You know you drive a TJ when.... - Page 173 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #5161
Jeeper
 
Afrey1209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 1,044
When you can flip your jeep on a trail somewhere, flip it back over, start it right up, and still make it to work on time! And say "I bet your car couldn't flip and come out with as little damage as mine" to everyone at work!

Afrey1209 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #5162
Jeeper
 
JVLemur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 4,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrey1209 View Post
When you can flip your jeep on a trail somewhere, flip it back over, start it right up, and still make it to work on time! And say "I bet your car couldn't flip and come out with as little damage as mine" to everyone at work!
I like to keep mine on 4 wheels at all times, 3 wheels on occasion.

__________________
Don't follow the Hype, follow your Heart.
JVLemur is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #5163
Jeeper
 
VaJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 135
When you wave at a jeep and they wave back then the car behind them try's to wave at you and your like no thank you haha
VaJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #5164
Jeeper
 
Afrey1209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVLemur View Post

I like to keep mine on 4 wheels at all times, 3 wheels on occasion.
Same here but I got caught in a downhill rut...
Afrey1209 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #5165
Jeeper
 
_plaisance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: southern louisiana
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVLemur View Post
I get 180 to 3/4 tank on 31s and stock 307s


thats horrible i get 180 miles on half a tank but thats all interstate heading to my deer camp
_plaisance is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #5166
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by _plaisance View Post

thats horrible i get 180 miles on half a tank but thats all interstate heading to my deer camp
I've been getting about 160-170 on half tank with it being mixed highway and city
homiegx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #5167
Jeeper
 
Redrum914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by homiegx View Post

I've been getting about 160-170 on half tank with it being mixed highway and city
I get like 130 on a full 15 gal tank 31s 4.11 gears
Redrum914 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #5168
Jeeper
 
Miguzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rockport, Texas
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by _plaisance View Post

thats horrible i get 180 miles on half a tank but thats all interstate heading to my deer camp
I get 180-200 miles on 3/4s tank. 19 gallon tank. 3.07s and 31s.
__________________
You can drive fast... But I can go anywhere.
Miguzi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #5169
Jeeper
 
UN150N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santee Ca
Posts: 260
I get around 190 city miles until my gas light comes on with 33's 4.10's and a 5 speed
UN150N is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #5170
Jeeper
 
Redrum914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by UN150N View Post
I get around 190 city miles until my gas light comes on with 33's 4.10's and a 5 speed
19 gal tank?
Redrum914 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #5171
Jeeper
 
jherrington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguzi View Post

I get 180-200 miles on 3/4s tank. 19 gallon tank. 3.07s and 31s.
Now that's bad.
__________________
98 TJ sport 4.0L I6 356,000 miles.
No Engine, axle, tranny, or t-case rebuilds.
Check out my 5.3 swap in progress here!
jherrington is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #5172
Jeeper
 
Ianscl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dahlonega
Posts: 204
I don't even check. I know it's gonna be bad so I just fill up and go.

Can't sweat the small stuff when you're going to do it anyways
Ianscl7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #5173
Jeeper
 
Timothyhisey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Everett, Wa
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianscl7 View Post
I don't even check. I know it's gonna be bad so I just fill up and go.

Can't sweat the small stuff when you're going to do it anyways
Amen!
__________________
It's not a midlife crisis... It's a Jeep!
Timothyhisey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #5174
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 7
when you driver side leg and arm are burnt from having the doors and top off ... you look like a damn red oreo
sch0143 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #5175
Jeeper
 
UN150N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santee Ca
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum914 View Post

19 gal tank?
Yep
UN150N is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #5176
Jeeper
 
Miguzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rockport, Texas
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrington View Post

Now that's bad.
I dont think so. EPA is 14/18 city/highway from what I know. And im getting about 14-15mpgs. Which is all city driving. Even if its bad though. Its fun to drive.
__________________
You can drive fast... But I can go anywhere.
Miguzi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #5177
Jeeper
 
slayer74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 1 mile from the middle of nowhere, North Carolina
Posts: 79
You have to remind yourself not to wave at other Jeepers when driving your DD to work on Monday morning.
slayer74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #5178
Jeeper
 
Redrum914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer74 View Post
You have to remind yourself not to wave at other Jeepers when driving your DD to work on Monday morning.
My jeep is my dd . Even though gas sucks I love every minute of driving it
Redrum914 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #5179
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jp2611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Wayne IN
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum914 View Post
My jeep is my dd . Even though gas sucks I love every minute of driving it
Makes the weekends or Dr appt tough, always driving the car to take the parents 'cause they can't get up in the Jeep very well......
jp2611 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #5180
Jeeper
 
slayer74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 1 mile from the middle of nowhere, North Carolina
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum914 View Post

My jeep is my dd . Even though gas sucks I love every minute of driving it
120 mile round trip to work and back. I'd drive the Jeep there everyday if I could but I need more in my pockets than holes!
slayer74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #5181
Jeeper
 
Redrum914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer74 View Post

120 mile round trip to work and back. I'd drive the Jeep there everyday if I could but I need more in my pockets than holes!
Oo shit yea you won that one. On the bright side at least you have more to look forward to after work and the weekends
Redrum914 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #5182
Jeeper
 
slayer74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 1 mile from the middle of nowhere, North Carolina
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum914 View Post

Oo shit yea you won that one. On the bright side at least you have more to look forward to after work and the weekends
I actually bought my DD when my drive was double that. On the weekends it's up to my kids whether or not we take the Dodge Ram and Jeep out. Jeep wons most of the time though.
slayer74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #5183
Jeeper
 
B4manek22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Garner Iowa
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer74 View Post

I actually bought my DD when my drive was double that. On the weekends it's up to my kids whether or not we take the Dodge Ram and Jeep out. Jeep wons most of the time though.
I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to ride in a Ram. Lol jk. Sorry, Ford guy here.
__________________
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -olllllllo-

()_) ()_)—o-)_)
B4manek22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #5184
Jeeper
 
slayer74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 1 mile from the middle of nowhere, North Carolina
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4manek22 View Post

I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to ride in a Ram. Lol jk. Sorry, Ford guy here.
Haha! I hear ya. I love that Ram. Had it for a long time.
Used to have a 93 F150 though. I abused that truck in my younger "go faster and stupider and hit crap" days. Some say I still have those days though.
slayer74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #5185
Jeeper
 
B4manek22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Garner Iowa
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer74

Haha! I hear ya. I love that Ram. Had it for a long time.
Used to have a 93 F150 though. I abused that truck in my younger "go faster and stupider and hit crap" days. Some say I still have those days though.
I've got an 04 F150, that's my first baby, the Jeep is baby #2
__________________
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -olllllllo-

()_) ()_)—o-)_)
B4manek22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #5186
Jeeper
 
slayer74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 1 mile from the middle of nowhere, North Carolina
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4manek22 View Post

I've got an 04 F150, that's my first baby, the Jeep is baby #2
Hope that don't get you yelled at on here! Jk man lol
slayer74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #5187
Jeeper
 
B4manek22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Garner Iowa
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer74

Hope that don't get you yelled at on here! Jk man lol
Don't worry, I still love my jeep. There's a lot of memories in that truck though.
__________________
/I ,[_____],
I---I_ -olllllllo-

()_) ()_)—o-)_)
B4manek22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #5188
Jeeper
 
slayer74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 1 mile from the middle of nowhere, North Carolina
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4manek22 View Post

Don't worry, I still love my jeep. There's a lot of memories in that truck though.
Understand that. Same way with the Ram.
slayer74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #5189
Jeeper
 
slayer74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 1 mile from the middle of nowhere, North Carolina
Posts: 79
In a sick and twisted way, you can't wait for the next part to break so you have a handy excuse to upgrade it!
slayer74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #5190
Jeeper
 
rs90808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer74 View Post
In a sick and twisted way, you can't wait for the next part to break so you have a handy excuse to upgrade it!
Haha so true!

__________________
2003 Wrangler X, 5 speed
4.25" Zone Offroad Combo Lift with Disconnects
JKS Adjustable Track Bar
33" Federal MTs & 15x8 Ion Wheels
4.56 Gears with TrueTracs in front & rear
B&M Sport Shifter
rs90808 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts: Ask Tom Here TomWood Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 11 05-07-2013 02:47 PM
My Jeep has a strange squeal while I drive heepiejeepie TJ General Discussion Forum 4 02-24-2012 09:03 PM
Oil Pump Drive Gear - HELP PLEASE! Rolf TJ General Discussion Forum 3 11-24-2011 12:58 PM
Show off what else you drive!!! XOIIIIOX Off-Topic 15 08-23-2011 09:18 PM
Weird w.question involving drive line angle and the front Drive shaft Vaultzz General Jeep Discussion 13 03-05-2010 07:06 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC