You know you drive a TJ when.... - Page 221 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #6601
Jeeper
 
EN3RGIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 371
Driving at night, people are constantly flashing you with their brights because they think you have yours on. You just sit high enough to blast their retina with your low beams.

__________________
Can't decide on a sig...
EN3RGIX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #6602
Jeeper
 
sandman87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ridgefield WA
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by EN3RGIX View Post
Driving at night, people are constantly flashing you with their brights because they think you have yours on. You just sit high enough to blast their retina with your low beams.
Usually that means your lights aren't adjusted right. When you lift your vehicle you have to adjust your lights for the new height. Just saying I run 35's and 4 inch lift and have never had any one flash their lights at me because I readjusted my lights after my lift.

sandman87 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 05:21 AM   #6603
Jeeper
 
EN3RGIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman87 View Post

Usually that means your lights aren't adjusted right. When you lift your vehicle you have to adjust your lights for the new height. Just saying I run 35's and 4 inch lift and have never had any one flash their lights at me because I readjusted my lights after my lift.
Hmm, good point. I adjusted them, maybe just not enough.
__________________
Can't decide on a sig...
EN3RGIX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #6604
Jeeper
 
sandman87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ridgefield WA
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by EN3RGIX View Post
Hmm, good point. I adjusted them, maybe just not enough.
I don't remember the exact measurement (I'm sure you can find them online ). But with your vehicle parked a certain distance from a wall the center of your low beam should hit at a certain height on the wall.
sandman87 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #6605
Jeeper
 
ChileRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 53
...when you've been driving at 65 for who knows how long in 3rd, because the soft top is so noisy you have too turn up the radio to hear it which, in turn drowns out the engine noise. Might explain my lousy highway mileage..
ChileRick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #6606
Jeeper
 
Medixtj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRick View Post
...when you've been driving at 65 for who knows how long in 3rd, because the soft top is so noisy you have too turn up the radio to hear it which, in turn drowns out the engine noise. Might explain my lousy highway mileage..
I always drive the highway in third gear (3 speed auto)
__________________
2001 Sahara 3 speed auto
Medixtj01 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #6607
Jeeper
 
ChileRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medixtj01 View Post

I always drive the highway in third gear (3 speed auto)
HA! Guess it's an X thing!
ChileRick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #6608
Jeeper
 
Medixtj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRick View Post
HA! Guess it's an X thing!
No mines a 01 Sahara with the 3 speed
__________________
2001 Sahara 3 speed auto
Medixtj01 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #6609
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 45
Everyone you know keeps asking you for a ride
worldrider555 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #6610
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 45
When your check engine light comes on the day after you buy it but your still grinning ear to ear because
worldrider555 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #6611
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 45
You go the wrong way on purpose so you have an excuse to go into the ditch to pull a u-turn
worldrider555 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #6612
Jeeper
 
Kimi725's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldrider555 View Post
When your check engine light comes on the day after you buy it but your still grinning ear to ear because
Yea
__________________
You. Yes, you there.. OFF.
Kimi725 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #6613
Jeeper
 
Dpilo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bald Hill, Long Island
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldrider555 View Post
When your check engine light comes on the day after you buy it but your still grinning ear to ear because
Happened to me, couldn't be happier!
Dpilo22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #6614
Jeeper
 
GKjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpilo22 View Post
Happened to me, couldn't be happier!
X3 but po had put electric tape over the light to hide it. Found out the hard way, but still grinning
__________________
i need a cool signature
GKjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2013, 12:39 AM   #6615
Jeeper
 
panda24619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ocean Beach
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by EN3RGIX View Post
Driving at night, people are constantly flashing you with their brights because they think you have yours on. You just sit high enough to blast their retina with your low beams.
happened this weekend going to the desert. my trailer was fully loaded and the back area was fully loaded. my lights were up pretty high. had numerous people flash me.

Alice and the mini weekend warrior.



this was leaving but going there was a lot worse.
__________________
03 Big Bird Yellow TJ Sport
79 Big Bird Yellow CJ7 Renegade
panda24619 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #6616
Jeeper
 
Medixtj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 868
When after helping your dad change oil in your moms car you realize how nice it is to have a car you don't have to jack up to get under

When you have never used the hood prop because it is easier to just prop your hood on the windshield and you get more light
__________________
2001 Sahara 3 speed auto
Medixtj01 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #6617
Jeeper
 
Teague242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medixtj01 View Post
When after helping your dad change oil in your moms car you realize how nice it is to have a car you don't have to jack up to get under When you have never used the hood prop because it is easier to just prop your hood on the windshield and you get more light
I didn't even know my jeep had one till last week.....
Teague242 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #6618
Newb
 
Steomie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 12
You cry when you have to put doors back on when winter comes in the great white north
Steomie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #6619
Jeeper
 
LoveforaTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
When ur license plate reads "luv-mytj"
LoveforaTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #6620
Jeeper
 
SurfKaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Augustine FL
Posts: 1,635
You opt for the TJ over the Pilot for the 11hr trip home.

You've pulled your Jeep off CL 3 times.
SurfKaster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #6621
Jeeper
 
loganjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLATEOTW View Post
when your first reply to "what would you do if you win the lottery?" is: " i'll get my TJ a..."
We actually did this in English today... And that's exactly what I put!!!
loganjp is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #6622
Jeeper
 
JohnDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 848
When you're friends ask what car you'd get if you had a million dollars. And you say "a 2006 LJ unlimited rubicon with (insert everything you can think of) and a 2006 rubicon with (insert everything you can think of)"
__________________
2004 Wrangler TJ X, and a bunch of stuff
JohnDoe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2013, 03:03 AM   #6623
Jeeper
 
Kodywitha__K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 93
When you're depressed because you put fuse 4 back in...cold Michigan weather doesn't allow for too much doors-off driving
__________________
Grew up in a 93 YJ, so I got myself my own TJ!
Kodywitha__K is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #6624
Jeeper
 
Nashorn101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
When you're friends ask what car you'd get if you had a million dollars. And you say "a 2006 LJ unlimited rubicon with (insert everything you can think of) and a 2006 rubicon with (insert everything you can think of)"
X2

...when everyone says they'd get a Lamborghini or a real fancy car if they won the lottery. And I say "I'd keep my TJ, buy all the mods I want, then buy a new JK t'boot!"
__________________
Shale Green Metallic, 2002 Jeep TJ X, 4.0L I6, 5-speed
.________
/l_|,
[____],
l--|--L--OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o--)_)
Nashorn101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #6625
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashorn101 View Post

X2

...when everyone says they'd get a Lamborghini or a real fancy car if they won the lottery. And I say "I'd keep my TJ, buy all the mods I want, then buy a new JK t'boot!"
Buy 1000 acres to start an offroad park.
pyrilampes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #6626
Jeeper
 
ThatWhiteMachine101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 470
Build a rock buggy
__________________
2005 Patriot Blue TJ - Current love.
2004 Stone White TJ - Rest in Piece old girl.
ThatWhiteMachine101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #6627
Jeeper
 
04TJst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 64
When you spend tons of quarters at a car wash trying to get all the mud out and off your jeep!
04TJst is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #6628
Jeeper
 
rednickTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Millbrook, Alabama
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrilampes View Post
Buy 1000 acres to start an offroad park.
Yes that would be amazing
__________________
Red 03' wrangler sport 4.0L with 3" zone lift and Firestone destination mts.
Getting there in a jeep is all the fun
rednickTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #6629
Jeeper
 
redneckpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North West Arkansas
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrilampes View Post
Buy 1000 acres to start an offroad park.
Forum members get discounts, right???
__________________
2006 Wrangler Unlimited
redneckpunk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #6630
Jeeper
 
barefootcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sebring,Fl
Posts: 286
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdata View Post
Driving an infinity QX70 with heated and cooled leather seats and a full tinted glass roof (no more sunburns and skin cancer fears while driving). An added bonus is.. I don't have to wear earplugs when driving on the freeway and I can cruise at 80mph comfortably. Better gas mileage and wayyyy better towing a small trailer. Not to mention the Adaptive cruise control on the freeway and an AWD system that sh*ts on a stock jeep in sand and snow. Those are just a few things that pop mind.

Sorry. I just ordered one and I'm excited. Anyone wanna buy a ridiculously clean 2006 TJ with 35k miles. Garage queen with minor tasteful mods. Let me know! Looking for $15,500
I have a 2010 Hyudai Genesis Coupe 3.8, a 2004 Jaguar XJ8 VandenPlas, 2007 Toyota Tundra 4 door 4WD 5.7, and a 2003 Chevy Blazer Xtreme, And I also ride a 2007 Honda VTX 1800 T2. My wife likes all these vehicles. I guess the funniest thing about all of this is, None of them can follow my TJ and at the end of the day, my little Jeep holds it resale value better than any of them. I reckon we all have our own likes and dislikes, and hey,if thats your thing, Good Luck to you. Hope you find a buyer real soon !! As for me, everything in the yard has a price tag, except my TJ.

__________________
2004 Jag Xj8 Vanden Plas
2007 Honda VTX 1800 T2
2007 Tundra
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Trac
2000 TJ 4.0 5 speed
When God made me, he was just showing off!!!
barefootcowboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts: Ask Tom Here TomWood Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 11 05-07-2013 03:47 PM
My Jeep has a strange squeal while I drive heepiejeepie TJ General Discussion Forum 4 02-24-2012 10:03 PM
Oil Pump Drive Gear - HELP PLEASE! Rolf TJ General Discussion Forum 3 11-24-2011 01:58 PM
Show off what else you drive!!! XOIIIIOX Off-Topic 15 08-23-2011 10:18 PM
Weird w.question involving drive line angle and the front Drive shaft Vaultzz General Jeep Discussion 13 03-05-2010 08:06 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC