94 YJ price - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-04-2005, 03:54 PM   #1
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Amherst Ohio
Posts: 4
Send a message via AIM to 94 wrangler
94 YJ price

I've got a 1994 yj with 132,000 miles on. It also is getting a new paint job. Besides the mileage and paint it is beautiful. I am planning on selling it to get a new CJ with a lift kit. I was wondering how much do you think I can get for it.
Thank you,
Jared

94 wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
amerijeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mississippi.
Posts: 3,951
I really couldn't say without knowing more specifics of the Jeep. Try going to kelly blue book site (I think it's kbb.com, but not positive) and see what they tell you when you enter all the information in. I'd say $5,000 as just a wild guess. I'm no expert though.

Why would you want to get rid of a YJ for a CJ? That's taking a step backwards. The YJ has an improved suspension with a wider track and a lower ride height, a front anti sway bar, and front / rear panhard bars for a smoother riding Jeep, and a more user friendly interior. It is really far advanced over the CJ era Jeeps. Not saying that the CJs aren't sweet, but they aren't at the YJ level. No offense to the CJ crowd. Just stating the facts.

__________________
To all who serve, Thank You.
amerijeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-05-2005, 09:09 AM   #3
IITYWTMWYBMAB

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
4Jeepn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Florence, KY
Posts: 10,268
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerijeep
.

Why would you want to get rid of a YJ for a CJ? That's taking a step backwards. The YJ has an improved suspension with a wider track and a lower ride height, a front anti sway bar, and front / rear panhard bars for a smoother riding Jeep, and a more user friendly interior. It is really far advanced over the CJ era Jeeps. Not saying that the CJs aren't sweet, but they aren't at the YJ level. No offense to the CJ crowd. Just stating the facts.
1st on the price also look at edmunds.com for value, see what those are selling near you are going for.

2nd to my pal amerijeep... the cj is not really taking that much of a step back. You can get one with a dana 44 (86model year), no YJ ever had one of those, you don't have the vacum 30 to deal with, even if you have the amc20 its still a better axle than the dana 35, the dana 300 in the later years is a great transfer case, there is a front sway bar, and you can get a V8 stock. the only real down side is is the carter carb which can be fixed or replaced. I built two of them.. they where great. Just my 2cents though.
__________________
79.96.85.00.01.97.00.97.93.97.95.94
CJ.XJ.CJ. TJ. TJ.ZJ. TJ.TJ. ZJ.ZJ.YJ. XJ
4Jeepn is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-05-2005, 09:24 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
amerijeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mississippi.
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Jeepn
1st on the price also look at edmunds.com for value, see what those are selling near you are going for.

2nd to my pal amerijeep... the cj is not really taking that much of a step back. You can get one with a dana 44 (86model year), no YJ ever had one of those, you don't have the vacum 30 to deal with, even if you have the amc20 its still a better axle than the dana 35, the dana 300 in the later years is a great transfer case, there is a front sway bar, and you can get a V8 stock. the only real down side is is the carter carb which can be fixed or replaced. I built two of them.. they where great. Just my 2cents though.
Good points, my friend. I stand by what I said though. It's going backwards. For what? Round lights? Anyway, I think that only the individual can make the decision for their preference in a Jeep, so my opinion means squat. Good talk though.

Honestly, if I were looking to get something a little older, I really think the old Toyota Landcruisers are awesome. Seen alot of them lately too.
__________________
To all who serve, Thank You.
amerijeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-05-2005, 09:42 AM   #5
IITYWTMWYBMAB

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
4Jeepn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Florence, KY
Posts: 10,268
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerijeep
Honestly, if I were looking to get something a little older, I really think the old Toyota Landcruisers are awesome. Seen alot of them lately too.
yeah those are nice too.. and think they have round head lights..lol
__________________
79.96.85.00.01.97.00.97.93.97.95.94
CJ.XJ.CJ. TJ. TJ.ZJ. TJ.TJ. ZJ.ZJ.YJ. XJ
4Jeepn is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-05-2005, 09:41 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
amerijeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mississippi.
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Jeepn
yeah those are nice too.. and think they have round head lights..lol
LOL. If I come across one for sale, I might think about it. I sure don't need it now that I have a company vehicle. Hey! Now I can do things with the ole YJ that I couldn't do before because I needed it for the daily drive.
__________________
To all who serve, Thank You.
amerijeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-08-2005, 08:53 PM   #7
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Amherst Ohio
Posts: 4
Send a message via AIM to 94 wrangler
Sorry

When I posted it I ment to say I would get a new YJ or TJ. Sorry. I don't like CJs.




sorry,
JP
94 wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-08-2005, 10:51 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
amerijeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mississippi.
Posts: 3,951
Whoa! Nothing wrong with CJs. Keep in mind that if you want to buy, this is the time of year that prices are the highest. The Blue Book on mine went up $1,500 between February and April. Seriously!

Jerry
__________________
To all who serve, Thank You.
amerijeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2005, 10:26 AM   #9
IITYWTMWYBMAB

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
4Jeepn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Florence, KY
Posts: 10,268
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 wrangler
When I posted it I ment to say I would get a new YJ or TJ. Sorry. I don't like CJs.
sorry,
JP
No Problem... get the TJ and all will be forgiven....
__________________
79.96.85.00.01.97.00.97.93.97.95.94
CJ.XJ.CJ. TJ. TJ.ZJ. TJ.TJ. ZJ.ZJ.YJ. XJ
4Jeepn is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2005, 10:45 AM   #10
WF Graphics Bitch
 
JeepCrawler98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 544
Send a message via AIM to JeepCrawler98
Ya go for the TJ - it's a much cushier ride I wouldn't go with a CJ - while they had better drivetrain, they had MUCH weaker frames, and had a lot more glitches as a whole compared to a YJ - wranglers were a huge step up in comfort. Stick to the newer stuff if you can!
__________________
//1998 Jeep TJ {'4\"', 'TFLX LAT', 'AA HD SYE', 'HF 8000Lb', 'LockRight', 'Armor', 'Body mods', 'Misc Mods' = 'true' };
JeepCrawler98 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
amerijeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mississippi.
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCrawler98
Ya go for the TJ - it's a much cushier ride
I was thinking of a word that rhymes with cushier, sort of, and starts with a "p".

Stange thing happened yesterday. A guy in my area wanted to swap his 97 TJ for my 94 YJ even swap. He must be on crack. Really though, I like a TJ. It's fun to have a little friendly rivalry though.

__________________
To all who serve, Thank You.
amerijeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What price? BretStep TJ General Discussion Forum 5 07-24-2008 03:56 PM
Is this a decent price...... KBR97 General Jeep Discussion 1 05-06-2008 09:22 PM
2005 Special Edition Wrangler Unlimited. Price just Reduced!!!! Lots of MODS!!! (TX) texasjeep Classifieds Archive 33 11-05-2007 08:21 AM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC