You know you drive a TJ when.... - Page 34 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #991
Jeeper
 
BumperJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo97wrangler

Or you could give me an amp! rofl
But then I don't have an amp! And I deffinatly don't have the money for another amp haha

__________________
98 Tj Wrangler. 4.0L I6 Automatic, 33" Tires, BORLA full exhaust, and Dana 44 rear.
BumperJumper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #992
Jeeper
 
SurfKaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Augustine FL
Posts: 1,635
You're at work sitting in your jeep reading this forum

SurfKaster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #993
Jeeper
 
Jonny15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dover, New Hampshire
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder Monkey
You're at work sitting in your jeep reading this forum
Haha x2
Jonny15 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #994
Jeeper
 
Dragonii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperJumper View Post
I have the amp on the floor from the previous owner, i was planning on putting one 10-12in sub under the seat along with the amp so its all hidden and no one knows its there.... Its a small space and I don't need crazy audio. Just figured since i had the amp i might as well drop the 100-200 itll cost me to build a box and buy a sub..
I've seen the box modified to have a sunk in portion for the amp to sit. Looks pretty cool. It all depends on how big your amp is. Mine is small, only a 7x5" footprint... but it delivers one hell of a punch.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 View Post
They aren't hid anymore
Not so much worried about the people on this forum, more the shady looking guys walking around at the mall.
Most of the people on a Jeep forum would know better than to mess with a mans Jeep anyway.
It also has an alarm with a proximity sensor that goes off if anything crosses the door openings and it sits under the watch of a home security camera system whenever I am at home.
Dragonii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #995
Jeeper
 
MD4P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 403
Figures we just talked replacing lost keys, and I just lost mine at school , and I have to drive to another school to get to class -_-
__________________
Ruby red!

OHIO JEEPS ARE THE BEST KIND OF JEEPS!
MD4P is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #996
Jeeper
 
Boo97wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii
I've seen the box modified to have a sunk in portion for the amp to sit. Looks pretty cool. It all depends on how big your amp is. Mine is small, only a 7x5" footprint... but it delivers one hell of a punch.

Not so much worried about the people on this forum, more the shady looking guys walking around at the mall.
Most of the people on a Jeep forum would know better than to mess with a mans Jeep anyway.
It also has an alarm with a proximity sensor that goes off if anything crosses the door openings and it sits under the watch of a home security camera system whenever I am at home.
Info on alarm?
__________________
When experts panic, they call the fire dept.
Boo97wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #997
Jeeper
 
Dragonii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,554
It's a basic Viper system with a proximity sensor added to it. It has the standard issue alarm features like flashing lights, starter kill, shock sensor and so on but it also senses things that get too close.
When the top is on and it's all buttoned up it works just like any other alarm. Bump it, it beeps, bump it again, it screams. Open a door and it beeps for about two seconds, then the alarm goes off full blast.
When you take the doors and top off it pretty much acts the same way except that if anyone gets withing about 4-6 inches of the cab it beeps at them to let them know to move. If they don't, it goes off. They are great for Jeeps and motorcycles.
Not sure how much the prices are in your area, but I got the alarm, proximity sensor, installation and two windows tinted for $275.
Dragonii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #998
Jeeper
 
Dragonii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo97wrangler View Post
Info on alarm?
This guy gives a pretty good explanation of it.
2007 mustang gt viper alarm - YouTube
Dragonii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #999
Jeeper
 
CharTay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,385
I like that!
CharTay is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #1000
Jeeper
 
kshaws21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast Ga. Mountains
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii
It's a basic Viper system with a proximity sensor added to it. It has the standard issue alarm features like flashing lights, starter kill, shock sensor and so on but it also senses things that get too close.
When the top is on and it's all buttoned up it works just like any other alarm. Bump it, it beeps, bump it again, it screams. Open a door and it beeps for about two seconds, then the alarm goes off full blast.
When you take the doors and top off it pretty much acts the same way except that if anyone gets withing about 4-6 inches of the cab it beeps at them to let them know to move. If they don't, it goes off. They are great for Jeeps and motorcycles.
Not sure how much the prices are in your area, but I got the alarm, proximity sensor, installation and two windows tinted for $275.
I had a truck get broken into and everything stolen from it years ago. I had a top of the line Alpine alarm system in it, but that didn't stop the thieves. Neighbors even admit to hearing the alarm blasting for a while but none of them looked to see what was going on. Moral of the story is alarms are useless. They won't fend off a real thief, only a petty crook looking for a quick grab maybe. I have not had an alarm since then and very rarely even lock the doors. Heck think about it, how many of us on here will admit to hearing car alarms going off and not looking to see? I am one of the guilty. Alarms are cool toys for younger kids to think they have something, but the more life experienced folks know better....
kshaws21 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #1001
Jeeper
 
Dragonii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshaws21 View Post
I had a truck get broken into and everything stolen from it years ago. I had a top of the line Alpine alarm system in it, but that didn't stop the thieves. Neighbors even admit to hearing the alarm blasting for a while but none of them looked to see what was going on. Moral of the story is alarms are useless. They won't fend off a real thief, only a petty crook looking for a quick grab maybe. I have not had an alarm since then and very rarely even lock the doors. Heck think about it, how many of us on here will admit to hearing car alarms going off and not looking to see? I am one of the guilty. Alarms are cool toys for younger kids to think they have something, but the more life experienced folks know better....
Life experiences.... over the years I have had stereo equipment stolen from two cars, a tool box stolen from my truck and a GPS stolen from the girlfriends car, in all cases it happened right outside my home. If I would have had an alarm in those cases it would have made enough noise for me to stick my head out and see what was going on.
Will it stop a professional thief that is hell bent on stealing my vehicle? No, probably not. But will it let me know if some punk from two streets over climbs into my Jeep in the middle of the night? Yeah, and that's good enough.
They are never perfect, but they are one more step to make things harder for those little brats.


One good thing about most Jeeps is that you do call police and report it stolen they are usually pretty easy to spot on the road.
You can't hide this as easy as you can an Altima.
Dragonii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #1002
Jeeper
 
BlackMetal 2004TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekaz1
Hey everybody just wondering about this too. Do you notice your jeep slightly lower itself in reverse and slightly stand up in gear/drive. Compared to neutral/park. Mine makes a noticeable difference between all these
My auto does exactly this and clunks going into reverse unless the have the emergency brake up
__________________
Bergen County, NJ

-Keep it Metal
BlackMetal 2004TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #1003
Jeeper
 
BlackMetal 2004TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00

Control arms are dirt cheap too for factory replacements. Lay under the jeep and have someone shift. I would bet its control arms. Mine was awful before. Also using the parking break and pressing the brake pedal fully when shifting seems to help.
Yea the parking brake def helps with this
__________________
Bergen County, NJ

-Keep it Metal
BlackMetal 2004TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #1004
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMetal 2004TJ

My auto does exactly this and clunks going into reverse unless the have the emergency brake up
I don't have park so I don't have to worry about this

But second gear grinds really bad when it's cold... I guess that's the trade off between the two. Lol
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #1005
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 81
When you turn the windshield wipers on in the morning only to discover that the moisture is on the INSIDE of the windshield- I left the top off over night in humid south Texas.
Jeep Dad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #1006
Jeeper
 
mcw402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dumas, Tx.
Posts: 243
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Dad
When you turn the windshield wipers on in the morning only to discover that the moisture is on the INSIDE of the windshield- I left the top off over night in humid south Texas.
I've don't that before more than once....
mcw402 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #1007
Supporting jeeper!

WF Supporting Member
 
Mikekaz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Springfield ma
Posts: 3,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMetal 2004TJ

My auto does exactly this and clunks going into reverse unless the have the emergency brake up
That's exactly the same as me! Haha. At least I know mines not a loner
Mikekaz1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #1008
Jeeper
 
TheCheaperJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fruithurst, AL
Posts: 40
When you have more dirt inside the jeep than outside!
__________________
I got a feelin.....to do some wheelin.
TheCheaperJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #1009
Jeeper
 
Mariah94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheaperJeeper
When you have more dirt inside the jeep than outside!
^ so true!
Mariah94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #1010
Newb
 
Masta_Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11
Anytime you're listening to a song that makes a weird noise, you instantly turn off the radio and frantically try to see if it was the song or your Jeep making a new noise.
Masta_Cow is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #1011
Jeeper
 
fourty4magjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Erie
Posts: 1,754
When your favorites on YouTube exceeds 300 and 299 of them are wrangler videos LOL
__________________
/I ,[_____], Goodyear duratrac 33x12.5r15s
I---I_ -olllllllo- 4" currie lift, savvy arms.
()_) ()_)—o-)_) Cragar or Procomp soft 8s pioneer deck with polk db series speakers
fourty4magjr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #1012
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourty4magjr
When your favorites on YouTube exceeds 300 and 299 of them are wrangler videos LOL
I bet that last one is the one with the funny cats! Lol
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #1013
Supporting jeeper!

WF Supporting Member
 
Mikekaz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Springfield ma
Posts: 3,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinwater

I bet that last one is the one with the funny cats! Lol
Lmfao
Mikekaz1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-20-2012, 02:07 AM   #1014
Jeeper
 
NorthwestTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Cow View Post
Anytime you're listening to a song that makes a weird noise, you instantly turn off the radio and frantically try to see if it was the song or your Jeep making a new noise.
This happens to me at least once a week!
__________________
The voices in my head told me to...
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
NorthwestTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #1015
Jeeper
 
Moody715's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 96
You have lost your left shoe at least once and multiple hats driving with the top and doors off....

Never getting those back
Moody715 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #1016
Jeeper
 
Blackpony04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Youngstown, New York
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody715 View Post
You have lost your left shoe at least once and multiple hats driving with the top and doors off....

Never getting those back
So THAT'S where all those mysterious single shoes on the side of the road come from! I take it there isn't a Trail-Rated Shoelace available, right?
__________________
'12 Black Sport JK
Blackpony04 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #1017
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody715
You have lost your left shoe at least once and multiple hats driving with the top and doors off....

Never getting those back
Hahaha. I've had about 6 hats fly in the back seat and one fly out but I was in the middle of my town so I got it back after a car ran it over. Lol
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #1018
Jeeper
 
2000jk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lombard IL
Posts: 407
When your friend is complaining about buying a car with 80k miles and you are confident to tell them you bought yours with over 140k and it' still running strong
__________________
Your car may go fast but my JEEP can go anywhere.
2000jk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #1019
Jeeper
 
fourty4magjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Erie
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinwater View Post
I bet that last one is the one with the funny cats! Lol
__________________
/I ,[_____], Goodyear duratrac 33x12.5r15s
I---I_ -olllllllo- 4" currie lift, savvy arms.
()_) ()_)—o-)_) Cragar or Procomp soft 8s pioneer deck with polk db series speakers
fourty4magjr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #1020
Jeeper
 
danatkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 71
when you push the clutch in going down a hill and actually slow down.
37's and 4:88 gears lol

danatkins is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts: Ask Tom Here TomWood Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 11 05-07-2013 03:47 PM
My Jeep has a strange squeal while I drive heepiejeepie TJ General Discussion Forum 4 02-24-2012 10:03 PM
Oil Pump Drive Gear - HELP PLEASE! Rolf TJ General Discussion Forum 3 11-24-2011 01:58 PM
Show off what else you drive!!! XOIIIIOX Off-Topic 15 08-23-2011 10:18 PM
Weird w.question involving drive line angle and the front Drive shaft Vaultzz General Jeep Discussion 13 03-05-2010 08:06 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC