You know you drive a TJ when.... - Page 159 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #4741
Jeeper
 
Parsonsm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Daytona Beach
Posts: 218
When you get in your wife's Enclave and say " it is just too quiet in here."

Parsonsm is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #4742
Jeeper
 
Turtle69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 86
My father in law thinks his 2007 ford Lariat is loud on the highway because is has big wide tires, I drive my Jeep daily and his truck is like a calm capsule 3 feet off the ground with a box. Three choices of wiper speed is a luxury in a TJ.

__________________
Turtle69
Love my Tweety Jeep!
Turtle69 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:55 AM   #4743
Jeeper
 
InvisiblePants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 517
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle69 View Post
My father in law thinks his 2007 ford Lariat is loud on the highway because is has big wide tires, I drive my Jeep daily and his truck is like a calm capsule 3 feet off the ground with a box. Three choices of wiper speed is a luxury in a TJ.
Do you not have intermittent wipers with adjustable delay?
InvisiblePants is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #4744
Jeeper
 
Hhscobra11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 116
You know you own a Tj when .. you tell your girlfriend that your taking you jeep to prom and she asks how she's going to get in your jeep with her long dress and you say your just gunna have to pull it up 😏😏
Hhscobra11 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #4745
Jeeper
 
stircrazy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LR, AR
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwayoflife View Post

Its on my list...
Me too.
stircrazy13 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #4746
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 624
When you seriously want to do this
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #4747
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwakefield22 View Post
When you seriously want to do this


Attachment 233959

Sorry didn't upload with the last post
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #4748
Jeeper
 
ken78744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcwakefield22 View Post

sorry didn't upload with the last post
x999999999999
And I am married!!!!!
ken78744 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #4749
Jeeper
 
Jeep21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citron wrangler 97 View Post
When you fix your "death wobble" and don't realize your speeding because there was no "wobble"
How'd u fix it?
Jeep21 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #4750
Jeeper
 
Citron wrangler 97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
My front right brake caliper was sticking and it made the brake lock and caused the wobble to happen , I replaced those and tightened up the track bar and it fixed it.
Citron wrangler 97 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #4751
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken78744 View Post

x999999999999
And I am married!!!!!
Haha that's great. I got to use this argument ender with my girlfriend tonight hahaha



Attachment 234090

And yes.. I won!
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #4752
Jeeper
 
JVLemur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 4,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwakefield22 View Post

Haha that's great. I got to use this argument ender with my girlfriend tonight hahaha

And yes.. I won!
I had a conversation the other day with my girl about when I'm gonna take the doors off already, it's almost may. As happy as I was I had to explain she doesn't ride with me at 1am when it's still in the low end of the temp lol
__________________
Don't follow the Hype, follow your Heart.
JVLemur is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #4753
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVLemur View Post

I had a conversation the other day with my girl about when I'm gonna take the doors off already, it's almost may. As happy as I was I had to explain she doesn't ride with me at 1am when it's still in the low end of the temp lol
Really? Dang that sucks it's like 80 here haha. We went for a ride on some back roads on Sunday an it was a bit chilly but enough to have the windows unzipped and windows down with the heat on so she wouldn't get too cold haha
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #4754
Jeeper
 
ken78744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwakefield22 View Post

Really? Dang that sucks it's like 80 here haha. We went for a ride on some back roads on Sunday an it was a bit chilly but enough to have the windows unzipped and windows down with the heat on so she wouldn't get too cold haha
I got a damn heating blanket plugged in to the cigarette lighter to keep the wife from bitching about low 70s at night!!!! LOL!!!!!

Cause doors are already off and not going back on for awhile!!!!
ken78744 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #4755
Jeeper
 
JVLemur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 4,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwakefield22 View Post

Really? Dang that sucks it's like 80 here haha. We went for a ride on some back roads on Sunday an it was a bit chilly but enough to have the windows unzipped and windows down with the heat on so she wouldn't get too cold haha
It's in the low 60s when I'm off work, which isn't much to complain, but we've been getting 30mph winds lately and do not wanna deal with that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken78744 View Post

I got a damn heating blanket plugged in to the cigarette lighter to keep the wife from bitching about low 70s at night!!!! LOL!!!!!

Cause doors are already off and not going back on for awhile!!!!
Good call
__________________
Don't follow the Hype, follow your Heart.
JVLemur is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #4756
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken78744 View Post

I got a damn heating blanket plugged in to the cigarette lighter to keep the wife from bitching about low 70s at night!!!! LOL!!!!!

Cause doors are already off and not going back on for awhile!!!!
What??? That's when it feels the best!! An yea she had just shaved her legs and was like I don't wanna get them all prickly so I had to blast the heater to keep her legs warm.

But I'm definitely taking the doors off next time we go somewhere whether she likes it or not! Haha
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #4757
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVLemur View Post
It's in the low 60s when I'm off work, which isn't much to complain, but we've been getting 30mph winds lately and do not wanna deal with that lol

Good call
Ah ok yea that is a little cold then... But I have rode around when it was about 50 at the beach with the top and doors off so I don't blame you. It's an addiction haha
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #4758
Jeeper
 
Wranglerguy48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North GA
Posts: 190
When you park in front of the window at the gym; and, you don't look in the mirror as much as the other guys because your busy looking out the window.

When, while your at the gym, a JK parks next to your TJ and the driver trips and nearly falls because they can't stop staring at your TJ and were not watching where they were going.
Wranglerguy48 is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #4759
Jeeper
 
Turtle69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiblePants View Post

Do you not have intermittent wipers with adjustable delay?
I have 2 speeds regular and slightly faster than regular, I haven't had my jeep very long but I'm pretty sure there aren't any hidden speeds.
__________________
Turtle69
Love my Tweety Jeep!
Turtle69 is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #4760
Jeeper
 
InvisiblePants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 517
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle69 View Post
I have 2 speeds regular and slightly faster than regular, I haven't had my jeep very long but I'm pretty sure there aren't any hidden speeds.
You can get and intermittent /adjustable speed from a neon and swap it. I did that the second day i had my rig bc it was like yours. It started raining on the way home from the dealer and i could not find a happy speed. I was constantly flipping them on and off. It wasn't an issue when it was raining, but the spray from other vehicles was driving me nuts.


http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/do...te-up-1335576/
InvisiblePants is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #4761
Jeeper
 
Turtle69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiblePants View Post

You can get and intermittent /adjustable speed from a neon and swap it. I did that the second day i had my rig bc it was like yours. It started raining on the way home from the dealer and i could not find a happy speed. I was constantly flipping them on and off. It wasn't an issue when it was raining, but the spray from other vehicles was driving me nuts.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/do...te-up-1335576/
Thanks! I'll see if I can get 1 I live in the rainiest city in North America! And 2 speeds is pretty shitty sometimes.
__________________
Turtle69
Love my Tweety Jeep!
Turtle69 is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #4762
Jeeper
 
InvisiblePants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 517
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle69 View Post
Thanks! I'll see if I can get 1 I live in the rainiest city in North America! And 2 speeds is pretty shitty sometimes.
If you have a pull your own part scrap yard, you can probably pick one up for less than $20.
InvisiblePants is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #4763
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 624
When this happens if you leave the top down during spring and while it's in a gravel parking lot



Attachment 234674
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #4764
Jeeper
 
n00g7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern VT // Western Wisconsin
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbman View Post
Oxy moron, kinda like saying " Sober Stevie Ray Vaughn"
I hit the limiter all the time... NBD.
n00g7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #4765
Jeeper
 
thgr8alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwakefield22 View Post
When this happens if you leave the top down during spring and while it's in a gravel parking lot
Mine looks like that but from pollen...
__________________
1998 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0 I6
33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
3 inch Zone suspension lift, Rubicon Express adjustable front track bar, 1.25 inch body lift.
thgr8alex is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #4766
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgr8alex View Post

Mine looks like that but from pollen...
Yea it's about a 50/50 mix of pollen and dust
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #4767
Jeeper
 
InvisiblePants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 517
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgr8alex View Post
mine looks like that but from pollen...
x2

That's why i quit washing it. Pollen doesn't show as much on mud. Lol
InvisiblePants is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #4768
Jeeper
 
BeerChameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tucson,AZ
Posts: 138
When you watch back to the future 1 and 2 and notice a cj and yj but no tj

However I want a flying yj!!
BeerChameleon is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #4769
Jeeper
 
SinisterWarWagon99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerChameleon
When you watch back to the future 1 and 2 and notice a cj and yj but no tj

However I want a flying yj!!
TJ wasn't around when those movies were made. . But it would be a good sequel to see what the next phases of wrangler will be in the future... Ha ha
__________________
99 TJ 4.0L 5 speed, 4 1/2'' lift, Iron Rock Offroad long arm kit,Ford 8.8 rear end conversion limited slip 3.73's,4 wheel disc brakes,BDS shocks and steering stabilizer,front end quick disconnects,Speed by Spector cold air intake,throttle body spacer,Performance exhaust(Quiet)ORO light DOT LED tail lights and license plate light,Currie aftermarket bumpers, Bluetooth Stereo,ION 171 wheels,33X12.5R15 Cooper STT's. And always looking for more....Just Empty Every Pocket!
SinisterWarWagon99 is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #4770
Jeeper
 
BeerChameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tucson,AZ
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterWarWagon99 View Post

TJ wasn't around when those movies were made. . But it would be a good sequel to see what the next phases of wrangler will be in the future... Ha ha
Ya I know.. Still

BeerChameleon is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts: Ask Tom Here TomWood Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 11 05-07-2013 03:47 PM
My Jeep has a strange squeal while I drive heepiejeepie TJ General Discussion Forum 4 02-24-2012 10:03 PM
Oil Pump Drive Gear - HELP PLEASE! Rolf TJ General Discussion Forum 3 11-24-2011 01:58 PM
Show off what else you drive!!! XOIIIIOX Off-Topic 15 08-23-2011 10:18 PM
Weird w.question involving drive line angle and the front Drive shaft Vaultzz General Jeep Discussion 13 03-05-2010 08:06 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC