Recall=Free parts! - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-31-2010, 08:33 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
beefmobile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by falatude
Got my E-Brake replaced, Gas Tank Sensor Gasket, but they would not replace my Catalytic unless I payed for a new exhaust system. Bastards, I hate dealerships!!! Even left a mess on my floor from replacing the E-Brake.
Then a close inspection underneath revealed, they had ran my skid plate bolts up sooo tight with an impact, they pulled them right through the mounting holes. Damn thing was flappin in the breeze by the time I got home!
And that's exactly why my own two hands turn every bolt on my Jeep

__________________


1990 YJ- 6" Lift, 35" Baja Claws, 4.56, Cam, etc
1993 Wrangler- Dead
2006 Mustang- Cammed, Slammed, And fully bolted

United States Marine Corps
beefmobile is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2010, 08:58 AM   #32
Jeeper
 
beefmobile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 422
i just checked and i have 5!


ARK BRAKE PEDAL ASSEMBLY
SAFETY
09/27/2002
INCOMPLETE

DISC BRAKE ROTORS
SAFETY
03/05/1998
INCOMPLETE

CHOKE/PCV HARNESS RESET IDLE(S/L)
FED EMIS
01/05/1996
INCOMPLETE

FUEL TANK SENDING UNIT GASKET
SAFETY
02/06/1995
INCOMPLETE

LEFT FRONT SPLASH SHIELD
SAFETY
03/17/1993
INCOMPLETE

__________________


1990 YJ- 6" Lift, 35" Baja Claws, 4.56, Cam, etc
1993 Wrangler- Dead
2006 Mustang- Cammed, Slammed, And fully bolted

United States Marine Corps
beefmobile is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2010, 10:42 PM   #33
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Douglassville, PA
Posts: 8
First post here as I just purchased a 1991 YJ on 12/23/2010. I wanted something to play around with and rebuild over the next few years with my 14 yo son.

Does anyone know what the Disk Brake Rotors recall entails? The recalls are too old and the pdf links are not active. Since this is a 20 yo vehicle I doubt if it would still be running the original rotors? Although it does only have 94K miles on the clock so maybe they are original? Maybe I can score new rotors for free with the recall?


Recall Description BULKHEAD WIRING CONNECTOR(MAN.)
Recall Notice Download (PDF)
Recall Type SAFETY
Issue Date Wed Jul 14 00:00:00 EDT 1993
Vehicle Recall Status INCOMPLETE

Recall Description FUEL TANK SENDING UNIT GASKET
Recall Notice Download (PDF)
Recall Type SAFETY
Issue Date Mon Feb 06 00:00:00 EST 1995
Vehicle Recall Status INCOMPLETE

Recall Description CATALYTIC CONVERTER
Recall Notice Download (PDF)
Recall Type FED EMIS
Issue Date Wed May 01 00:00:00 EDT 1996
Vehicle Recall Status INCOMPLETE

Recall Description DISC BRAKE ROTORS
Recall Notice Download (PDF)
Recall Type SAFETY
Issue Date Thu Mar 05 00:00:00 EST 1998
Vehicle Recall Status INCOMPLETE
rbeitz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #34
Jeeper
 
tslroper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 130
I had the recall for the rotors as well. I'm still waiting on the dealership to call me. Apparently, YJ's sold or registered in the rust belt were not originally equipped with rotors with the correct anti-corrosion material. When replacing my axle shaft u-joint a few weeks ago I noticed the inside of my rotors had huge chunks eaten out of them by corrosion and was getting ready to replace them myself. So, this post just saved me $50.
tslroper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
edbrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Jersey pines
Posts: 16
Took my Jeep to the dealer for my recall and was told they could not do the brake hose recall due to the fact that my brake system was too rusty and they didnt want to risk breaking anything. Guess its better than getting an unexpected big bill.
edbrick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2011, 11:12 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
chensley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbrick View Post
Took my Jeep to the dealer for my recall and was told they could not do the brake hose recall due to the fact that my brake system was too rusty and they didnt want to risk breaking anything. Guess its better than getting an unexpected big bill.
Low rent man, stay on top of that rust crap. You know the rules of jeeping. 1.rust. 2.clean 3.protect 4.replace

your jeep will live forever if you do that.

here is a song from a guitar wizard that will pump you up like arnold to elevate you to wizard status. (Even though all jeepers are wizards, we sometimes need music to beat those punks that seem keep us down)

chensley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
chensley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeitz View Post
First post here as I just purchased a 1991 YJ on 12/23/2010. I wanted something to play around with and rebuild over the next few years with my 14 yo son.

Does anyone know what the Disk Brake Rotors recall entails? The recalls are too old and the pdf links are not active. Since this is a 20 yo vehicle I doubt if it would still be running the original rotors? Although it does only have 94K miles on the clock so maybe they are original? Maybe I can score new rotors for free with the recall?


Recall Description BULKHEAD WIRING CONNECTOR(MAN.)
Recall Notice Download (PDF)
Recall Type SAFETY
Issue Date Wed Jul 14 00:00:00 EDT 1993
Vehicle Recall Status INCOMPLETE

Recall Description FUEL TANK SENDING UNIT GASKET
Recall Notice Download (PDF)
Recall Type SAFETY
Issue Date Mon Feb 06 00:00:00 EST 1995
Vehicle Recall Status INCOMPLETE

Recall Description CATALYTIC CONVERTER
Recall Notice Download (PDF)
Recall Type FED EMIS
Issue Date Wed May 01 00:00:00 EDT 1996
Vehicle Recall Status INCOMPLETE

Recall Description DISC BRAKE ROTORS
Recall Notice Download (PDF)
Recall Type SAFETY
Issue Date Thu Mar 05 00:00:00 EST 1998
Vehicle Recall Status INCOMPLETE

I HAD most of those recalls myself. I cleaned the ever living out of my jeep for rust and broken nuts (lulz) leaks and what ever. It cost me all of about 20 bucks and a good neighbor with a pressure washer. My front end has been pretty much re-done, breaks, e-break (i don't know what that is!) and there was a re-call for the dana 35 which was fixed free of cost. My jeep runs like a champ and I almost ran over my other neighbor and her snobby dog out of excitement. Keep in mind though, If you "Drag" your jeep in looking like a huge pile of FUBAR the mechs will go on and write you off for some small reason and tell you to get on your way because if something breaks it will cost them money. Most recalls (if i remember correctly) before 95? will have to be called in for independent verification.


TL;DR (too long didn't read) Clean up your machine before getting a recall service.
chensley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
edbrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Jersey pines
Posts: 16
Yeah I understand the reasoning and then I went to pick up my jeep today and when i went to drive it off the lot the brake pedal went to the floor. No pressure. So I go in to the service manager and they swear they never touched the brakes. Brakes work going in so WTF. After an inspection my power brake booster magically craped out at the dealer. My family buys all of their cars from this place so im waiting for a call in the morning to see what they will do for me if anything. If not its a tow home and I have something to do this weekend. I will just keep telling myself not to get upset
edbrick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #39
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 4wheel heaven
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbrick
Yeah I understand the reasoning and then I went to pick up my jeep today and when i went to drive it off the lot the brake pedal went to the floor. No pressure. So I go in to the service manager and they swear they never touched the brakes. Brakes work going in so WTF. After an inspection my power brake booster magically craped out at the dealer. My family buys all of their cars from this place so im waiting for a call in the morning to see what they will do for me if anything. If not its a tow home and I have something to do this weekend. I will just keep telling myself not to get upset
i think its time to get pissed lol
yjforlife is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
GatorDeve86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 88
no recalls for me =(

__________________
-The Deve-
79 CJ5
92 YJ
04 KJ
GatorDeve86 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeepin Junkyards Cons_Table General Jeep Discussion 7 05-16-2011 12:08 AM
Fellow Ohio Jeepers Help fick15 Ohio Jeep Forum 11 01-19-2010 10:56 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC