What I did to my YJ today - Page 264 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #7891
Jeeper
 
LindaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 10,892
^ I have been trying to get the right one for a while. Finally got it last weekend thanks to another WF member. Thanks Justin!

__________________
Helping make the world a better place - one wave at a time!
LindaB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #7892
Jeeper
 
Jeep_Gypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tightwad, Mo
Posts: 2,328
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaB View Post
^ I have been trying to get the right one for a while. Finally got it last weekend thanks to another WF member. Thanks Justin!
I've got three or four for that reason.

__________________
Jeeps, like fidgety little time bombs...
Jeep_Gypsy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #7893
Jeeper
 
LindaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 10,892
I have a couple but just couldn't use them. One's a bikini top by a company called Steele Horse but it needs a different type of windshield channel. Had a safari top also which I just sold last night.
__________________
Helping make the world a better place - one wave at a time!
LindaB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #7894
Mr Jeepy of California

WF Supporting Member
 
ChicoJeepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chico, CA.
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaB View Post
I have a couple but just couldn't use them. One's a bikini top by a company called Steele Horse but it needs a different type of windshield channel. Had a safari top also which I just sold last night.
When I bought my YJ it came with a Smitty built bikini top. I love it! Best top for summer
__________________
My back yard. Sutter Buttes. Best 4 wheeling around! All private owned and few get to enjoy it's rugged beauty first hand.
1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ 2.5L AX5 Transmission Rough Country 4" Suspension Lift 27" Wildcat Tires and Stock Wheels KC Fog Lights OEM Push Guard White SmittyBilt Soft Top with Rugged Ridge Hardware CB Radio Full Sound System.....
ChicoJeepy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #7895
Jeeper
 
LindaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 10,892
What year is yours? I have the sport roll bar and it seemed everything I found was for the family style.
__________________
Helping make the world a better place - one wave at a time!
LindaB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #7896
Jeeper
 
Jeep_Gypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tightwad, Mo
Posts: 2,328
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaB View Post
What year is yours? I have the sport roll bar and it seemed everything I found was for the family style.
This, all of the this.
__________________
Jeeps, like fidgety little time bombs...
Jeep_Gypsy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #7897
Jeeper
 
Charley24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 704
Images: 9
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4000889480.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	269071
__________________
'93 YJ / 3.5" lift (2.5" Old Man Emu suspension and 1 inch shackle) / 31 X 10.50 BFG's / 2.5 power / 5 speed / Quadratec winch..........KCCO!!!
Charley24 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #7898
Jeeper
 
Charley24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 704
Images: 9
Sorry, for previous post. Took the top off!!
__________________
'93 YJ / 3.5" lift (2.5" Old Man Emu suspension and 1 inch shackle) / 31 X 10.50 BFG's / 2.5 power / 5 speed / Quadratec winch..........KCCO!!!
Charley24 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #7899
Mr Jeepy of California

WF Supporting Member
 
ChicoJeepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chico, CA.
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaB View Post
What year is yours? I have the sport roll bar and it seemed everything I found was for the family style.
Mine is a 1993. I believe every jeep before 93 is sport roll bars and after mine is family style.
__________________
My back yard. Sutter Buttes. Best 4 wheeling around! All private owned and few get to enjoy it's rugged beauty first hand.
1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ 2.5L AX5 Transmission Rough Country 4" Suspension Lift 27" Wildcat Tires and Stock Wheels KC Fog Lights OEM Push Guard White SmittyBilt Soft Top with Rugged Ridge Hardware CB Radio Full Sound System.....
ChicoJeepy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #7900
Mr Jeepy of California

WF Supporting Member
 
ChicoJeepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chico, CA.
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley24 View Post

Sorry, for previous post. Took the top off!!
You have such a clean looking YJ. I wonder if my jeep would look good with those fenders? Stock in my opinion is cheap chinese looking plastic.
__________________
My back yard. Sutter Buttes. Best 4 wheeling around! All private owned and few get to enjoy it's rugged beauty first hand.
1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ 2.5L AX5 Transmission Rough Country 4" Suspension Lift 27" Wildcat Tires and Stock Wheels KC Fog Lights OEM Push Guard White SmittyBilt Soft Top with Rugged Ridge Hardware CB Radio Full Sound System.....
ChicoJeepy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #7901
Jeeper
 
JACK3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Out in God's country
Posts: 541
I finally got my hands on a cutting torch.. Bye Bye ugly tube bumper..
JACK3D is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #7902
Jeeper
 
Charley24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 704
Images: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoJeepy View Post

You have such a clean looking YJ. I wonder if my jeep would look good with those fenders? Stock in my opinion is cheap chinese looking plastic.
Thanks. I put those pocket flares on because I didn't like the way the tires stuck out so far with the stock ones. It looked funny. I had 33's that looked better with those flares but went back to 31's. they are Tag pocket flares. About $210.00 on eBay.
__________________
'93 YJ / 3.5" lift (2.5" Old Man Emu suspension and 1 inch shackle) / 31 X 10.50 BFG's / 2.5 power / 5 speed / Quadratec winch..........KCCO!!!
Charley24 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #7903
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaB View Post
^ I have been trying to get the right one for a while. Finally got it last weekend thanks to another WF member. Thanks Justin!
no problem Linda.... you've bought half of my jeep as of now lol


looks great
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #7904
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,560
tried to put my new (new to me but used) soft top on the jeep..... turns out its missing the mounting bracket for the spreader bars to the tub. also missing the part that attaches the rear spreader bar to the front spreader bar.

im totally screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #7905
Jeeper
 
LindaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 10,892
Haha! Isn't that what YJ owners do? The top fits great! Oh, I have a peddle cover for you. It's only one & not perfect but might work for now if you want it. We were at the pick n pull yard today.
__________________
Helping make the world a better place - one wave at a time!
LindaB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #7906
Jeeper
 
wrangleryj90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spokane,Wa
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Bum View Post
tried to put my new (new to me but used) soft top on the jeep..... turns out its missing the mounting bracket for the spreader bars to the tub. also missing the part that attaches the rear spreader bar to the front spreader bar.

im totally screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have the bars off my yj from the soft top it had send me pictures of what you need via pm
wrangleryj90 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #7907
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaB View Post
Haha! Isn't that what YJ owners do? The top fits great! Oh, I have a peddle cover for you. It's only one & not perfect but might work for now if you want it. We were at the pick n pull yard today.
Awesome. Thanks Linda. I gotta find your secret place

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangleryj90 View Post

I have the bars off my yj from the soft top it had send me pictures of what you need via pm
PM sent
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #7908
Jeeper
 
LindaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 10,892
[QUOTE="Beach-Bum;3931754"]

Awesome. Thanks Linda. I gotta find your secret place

Last jeep in was already picked clean so I guess it's not such a secret! Lol!
__________________
Helping make the world a better place - one wave at a time!
LindaB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #7909
Jeeper
 
AKohler883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 333
92-95 YJ should have been family style roll bar.
__________________
1994 YJ - 4.0L, 5 Spd. 2.5" Pro Comp lift, 30x9.5 tires
2007 JKU - stock for now
AKohler883 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #7910
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11
Smittybuilt Rock Rails

Sore as hell and what a pain in the ass getting my old stock steps off! The 4 bolts on each side were almost impossible, but I finally did it. The rails were a breeze once I got everything off. Now its starting to look a little better. Just need 33's now, Bumper with tire rack, an above the spare tire ice chest rack and 2 jerry can racks and I will be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JeepRails.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	269680  
deltahog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #7911
Jeeper
 
LindaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 10,892
Replaced some missing interior pieces-parts and put my carpet back on driver's side. Now just need to force myself to go put the top up.
__________________
Helping make the world a better place - one wave at a time!
LindaB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #7912
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahog View Post
Sore as hell and what a pain in the ass getting my old stock steps off! The 4 bolts on each side were almost impossible, but I finally did it. The rails were a breeze once I got everything off. Now its starting to look a little better. Just need 33's now, Bumper with tire rack, an above the spare tire ice chest rack and 2 jerry can racks and I will be done.
Looks good. I have to install my rocker armor/sliders as well


Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaB View Post
Replaced some missing interior pieces-parts and put my carpet back on driver's side. Now just need to force myself to go put the top up.

Missing that bikini top now... The soft top I bought was apparently missing the mounting bracket to mount the front bow to the tub as well as the piece that connects the rear bow to the front. So now I'm SOL with no top unless the guy I bought it from finds the parts
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #7913
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,560
Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.


__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #7914
Jeeper
 
DILLIGAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cortland NY
Posts: 595
Installed new bumper with tire carrier!

Replaced dead clutch plate, and while down there did the frame repair for the tranny skid plate!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper..jpg
Views:	47
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	269899  
__________________

Semper Fidelis!

95 2.5L, 5sp, 4" RC Lift, Lock Right front diff. 8.8 LS 4.10 gears, M/T 31" Baha Claw
DILLIGAF is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #7915
Jeeper
 
Jeep_Gypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tightwad, Mo
Posts: 2,328
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Bum View Post

Looks good. I have to install my rocker armor/sliders as well

Missing that bikini top now... The soft top I bought was apparently missing the mounting bracket to mount the front bow to the tub as well as the piece that connects the rear bow to the front. So now I'm SOL with no top unless the guy I bought it from finds the parts
What parts do you need I'll look around.
__________________
Jeeps, like fidgety little time bombs...
Jeep_Gypsy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #7916
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Gypsy View Post

What parts do you need I'll look around.




The two pieces at the bottom of the bows. The ones that attach the bows to the tub and the ones that attach the rear bow to the forward bow. They're normally not removable but the guy modified the top to make it easier to remove. He included cotter pins which really seem like a good idea except the fact that the brackets are missing. Lol.
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #7917
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Bum View Post
Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.
Hope you did as well. When do you go back on the boat?

Today I replaced both rear driveshaft U-joints, replaced the tranny filter & fluid, adjusted both tranny bands (thank you for the help, horsedad58!), replaced fuel filter, and re-tightened the serpentine belt.

Still have a slight driveline vibration since the Zone OffRoad 2" suspension lift... likely will be looking for some stock rear shackles to replace the longer ones that are currently on there (I'd rather not do a t-case drop, and current budget says no to a SYE).

My JKU Sahara on the far left and YJ Sahara on the far right:


From today in my poorly-lit garage:
__________________
2012 Unlimited Sahara... a.k.a. "Fluffy"
2012 F150 SuperCrew FX2... the work sled
1995 YJ Sahara... I call her Madge... she's not stuck... she's just soaking in it
JKU SRQ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #7918
Jeeper
 
LindaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 10,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Bum View Post

Looks good. I have to install my rocker armor/sliders as well

Missing that bikini top now... The soft top I bought was apparently missing the mounting bracket to mount the front bow to the tub as well as the piece that connects the rear bow to the front. So now I'm SOL with no top unless the guy I bought it from finds the parts
Wanna buy it back? I'll make you a good deal! Lol! Really, sorry to hear this and seriously, if you want it back till you can get the pieces for the new one just let me know. I still have my soft top so I can do without the bikini for a while. Besides...I need to keep on good terms with my (parts) Dealer!
__________________
Helping make the world a better place - one wave at a time!
LindaB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #7919
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKU SRQ View Post

Hope you did as well. When do you go back on the boat?

Today I replaced both rear driveshaft U-joints, replaced the tranny filter & fluid, adjusted both tranny bands (thank you for the help, horsedad58!), replaced fuel filter, and re-tightened the serpentine belt.

Still have a slight driveline vibration since the Zone OffRoad 2" suspension lift... likely will be looking for some stock rear shackles to replace the longer ones that are currently on there (I'd rather not do a t-case drop, and current budget says no to a SYE).

My JKU Sahara on the far left and YJ Sahara on the far right:

From today in my poorly-lit garage:
I did, thanks. Lots of good family time. Another 9 days home before I'm back on the water. Looking forward to enjoying every single one of them!


Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaB View Post

Wanna buy it back? I'll make you a good deal! Lol! Really, sorry to hear this and seriously, if you want it back till you can get the pieces for the new one just let me know. I still have my soft top so I can do without the bikini for a while. Besides...I need to keep on good terms with my (parts) Dealer!

Lol thanks Linda, I have a cover I put on. Not sure how waterproof it is. I guess I'll find out tomorrow lol. I appreciate the offer but worst case I'm gonna have to start driving Laura to work for a week so I can use her car
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #7920
Jeeper
 
LindaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 10,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Bum View Post

I did, thanks. Lots of good family time. Another 9 days home before I'm back on the water. Looking forward to enjoying every single one of them!

Lol thanks Linda, I have a cover I put on. Not sure how waterproof it is. I guess I'll find out tomorrow lol. I appreciate the offer but worst case I'm gonna have to start driving Laura to work for a week so I can use her car
Ok, but if you change your mind just let me know.

__________________
Helping make the world a better place - one wave at a time!
LindaB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
build , installation , jeep , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One Problem After Another Today :( vin211 TJ General Discussion Forum 2 01-10-2014 09:42 PM
Officially a JEEP owner today rico334 TJ General Discussion Forum 24 12-17-2013 02:36 AM
Tops switch today mishel JK General Discussion Forum 4 06-23-2009 02:00 PM
Today is my Anniversary! jeeptales Off-Topic 13 04-03-2006 02:44 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC