll have to pry my TJ from my cold dead hands!" His big smile quickly faded, and he went back to his side to pump some gas. He never said another word. As I pulled away from the pump I tossed his card in the trash can at the end of the island! Sure it was rude, but I really detest pushy car salesmen. The nerve, calling my beautiful muddy TJ a mess!
I would have said the same thing
__________________
2003 White TJ Sport 4.0 5 speed D44 w/ Aussie Locker 3.73 tow pkg 3"BDS, 4"N20 Shocks 1.25bl 1.25mml Swaybarless-F&R 33x12.50r15
2001 customized Suzuki Intruder 1500 100hp Harley Killer
70 CJ5 Build
CMA_Rider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #390
Jeeper
 
noobjeeper69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpage84
I stopped at the gas station yesterday morning on my way to work. My Jeep was covered in mud from wheelin' over the weekend. As I'm pumping gas, a 2013 JKU with dealer tags rolled up on the other side. Out pops this bubbly fat guy in a suit and he comes over to my side of the pump, shakes my hand, gives me a business card. (salesman at the Jeep dealer down the street) He looks at my TJ and says, "Wow, what a mess, don't you think it's time to get rid of that and get one of these."
Just to bust his a$$, I peeked around the pump to look at it, then looked back at him and said; "Unless your gonna give it to me for free, so I can sell it and use the money for mods, you'll have to pry my TJ from my cold dead hands!" His big smile quickly faded, and he went back to his side to pump some gas. He never said another word. As I pulled away from the pump I tossed his card in the trash can at the end of the island! Sure it was rude, but I really detest pushy car salesmen. The nerve, calling my beautiful muddy TJ a mess!
Lol respect!

__________________
KELBOZKI
noobjeeper69 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC