what a crappy day! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
cakes567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 1,496
Images: 8
Send a message via AIM to cakes567
what a crappy day!

What went wrong today....

First I lost my brakes while I was driving. Then I had to weld a patch in my floor witch was the worst tine ever! Could not get the welder to set right it just sucked! Also since I was grinding I cut two wires with the grinder and I have no clue what they are for... Then I was bleeding my brakes because of the loss of them! While I was doing that I noticed a pin hole in my tire! So I went to the store and spent 15 dollers on a stupid little bottle of tire slime. While I was pulling out the core of the valve stem I droped it into the floor drain.... so I dug around in that for and hour in old oil dirt and god knows what in there!

__________________
-Melvin Friendly-
cakes567 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Dance w/me tonight

WF Supporting Member
 
jkucod12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,006
Images: 8
I would realign my thinking with 2 glasses of screaming eagle 1997 wine.
Attached Images
 

jkucod12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
bigbuckd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 240
Sounds way too familar. Seems like I go through that everytime i touch my jeep. Hope ya got it all worked out. Were abouts are you in NY. I live in Watkins Geln. The finger lakes region.
bigbuckd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Homer,NY
Posts: 78
Yup, Loosing brakes and welding up a jeep. As soon as I read that that I knew you were from NY. Near Cortland here.
ROBCAR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
cakes567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 1,496
Images: 8
Send a message via AIM to cakes567
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuckd
Sounds way too familar. Seems like I go through that everytime i touch my jeep. Hope ya got it all worked out. Were abouts are you in NY. I live in Watkins Geln. The finger lakes region.
Hey I live about an hour from you! In bloomfield. My father works like 20min from there. Bloomfield is by victor or canadagua lake off 5 and 20
__________________
-Melvin Friendly-
cakes567 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
bigbuckd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 240
Gotta love ny rust. makes anything you do with your jeep a hole lot harder. my daughter goes to school in Canadagua.
bigbuckd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
bigbuckd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 240
Matter of fact I just welded another patch on the ol frame. Missed that hole this spring when I fixed the others.
bigbuckd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
cakes567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 1,496
Images: 8
Send a message via AIM to cakes567
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuckd
Gotta love ny rust. makes anything you do with your jeep a hole lot harder. my daughter goes to school in Canadagua.
Mines got like little to no rust on it. Its got 2 rot holes on the rockers and in side of the cab. I live about 10min from that school lol.
__________________
-Melvin Friendly-
cakes567 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
bigbuckd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 240
Count yourself lucky then. Can't tell ya how bad mine was. Check out my thread. If the link works for ya.
bigbuckd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
cakes567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 1,496
Images: 8
Send a message via AIM to cakes567
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuckd
Count yourself lucky then. Can't tell ya how bad mine was. Check out my thread. If the link works for ya.
I just don't drive it in the winter! Its only got 120,000 miles on it.
__________________
-Melvin Friendly-
cakes567 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
cakes567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 1,496
Images: 8
Send a message via AIM to cakes567
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes567

I just don't drive it in the winter! Its only got 120,000 miles on it.
Wate scratch that! Its got 112,000 miles on it!
__________________
-Melvin Friendly-
cakes567 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
DILLIGAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cortland NY
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBCAR View Post
Yup, Loosing brakes and welding up a jeep. As soon as I read that that I knew you were from NY. Near Cortland here.
So where do you ride Rob? off road that is?
__________________

Semper Fidelis!

95 2.5L, 5sp, 4" RC Lift, Lock Right front diff. 8.8 LS 4.10 gears, M/T 31" Baha Claw
DILLIGAF is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #13
jokerchief462

WF Supporting Member
 
jokerchief462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Las Vegas
Posts: 9,280
Happy to see someone else had a great day. Ball joints suck and rust sucks too. Finally beat that sh$% up and got one side completed. Now fights on for Monday the other side is just waiting to get beat up by an oldman and some PB Blaster. I feel your pain in a lot of my body but after $300 in front steering parts $rental fees and 6 hours working on my YJ priceless but I am still po'd and working on some Crown Royal medicinal just for the pain. Your not the only one but you got to love it.
jokerchief462 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
cakes567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 1,496
Images: 8
Send a message via AIM to cakes567
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462
Happy to see someone else had a great day. Ball joints suck and rust sucks too. Finally beat that sh$% up and got one side completed. Now fights on for Monday the other side is just waiting to get beat up by an oldman and some PB Blaster. I feel your pain in a lot of my body but after $300 in front steering parts $rental fees and 6 hours working on my YJ priceless but I am still po'd and working on some Crown Royal medicinal just for the pain. Your not the only one but you got to love it.
Yaa I know. I just hate it when its one thing after an other! Then it never ends! Or gotta love them days where everything is working out great couldn't be better then u hit snag and ur in a bind that recks everything and ruins ur hole day!
__________________
-Melvin Friendly-
cakes567 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #15
jokerchief462

WF Supporting Member
 
jokerchief462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Las Vegas
Posts: 9,280
Blisters on my knees, grease everywhere $25 sopa and shampoo, half a bottleof siple green to clean up $7 and then two hours in the hotub with some crown PRICELESS!!!!
jokerchief462 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
cakes567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 1,496
Images: 8
Send a message via AIM to cakes567
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462
Blisters on my knees, grease everywhere $25 sopa and shampoo, half a bottleof siple green to clean up $7 and then two hours in the hotub with some crown PRICELESS!!!!
Haha I got a lift so I don't get blisters on my knees but everything elce seems about right!
__________________
-Melvin Friendly-
cakes567 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
President, ThumbJeeps

WF Supporting Member
 
sevenservices's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mid-Michigan/Thumb
Posts: 3,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes567 View Post
Yaa I know. I just hate it when its one thing after an other! Then it never ends! Or gotta love them days where everything is working out great couldn't be better then u hit snag and ur in a bind that recks everything and ruins ur hole day!
As soon as I start getting hungry my patience goes right out the door lol. If it were me my wife would be yelling "stop and get something to eat your turning into one of those snickers commercials" lol

__________________
-Chris
President, ThumbJeeps
CB Callsign "AirForce One"


1994 Wrangler YJ I6 4.0 H/O Auto 3 spd. 4" RC (33x12.5) (15x8) 3:54 Gears
sevenservices is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
cakes567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 1,496
Images: 8
Send a message via AIM to cakes567
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenservices

As soon as I start getting hungry my patience goes right out the door lol. If it were me my wife would be yelling "stop and get something to eat your turning into one of those snickers commercials" lol

Haha I just tell ny girlfriend to make me something to eat. Most of the time I gotta go get it but what ever. Throw a pizza in the oven for 30min work in the shop for 20mim more then come in and get some pizza! Get nice and full then go back out. Its like a start of a new day after eating something its great!

__________________
-Melvin Friendly-
cakes567 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC