You know you drive a TJ when.... - Page 181 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #5401
Jeeper
 
ThatWhiteMachine101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 439
I may be the only one who has never lost a belt loop to my TJ hahahA

ThatWhiteMachine101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #5402
Jeeper
 
Teague242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWhiteMachine101 View Post
I may be the only one who has never lost a belt loop to my TJ hahahA
Knock on wood

Teague242 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 06:30 AM   #5403
Jeeper
 
DarthLEGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 383
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcarlgolden View Post

my biggest issue
x2
__________________
Driving a Jeep is like riding in a roller coaster everyday!
DarthLEGO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 07:20 AM   #5404
Jeeper
 
kshaws21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast Ga. Mountains
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague242 View Post
I completely destroyed a belt loop on Monday. The last pair of pants with all of em in it.....

It's a TJ thing....
Must be a height thing I don't know. How tall are you guys that this happens to? I'm not real tall (6-1) but have NEVER in two years snagged a belt loop or even come close. Have never even felt a tug, I don't understand how this seems to happen to many on here.
kshaws21 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 07:45 AM   #5405
Jeeper
 
wwch99tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Felton Delaware
Posts: 4,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshaws21 View Post

Must be a height thing I don't know. How tall are you guys that this happens to? I'm not real tall (6-1) but have NEVER in two years snagged a belt loop or even come close. Have never even felt a tug, I don't understand how this seems to happen to many on here.
X2 8yrs and counting...
wwch99tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 07:49 AM   #5406
Jeeper
 
Green03TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj View Post

X2 8yrs and counting...
X3. Over 10 years with TJs and still have all my belt loops.

You know you drive a TJ when it amazes you what people will steal. Such as the ash tray with some spare change or the old dirty fuzzy dice that are missing half the dots anyway.
Green03TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #5407
Jeeper
 
VaJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj View Post

X2 8yrs and counting...
Ripped a belt loop riding 4 wheeler but never in the jeep
VaJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #5408
Jeeper
 
BigDaddyAt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by roys29 View Post
Your wife won't ride with you because:
b) The ride makes her seasick
^^^ This! lol
BigDaddyAt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #5409
Jeeper
 
BigDaddyAt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 210
When you have one of these on your Jeep for months:



and a few days after you take your wife wheeling and over some rocks for the first time, she says, "Now I understand that sticker on your Jeep"...
BigDaddyAt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #5410
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 27
When your exhaust leak makes your jeep sound better than the expensive flowmaster on the JK at the stoplight next to you...

Hillcarver is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #5411
Jeeper
 
rednickTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Millbrook, Alabama
Posts: 673
^ nice haha
__________________
Red 03' wrangler sport 4.0L with 3" zone lift and Firestone destination mts.
Getting there in a jeep is all the fun
rednickTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #5412
Jeeper
 
JeepersDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
When the worn out drive train gives up, and you spend five years and two months changing it to a 4.0 all updated everything, meanwhile people calling it the "Phantom Jeep" because they don't see it on the road, strangers coming to your door wanting to know if its for sale, friends keep suggesting I should buy a new one and junk this one, keep dragging home parts because "it was a bargain", and then the day comes...It fired off, and we drove it around topless! Yeah, it's only worth it because its not just any Jeep, its YOUR TJ! (Readers Digest version of a true story)
JeepersDave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #5413
Jeeper
 
slayer74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 1 mile from the middle of nowhere, North Carolina
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepersDave View Post
When the worn out drive train gives up, and you spend five years and two months changing it to a 4.0 all updated everything, meanwhile people calling it the "Phantom Jeep" because they don't see it on the road, strangers coming to your door wanting to know if its for sale, friends keep suggesting I should buy a new one and junk this one, keep dragging home parts because "it was a bargain", and then the day comes...It fired off, and we drove it around topless! Yeah, it's only worth it because its not just any Jeep, its YOUR TJ! (Readers Digest version of a true story)
Awesome story man
slayer74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #5414
Jeeper
 
slayer74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 1 mile from the middle of nowhere, North Carolina
Posts: 79
When you finally call your girlfriend back after spending an hour picking up your kids and she's pissed and refuses to believe that you didn't call her right back because there's no way she'd be able to hear you anyway

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130531_191552.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	256113
slayer74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #5415
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
freakengine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 38
Images: 3
When you think of the 129,000 miles on your ride as low mileage.
freakengine is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #5416
Jeeper
 
Afrey1209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 1,043
When your boyfriend is over and you're watching a movie but instead of hanging out with him, you've been on Wrangler Forum all night. Telling him how much more you love your jeep than him. Lol
Afrey1209 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #5417
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
HarryJeepGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrey1209 View Post
When your boyfriend is over and you're watching a movie but instead of hanging out with him, you've been on Wrangler Forum all night. Telling him how much more you love your jeep than him. Lol
Sounds like he better get a Jeep before you dump his ass, lol.
HarryJeepGuy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #5418
Jeeper
 
Marcwakefield22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 618
When you pull into a parking lot and you park next to a TJ at the very end of the parking lot and your girlfriend looks at you and says "you would park the furthest parking spot away just because there is another jeep here" hahahaha
Marcwakefield22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #5419
Jeeper
 
Timothyhisey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Everett, Wa
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwakefield22 View Post
When you pull into a parking lot and you park next to a TJ at the very end of the parking lot and your girlfriend looks at you and says "you would park the furthest parking spot away just because there is another jeep here" hahahaha
My wife said the same thing... My responce, "Duh!"
__________________
It's not a midlife crisis... It's a Jeep!
Timothyhisey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 10:53 PM   #5420
Jeeper
 
Bucky eder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 23
When your son considers your jeep a playground
Bucky eder is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #5421
Jeeper
 
Teague242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshaws21 View Post

Must be a height thing I don't know. How tall are you guys that this happens to? I'm not real tall (6-1) but have NEVER in two years snagged a belt loop or even come close. Have never even felt a tug, I don't understand how this seems to happen to many on here.
I dunno. When I get in I face the jeep, grab the roll cage and pull myself in while pivoting my lower body to sit in the seat. I'm 5'10"
Teague242 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #5422
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
PHILDABEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Farmington N.M.
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky eder View Post
When your son considers your jeep a playground
Yep, my daughter uses it as a mobile jungle gym.
PHILDABEAST is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #5423
Jeeper
 
lambsb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hillsboro, OH
Posts: 204
When you go shopping with the whole family and on your way out to the parking lot you realize you don't have enough room in your TJ to put all those groceries you just bought. (Happened today)
__________________
Only in a
|JEEP|

O|||||||O
[]----o-[]

lambsb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #5424
Jeeper
 
Bangert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wainwright, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshaws21 View Post

Must be a height thing I don't know. How tall are you guys that this happens to? I'm not real tall (6-1) but have NEVER in two years snagged a belt loop or even come close. Have never even felt a tug, I don't understand how this seems to happen to many on here.
I don't have a pair of pants with good belt loops... I'm 6'3
__________________
"She ain't pretty, she gets the job done"
Bangert is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #5425
Jeeper
 
Los57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambsb View Post
When you go shopping with the whole family and on your way out to the parking lot you realize you don't have enough room in your TJ to put all those groceries you just bought. (Happened today)
Yep. When I have both kids with me there's not too much room left for groceries. The backseat and floor boards fill up fast.
Los57 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #5426
Jeeper
 
lambsb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hillsboro, OH
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman1_16 View Post
When you have to stick the nozzle halfway out to get gas!
Amen
__________________
Only in a
|JEEP|

O|||||||O
[]----o-[]

lambsb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #5427
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 7,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague242 View Post

I dunno. When I get in I face the jeep, grab the roll cage and pull myself in while pivoting my lower body to sit in the seat. I'm 5'10"
Yeah, im 5-10 and ive never had this problem. I just open up the door and hop in, no issues. I dont get it
krisbman is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #5428
Jeeper
 
Teague242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbman View Post

Yeah, im 5-10 and ive never had this problem. I just open up the door and hop in, no issues. I dont get it
Is your jeep lifted? After I lifted mine I didn't have the problem. Now I have to yank myself in and don't really get close to the latch.

I think there's a science behind getting your belt loops ripped off that has to do with how tall you and your jeep are lol
Teague242 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2013, 02:28 AM   #5429
Jeeper
 
Teague242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los57 View Post

Yep. When I have both kids with me there's not too much room left for groceries. The backseat and floor boards fill up fast.
I feel your pain there! I took my back seat out when I bought my jeep.... And still end up putting bags on the passenger seat and floorboards on a really good day
Teague242 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2013, 02:30 AM   #5430
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 7,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague242 View Post

Is your jeep lifted? After I lifted mine I didn't have the problem. Now I have to yank myself in and don't really get close to the latch.

I think there's a science behind getting your belt loops ripped off that has to do with how tall you and your jeep are lol
Yeah. 3.5" with 33's

krisbman is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts: Ask Tom Here TomWood Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 11 05-07-2013 02:47 PM
My Jeep has a strange squeal while I drive heepiejeepie TJ General Discussion Forum 4 02-24-2012 09:03 PM
Oil Pump Drive Gear - HELP PLEASE! Rolf TJ General Discussion Forum 3 11-24-2011 12:58 PM
Show off what else you drive!!! XOIIIIOX Off-Topic 15 08-23-2011 09:18 PM
Weird w.question involving drive line angle and the front Drive shaft Vaultzz General Jeep Discussion 13 03-05-2010 07:06 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC