You know you drive a TJ when.... - Page 164 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #4891
Jeeper
 
rednickTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Millbrook, Alabama
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwakefield22 View Post

Sliders as in rain guards?
No I think he means like he has half doors and he has the upper slides instead of soft uppers

__________________
Red 03' wrangler sport 4.0L with 3" zone lift and Firestone destination mts.
Getting there in a jeep is all the fun
rednickTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #4892
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jp2611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Wayne IN
Posts: 5,704
IDK why but...had that problem with my halftop, bikini top and factory top....so far not an issue with the Frameless NX

jp2611 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #4893
Jeeper
 
idiot magnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Noblesville, IN and Mackinaw City, MI for 2 more weeks
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle69 View Post
There are so many Jeep owners in my town but haven't met many jeep enthusiasts! No one does the wave, no one seems into it like they love their wranglers.... Dammit! I've been thinking of passing around some flyers, anyone got a good one?
Maybe they can't because they are blinded for a second from all that chrome, but I'll give you a
idiot magnet is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #4894
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednickTJ View Post

No I think he means like he has half doors and he has the upper slides instead of soft uppers
Oh duh of course. My bad ha
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #4895
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2611 View Post
IDK why but...had that problem with my halftop, bikini top and factory top....so far not an issue with the Frameless NX
How is the frameless btw? I have thought about getting one but I'm not sure
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #4896
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jp2611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Wayne IN
Posts: 5,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwakefield22 View Post
How is the frameless btw? I have thought about getting one but I'm not sure
Other than being tighter than crap from being NEW I love it.....I do know that I will be able to still use my wraparound jammer, with duster and leave the back windows out. and that will get me through most of the IN spring/ summer weather. I also know that I love the sunrider feature been using it some...and if you count the "steps" of what has to be "undone" or "disconnected" to be topless it is the same amount of work. (as a OEM top)

I did have the advantage of already having the duster and Wraparound jammer, and a window bag that will hold ALL my windows even the uppers for my doors. It just lays flat under the duster, on top of the spare. (if I have the spare with me.)

Pretty proud of this LIL RED jeep
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0089.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	238194  
jp2611 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #4897
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2611 View Post

Other than being tighter than crap from being NEW I love it.....I do know that I will be able to still use my wraparound jammer, with duster and leave the back windows out. and that will get me through most of the IN spring/ summer weather. I also know that I love the sunrider feature been using it some...and if you count the "steps" of what has to be "undone" or "disconnected" to be topless it is the same amount of work. (as a OEM top)

I did have the advantage of already having the duster and Wraparound jammer, and a window bag that will hold ALL my windows even the uppers for my doors. It just lays flat under the duster, on top of the spare. (if I have the spare with me.)

Pretty proud of this LIL RED jeep
How's the room inside it? Ha and how much are they if you don't mind me asking
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #4898
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jp2611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Wayne IN
Posts: 5,704
Assuming you mean the NX IMO I can't see that you loose "any" over the OEM.....now I also realize that I am average height so head room is not an issue and no back seat for the last several years...I suppose you do "loose" a couple inches of head room but I don't know any one that tall that would be able to ride in the back to begin with.

I do like that I can recline my seat again after changing from a halftop.

I got mine for $520 delivered from Bestop Factory outlet....but shipping was slow took a week.....but I ordered in the winter so now rush wasn't gonna switch it dead of winter....
jp2611 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #4899
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2611 View Post
Assuming you mean the NX IMO I can't see that you loose "any" over the OEM.....now I also realize that I am average height so head room is not an issue and no back seat for the last several years...I suppose you do "loose" a couple inches of head room but I don't know any one that tall that would be able to ride in the back to begin with.

I do like that I can recline my seat again after changing from a halftop.

I got mine for $520 delivered from Bestop Factory outlet....but shipping was slow took a week.....but I ordered in the winter so now rush wasn't gonna switch it dead of winter....
Yea that's what I meant. I just noticed on the frameless how the back is a little slanted and I have people ride in the back of mine sometimes so I was just curious on how the head room in the back ad everything was. Also, I know you can get it to tied but can you choose the amount of tint or is it all the same? My bestop is tinted the standard tint which is 30% I believe but I was probably gonna go down to 20% on my front windows so I was going to see if I could get 20% on the back too. Sorry for all the questions btw ha
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #4900
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jp2611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Wayne IN
Posts: 5,704
Son in law is 6' 4" and 260 he has (in the past) rode in the back with no issue and IMO there is still enough room...IDK anything about tint it was a yes or no question and I said yes....
jp2611 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #4901
Jeeper
 
2JeepsThatRun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednickTJ View Post

No I think he means like he has half doors and he has the upper slides instead of soft uppers
It's a little late but yeah bestop sliders. I've had two sets one was a deal I couldn't pass up and the other was when I first bought a set new and they both leaked.
__________________
2000 TJ 2.5l, 2" OME Lift, Winch, Adjustable Control Arms, Rokmen Gas Tank Skid, Warn Sliders, CCFabs 3" Hood-lines, Engine Skid, Rock Crawler Bumper Front & Rear
Ohio River Four Wheelers- www.ORFW.org
2JeepsThatRun is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #4902
Jeeper
 
06SilverSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 127
Because you watch a really bad movie on Syfy that is boring until you see TJ's are driven by the cast, and then the movie is good.
06SilverSport is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #4903
Jeeper
 
Afrey1209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 1,043
When your jeep is in the shop and you get two texts at the same time at work- 1: you're jeep is done and 2: hey beautiful (from the guy I'm talking to) guess which one i was more excited about.

I was talking to him later and he said "I've been replaced by a jeep" and told him it was ok- my jeep has always been my man. Lol
Afrey1209 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-20-2013, 03:12 AM   #4904
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Zevman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Where the rich and famous live and stare at my jeep like I'm the gardner.
Posts: 173
When your wife tells you to buy some new clothes because your jeans has holes in them and you're contemplating how far back one pairs of jeans is to front lockers. "Hun, better hole in my jeans than a hole in the Jeep."
Zevman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #4905
Jeeper
 
BPerez23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 83
When you jeep drifts into the next lane and you forced to make an unexpected turn, and then your friends look at you like "where are you going?" And you say, " I meant to do that...it's a shortcut......
BPerez23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #4906
Jeeper
 
Afrey1209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerez23 View Post
When you jeep drifts into the next lane and you forced to make an unexpected turn, and then your friends look at you like "where are you going?" And you say, " I meant to do that...it's a shortcut......
Did that yesterday. Lol
Afrey1209 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 03:15 AM   #4907
Jeeper
 
Jake_84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Laredo, TX
Posts: 30
when your girlfriend starts wanting to go for more weekend adventures so you can offroad together.
Jake_84 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #4908
Jeeper
 
Hhscobra11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 116
When your girlfriend says that you like your jeep more than her!! Hahaha
Hhscobra11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #4909
Jeeper
 
kshaws21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast Ga. Mountains
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerez23 View Post
When you jeep drifts into the next lane and you forced to make an unexpected turn, and then your friends look at you like "where are you going?" And you say, " I meant to do that...it's a shortcut......
If your Jeep "drifts into the next lane" without your steering input, you have serious suspension/lift issues that needs addressed soon!
kshaws21 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #4910
Jeeper
 
Afrey1209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 1,043
When your talking to a guy to go out and you Cantrell but keep bringing up your jeep and the last trip you went on and how in love you are with your jeep. And he just sits there and says "I've been replaced" and I said back "my jeep has always been my first guy. You knew that. You can be second in command if you want though."
Afrey1209 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #4911
Jeeper
 
UN150N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santee Ca
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrey1209 View Post
When your talking to a guy to go out and you Cantrell but keep bringing up your jeep and the last trip you went on and how in love you are with your jeep. And he just sits there and says "I've been replaced" and I said back "my jeep has always been my first guy. You knew that. You can be second in command if you want though."
Wow I think I just fell in love!!!!
UN150N is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #4912
Jeeper
 
02tj-clayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: mufreesboro/nashville
Posts: 640
You have to pull off to a gas station to squeegee the inside of the windshield during a thunderstorm
__________________
Jeeps made for mud
I drive a TJ and its like a second girlfriend..Always taking me to the limits of my wallet
02tj-clayton is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #4913
Jeeper
 
rednickTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Millbrook, Alabama
Posts: 673
When you have driven your jeep so much that when you drive your dads truck you almost fall asleep behind the wheel because of how smooth and silent the ride is
__________________
Red 03' wrangler sport 4.0L with 3" zone lift and Firestone destination mts.
Getting there in a jeep is all the fun
rednickTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #4914
Jeeper
 
Miguzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rockport, Texas
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednickTJ View Post
When you have driven your jeep so much that when you drive your dads truck you almost fall asleep behind the wheel because of how smooth and silent the ride is
Im actually more awake when I drive my moms silverado or sisters xterra. The silverado is a 2500hd longbed. Thing is huge so I watch around me constantly. The xterra has super sensitive brakes so every time I brake my body jerks around. Hah.
__________________
You can drive fast... But I can go anywhere.
Miguzi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #4915
Jeeper
 
rednickTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Millbrook, Alabama
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguzi View Post

Im actually more awake when I drive my moms silverado or sisters xterra. The silverado is a 2500hd longbed. Thing is huge so I watch around me constantly. The xterra has super sensitive brakes so every time I brake my body jerks around. Hah.
Yah my friends terra is super sensitive to but my dads truck is a dodge Cummings 3500 sitten on 38s but it rides so much smoother then my jeep but I guess that's just me haha
__________________
Red 03' wrangler sport 4.0L with 3" zone lift and Firestone destination mts.
Getting there in a jeep is all the fun
rednickTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #4916
Jeeper
 
Byers06TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
When the decission has to be made of brakes on wifes Tahoe or anything for Jeep...... Still saving for lift....she will stop....eventually
Byers06TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #4917
Jeeper
 
PoisnIvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Woodridge, IL
Posts: 24
When ur husband always just sighs n shakes his head n says it must just be a jeeper thing cuz I don't get it
PoisnIvy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #4918
Jeeper
 
mikemounlio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 697
When you have to move the wifes car to get the jeep out and think dang her power steering must be out.
__________________
04 Rubi 5 speed RE4.5 LA 37 BFG 4.88 Chromoly Axles HD Clutch Cage Currie HD Steering PSC HD Gear Box Viair HD OBA Armor ARB Diff Covers Tube Fenders OR-FAB Carrier SuperWinch K&N MagnaFlow Rhino Lined and i find more daily
BUILT and READY
mikemounlio is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #4919
Jeeper
 
thgr8alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
When you drive someone elses car and your parking is not even close. And you just look at them and say... Its a little easier in my jeep...
__________________
1998 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0 I6
33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
3 inch Zone suspension lift, Rubicon Express adjustable front track bar, 1.25 inch body lift.
thgr8alex is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #4920
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island NY/West Haven CT
Posts: 12
Your 110 pound friend is glad you don't have a hard top because she hits the roof when you hit a bump.

dgerb1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts: Ask Tom Here TomWood Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 11 05-07-2013 02:47 PM
My Jeep has a strange squeal while I drive heepiejeepie TJ General Discussion Forum 4 02-24-2012 09:03 PM
Oil Pump Drive Gear - HELP PLEASE! Rolf TJ General Discussion Forum 3 11-24-2011 12:58 PM
Show off what else you drive!!! XOIIIIOX Off-Topic 15 08-23-2011 09:18 PM
Weird w.question involving drive line angle and the front Drive shaft Vaultzz General Jeep Discussion 13 03-05-2010 07:06 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC