Hi all. I just picked up an 89 that used to be a good friends. It is a long story, which I will post when I start the rebuild.
Anyway, I have some quick questions, and wanted to say hi and intorduce myself.
My name is Joey T, I work for a used car dealer in Scotia, NY. I am an avid Audi enthusiast, and have a well modded A4 and a 1995 Audi 90. I also have a few street bikes, a 56 TBird, and some other stuff. I will have no problem with the difficulty of any repairs on this Jeep, but of course, may have some questions now and then.
Speaking of which...
1. I would like to have a small, light, plow. I will be driving the Jeep in the Summer also, so I need one I can remove reasonably easy. Any suggestions on models? Anyone have one for sale?
2. A hardtop might be nice. Again, where to buy, how much to expect to spend?
3. If I don't get a hardtop, how bad will this be to drive with the softop in NE winters?
4. Winch. I will be taking it off road on occasion, and sometimes I lack impulse control. A small winch would be helpful.
5. Locking diffs, at least the front. The idea of a 4X4 with open diffs seems silly to me. How do I identify what diffs I have and what is the suggestions for a locker? Anyone use Powertrax?
6. I need a tailgate. Mine was the recipient of a whack at some point and is bent. I need to paint the car, so color is not important.
7. Rear seat. Me no gots
8. Repair manual. I see a CD on e-bay, any good?
So, if anyone wants to buy a nice Audi 90, lemme know
I need to free up some money for the Jeep.
And, for the record, I am in Scotia, NY, and would be interested in meeting any local guys.